Angsana Balaclava Mauritius
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Oberoi, Mauritius(Pointe Aux Piments)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
View Hotel
Victoria Beachcomber Resort & Spa(Pointe Aux Piments)
View Hotel
Le Meridien Ile Maurice(Pointe Aux Piments)
  • Breakfast included
Villas Mon Plaisir(Pointe Aux Piments)
  • Pool
View Hotel
Hotel Spice Garden(Pointe Aux Piments)
1,064 results
All reviewsprivate poolspa suitevitality poolsea water poolour honeymoonocean frontf bsorbethoney moonspa staffspecial thanksport louisbreakfast and dinnerreception teammemorable stayrestaurant staffsteam room
FilterAll languages
A TripAdvisor Member
Marxzell, Germany
Reviewed 6 June 2012

The Angsana Balaclava is the best hotel I have ever stayed at. I have seen many 5 Star Hotels but this one...It's just amazing! The service was excellent, everyone cares so much for your needs and everything possible will be done to make your stay more enjoyable.
The Garden Suite I stayed in was very nice. It is 72 square meters big, there is plenty of space for your stuff and the room still does not look crowded. Another plus is the big balcony where you can enjoy the beautiful view if it's rainy.
The hotel itself has a really nice set up, the pools are clean and the beach is also very nice. The Spa and the fitness room are well equiped, the service in there is amazing as well.
The food in the restaurant is definitely worthy for a 5*+ Hotel. The chef is doing an amazing job. The set menu is very good, you always have 5 options to choose from. And you will always find something that you like. Everything is prepared freshly for you, so NO warmed up stuff on your plate!
For breaktfast there is a buffet, you can have your omlette prepared with all the ingredients you like, they make fresh waffles, pancakes and crépes. There is also a great variety of fruits, warm dishes like bacen, porridge and baked beans and also a lot of bread and sweet pastries and juices.
My stay at the Angsana Balaclava was the most enjoyable and relaxing holiday I have ever had. I can only recommend staying there!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Pascal P, General Manager at Angsana Balaclava Mauritius, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing our resort for your recent holiday and for taking the time to share such wonderful comments. I am delighted to learn you found Angsana Balaclava to be the best hotel you have ever stayed at!

As an exclusive intimate boutique resort, Angsana Balaclava places an emphasis on the attention to details and it is fantastic to read that you see Angsana Balaclava to be amazing, that the service was excellent and your needs were cared for. Also it is delightful to know that you enjoyed the view from your balcony and found the hotel set up really nice, the spa and fitness room well equipped and the food at the restaurant to be worth 5 stars.
Your gracious comments have been passed to our personnel, which will serve as an added inspiration to consistently maintain the high standards you have experienced, and which are one of the trademarks of our brand.

We would like to thank you once again for your comments as these will truly help us to monitor, and improve even further our Angsana services and facilities. I trust you had a pleasant and safe journey home and look forward to welcoming you back again to Angsana Balaclava or to any of our other resorts worldwide.

Pascal Prigent

Reviewed 5 June 2012

My husband and I arrived exhausted after the flight and were well looking after upon arrival. In finding out we had just got married we were upgraded to a Spa Suite from our booked garden suite which was a great treat. The Spa suit included a pool on our balcony, which was lovely, but just a bit too cold enjoy fully! We received night service from our lovely and friendly maid who turned down our beds and made the room comfortable. We found the hotel resort overall very comfortable, everything was on hand should you want it and the service was excellent. The food was of a very high standard and we enjoyed the evening three course dinners. the seafood was particularly excellent and breakfasts varied in thier provision. Renu was a particularly lovely lady who was both attentive and efficient in her waitering.

The location of the resort was isolated which when wanting rest and quite with a beautiful beach front (as we hoped for) it was perfect. However, it did feel very restirctive if you wanted to go further afield. Whilst reception was willing to book you a private taxi for the day for where ever you wanted to go, the price in my mind was extortionate and some what unreasonable, easily 25% above the standard rate, but if you don't mind paying a lot for privacy and comfort then go ahead you will find it very easy to do what you want.

The gentlemen running the boat house and water sports where delightful and willing to help, we enjoyed sailing, kayaking and trying out wateskiing. The hotel itself was still undergoing some inprovements and fine tuning, but the work in no way disrupted our stay. In fact the staff would go out of their way to be of assitance. In someways, because we went in the quiet season, there were too many staff, all eager to be attentive and meet your needs, perhaps we wanted to be a little more left alone, but really you shouldn't complain about such excellent attentiveness and good service. My only warning is for staff not to constantly ask for trip advisor comments and recommendations, we found the desire for such feed back great and while happy to provide it, constantly being asked for feedback can be a little tiring!

Overall I can highly recommend the Angsana Balaclava Hotel, utter luxury, excellent food and a beautiful restful beach and environment inwhich to rest and relax. Thank you to all the staff at Angsana Balaclava!

2  Thank ADADUnitedKingdom

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing our resort for your honeymoon trip and for taking the time to share such wonderful comments. I am delighted to learn that you found Angsana Balaclava to be highly recommendable due to its utter luxury, excellent food and beautiful and restful beach and environment.

As an exclusive intimate boutique resort, Angsana Balaclava places an emphasis on the attention to details and it is fantastic to read that you enjoyed your evening 3 course dinners, the excellent service, the comfortable room and the water activities available.

Pascal Prigent

Reviewed 19 May 2012

I stayed with my husband at Angsana Balaclava in April. I normally don't write reviews but after our holiday at this hotel I thought I would like to share my comments as we had an amazing experience. We were looking for a relaxing break to recharge and this is exactly what we were able to do at Angsana. We have been to Mauritius several times before but usually in much larger hotels and we really wanted to stay somewhere smaller. Angsana is such a charming, little resort and we felt so well looked after by all the staff. It's got a very boutique feel and most guests were couples. We absolutely loved our Beachfront suite - so luxurious and stylish and what a view of the ocean! The hotel is in a great location to explore the area but we did not venture out much as we enjoyed relaxing by our private pool and on the beach. The spa was a real treat and I definitely recommend this to anyone who needs a bit of TLC. The therapist was excellent and I slept like a baby after my treatment. The food was delicious, lots of fresh seafood, and we enjoyed cocktails at the bar each night. We received a small gift every evening that the chamber maid left on our bed, this was such a nice touch. All in all we had a wonderful stay at Angsana and will certainly come back. I think we might have found a new favourite hotel on the island.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Jane M
Reviewed 17 May 2012

Nice hotell with fantastic service and top of the line food..Great rooms an nice personnel.free water-sports

2  Thank Tom153
Reviewed 15 May 2012

We had a wonderful time at this hotel. The usual good service was laid out as you get in all of Mauritius. I recomend this hotel especially for short stays. I also recomend this hotel for businessmen staying on 2 to 4 days stays. Well positioned from Port Louis main centre and nice secluded property. Will go back again.

2  Thank Miele1953
Ruud H, General Manager at Angsana Balaclava Mauritius, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2012

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for choosing our resort for your recent holiday and for taking the time to share such wonderful comments. I am delighted to learn you found Angsana Balaclava to be a nice property.
As an exclusive intimate boutique resort, Angsana Balaclava places an emphasis on the attention to details and it is fantastic to read that you had a wonderful time at this hotel. We are very pleased to read your encouraging words about our Resort being a nice secluded property and recommendable for businessmen also, due to its positioning.

Ruud Hulscher