Whatever I write will be less.
We went to Angsana with great expectations, from the property as well as service, this being a 5 star property. But these guys somehow managed to exceed all expectations!
The check-in in itself is so pleasant and non intimidating, with welcome cocktails and warm towels, it can totally satiate the tired soul.
This is supposed to be the smallest 5 star hotel in Mauritius (62 rooms, thats all!) and this helps BIG time! I have stayed in other 4 stars and 5 stars which make you feel you are in some small town in itself with so many people buzzing around you!
Due to the small size, the service quality thus is great! You have everyone, right from the front desk to the servers in the restaurants, to the chef, ALL calling you by your first names in a couple of days time! One does feel at home, though more like a palatial home :)
1.Too many. Rooms - Amazing! Every minutest detail taken care of! Like the TV can revolve a full 360 degree following you wherever you sit. Coffee machines, Tea maker, fruits, daily two bottles of water, amazing bath products, I can go on and on.
2. Food: Awesome! The chef is Indonesian and he can cook ANY cuisine. And not just cook, the presentation is right out of Masterchef Australia! :) The best part is, he does not compromise. If say a Thai curry is supposed to be spicy, he would make it spicy to preserve the taste. Ofcourse there would be a milion people warning you, including the chef, before you order the same :)
3. Beach: Great beach, great water activities like kayaks, snorkelling, etc all free though.
4. Last but not the least, In suite pool. We really didnt want to be on beach, and never used the two swimming pools in the hotel!
5. Angsana Spa: One should definitely try this. Its an amazing , relaxing experience!
1. Cant think of any, but probably there can be a way to warm water in the in suite pool.
2. And the TV can do with more channels :)
Overall: I am So going to come back here again! And try other Agsana properties Only thanks to this experience.
Lasting impression: The front desk team actually standing at the door and bidding us good byes with smiles on their face, waving their hands! Touched us no end!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the northwest coast of Mauritius, in the secluded area of Turtle Bay, Angsana Balaclava offers a hideaway ideal for travellers looking for privacy and relaxation. Angsana Balaclava is the island’s premier boutique resort – the latest 5-star resort on the Mauritian landscape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Holiday Gems, Southall Travel, Expedia, Agoda, Travelbag, Hotelopia, Destinology, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Odigeo so you can book your Angsana Balaclava Mauritius reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Angsana Balaclava Hotel Balaclava
- Angsana Balaclava Mauritius