The Angsana Balaclava is in my opinion quite simply fantastic.
Starting with it's location: It is far enough from any village to give you the (accurate) feeling of beeing out in the beautiful mauritian nature (you won't hear any noise apart from the waves of the sea) and yet it takes just a 15-20 minute drive to be in the middle of the lively capital city Port Louis. The hotel is situated right on the beach, fantastic views from your terrace and sunsets included.
The hotel is rather small which is perfect for anyone who doesn't like big crowds and feeling like a mass tourist. I guess you could call it a boutique hotel, all it's rooms are suites of unbelievable quality (since we were there quite early, we got the chance of seeing different rooms). Very spacious, top quality furniture, lovely bathrooms (which actually feel more like little spas than just bathrooms). And if you can manage to get either a Seafront Suite or a Spa Suite, you will get your own private pool! Perfect for relaxation after a day of exploring the island.
The different restaurants are very good too, serving a well balanced mixture of kreol (local mauritian), asian, indian and european/western food of excellent quality.
The staff is just excellent, friendly nearly beyond belief, well informed, very competent and anticipatory. Sometimes they seemed to know what we wanted almost before we did ourselves.
If you feel like relaxing and enjoying the sun, you've got the beach and the sea right in front of your room as well as two swimming pools, one fresh water, one salt water (actually three pools, counting the private one on your terrace) and the beautiful Spa.
Should you feel more explorative and adventurous, you can either still stay at the hotel and take advantage of the (free) bike rides, snorkeling/boating tours or other water sport facilities. Or you can take one of the taxis waiting by the hotel and explore this fantastic tropic island. These taxis are in close contact to the hotel management and know the island like the back of they're hand. For fixed and very reasonable fees, they'll show you whatever you like to see and will act as your private driver all day long (shopping, nature, cities, you name it)!
Bearing in mind that the hotel had only been open for about a month when we stayed there and will certainly have improved even more by now, I can absolutely recommend it to everyone who is looking for a top class hotel in Mauritius. Should I spend another holiday in Mauritius, I know where I would stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the northwest coast of Mauritius, in the secluded area of Turtle Bay, Angsana Balaclava offers a hideaway ideal for travellers looking for privacy and relaxation. Angsana Balaclava is the island’s premier boutique resort – the latest 5-star resort on the Mauritian landscape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Holiday Gems, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Agoda, Travelbag and Hotelopia so you can book your Angsana Balaclava Mauritius reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Angsana Balaclava Hotel Balaclava
- Angsana Balaclava Mauritius