Angsana Balaclava Mauritius
US$277
US$392
US$379
Great 4.5/5
The Oberoi, Mauritius(Pointe Aux Piments)
US$718
Excellent 5/5
Le Meridien Ile Maurice(Pointe Aux Piments)
US$307
US$297
  • Breakfast included
Villas Mon Plaisir(Pointe Aux Piments)
US$99
Travelocity
Good 3.5/5
  • Pool
Recif Attitude(Pointe Aux Piments)
US$225
Orbitz.com
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
Port Chambly(Terre Rouge)
1,059 results
All reviewsprivate poolspa suitevitality poolsea water poolour honeymoonocean frontf bsorbethoney moonspa staffspecial thanksport louisbreakfast and dinnerreception teammemorable stayrestaurant staffsteam room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 April 2013

Overall, the hotel has everything you would expect of a luxury “honeymoon-like” beach get-away: very large and comfortable rooms, quiet atmosphere, amazing pools (I loved the sea-water pool with the sand bottom!). Also, all members of the staff are extremely friendly and attentive.

The beach: nicely looked-after, very attentive staff. Although not the clear blue-water that you expect from the pictures…

The spa: staying in the spa suit, we enjoyed 1-hour massage per day, which was perfect every single time. The staff is extrenely nice and attentive, all the girls deserve 10-stars for the service and the warm atmosphere!

The food: staying on a half-board, we had dinner in the restaurant every night. In short, the level is good – most of the time the meals were absolutely great, although we quite seriously disappointed on two occasions. My guess is that the chef is less familiar with European-style cuisine, but if you go for the Asian dishes, those are very good!

Watersports: I took a whole star off for this reason, as in my opinion most of those activities from the ad brochures of the hotel simply do not exist!
Having never before visited a coral-reef island, I was very much looking forward to the free snorkeling promised by the hotel. So at the schedule time set by the local team, we were taken to the “snorkeling spot” next to the hotel – where nothing was to be seen except from mud and sand!! And at hearing this, none of the staff was particularly surprised, not really caring… Having looked up in our guidebook that some great snorkeling spots were just 30min car ride from the hotel, we asked the reception if they could help us organize a boat trip there. After a lot of explanations, we were merely put in contact with some other hotel’s team, who quoted a price 7 (!!) times higher than any local agency on the streets. This is when we gave up and walked up to the first street agency in the local town – who took us to an awesome spot for a small payment, where we could snorkel all we wanted. I was extremely disappointed by this whole mess – the hotel should not advertise for the activity if it has NO way to providing it to customers! (and no, looking through the mask at the mud is NOT snorkeling!)
Same happened when my boyfriend wanted to do some water-ski – he was vaguely told that “it is not a good time for water-ski”, although he came at exactly the times set at the schedule of the hotel!

Room Tip: If staying in a spa suit, ask for the 3rd floor rooms - this way you will get the sun on your private pool (otherwise shaded by other terraces)
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
BTGroup, General Manager at Angsana Balaclava Mauritius, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2013

Warm Greeting from Angsana Balaclava Mauritius

Thank you for choosing our resort for your recent stay and for taking the time to share your precious comments on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to learn that you found our hotel wonderful and that your stay was pure relaxation.
We are happy to learn that your Spa Suite was up to standard and that you found it to be spacious and comfortable. Being an exclusive Boutique resort, Angsana Balaclava Mauritius only has 52 Suites which make the place very quiet and intimate for each of our Guests.

Our associates place emphasis on the attention to details and as we strive to create a memorable stay for our guests, I am especially encouraged by your positive feedback on our service standards. Our team is trained to be authentic, friendly, gracious and provide a service attitude that is above expectations.

Our restaurant is well known for its Mauritius/Asian style cuisine and our Executive Chef Suardi who comes from Indonesia and his team constantly work on innovating & creating new ideas everyday.

However, I would like to seize this opportunity to present my sincere apologies for the disappointing experience from our Boat House. I am sorry truly sorry to hear about all the various issues you encountered during your stay and assure you that all issues experienced are currently being investigated internally. It is our greatest goal to make sure that our guests have a most enjoyable stay with us and I am sorry that we did not achieve our goal on this occasion.

We would like to thank you once again for your comments as these will truly help us to monitor, and improve even further our Angsana services and facilities.

I trust you had a pleasant and safe journey home and look forward to welcoming you back for a chance to exceed your expectations to Angsana Balaclava Mauritius or to any of our other resorts worldwide.

A TripAdvisor Member
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 7 April 2013

Angsana was terrific in every aspect. From the food, accommodation, staff, atmosphere and amenities, Angsana provided the perfect escape for our honeymoon.
Thank you to all who made our stay so memorable.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Angsana.com
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
BTGroup, General Manager at Angsana Balaclava Mauritius, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2013

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at Angsana Balaclava. We are very pleased to read that you had the ‘honeymoon of a lifetime’ with us.

Set in the North West coast of Mauritius, facing spectacular sunsets every evening, Angsana Balaclava Mauritius is an oasis of relaxation and privacy designed ideally for couples and honeymooners.

We are delighted to learn that we provided you with the perfect escape on this special occasion and that our team took great care of you and that you enjoyed the various services and amenities we provide.

We look forward to welcoming you back to a pleasant rest and wonderful sunset at Angsana Balaclava or to any of our other resorts worldwide.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 2 April 2013

This is my second visit to the hotel. My first visit was back in 2011 when the hotel just opened. While it is my second visit here, the hotel offers so much variety in terms of food and convenience of location that you never get bored coming here. As expected, the service was phenomenal and the food was excellent.

My second visit also happened to coincide with Chinese New Year. We were treated to a fantastic gala dinner and music. In addition we were lucky to get the traditional dragon dance with fireworks. The buffet was high-end with oysters, dimsum as well as crispy suckling pig.

Overall, I really enjoy coming here. It offers the perfect balance of tranquility and luxury and at the same time being relatively close to Port Louis. Since I was on business trip, the proximity was perfect for me.

Rooms: The rooms at Angsana are absolutely stunning and are probably one of the best in Mauritius! They are oversized suites with all the basic necessities. The room comes with complimentary coffee and water. I was in a Beach Suite which had direct access to the beach and comes with it's own personal swimming pool and steam shower.

Spa: Although I did not get a chance to use the spa, I did have a dip in their vitality pool which has several water features. I would also like to thank Jean Pierre for the personal training and stretching exercises at the gym.

I very much enjoyed my second trip there and would recommend it in a heartbeat to everyone!

Room Tip: Upgrade to the beach suites for rooms on the beach!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank P T
BTGroup, General Manager at Angsana Balaclava Mauritius, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

It was an honour to have you visiting us once again at Angsana Balaclava and we are very pleased to read that you find us to be ‘the very best of what Mauritius has to offer’

Mauritius being a multi cultural country, everyone here celebrates all the various festival and we are glad that you could share Chinese New year with us and that you enjoyed the gala dinner as well as the dragon dance and fire crackers which are all part of tradition. We are pleased that the wide variety of food prepared by our Executive chef Suardi and his team on this special occasion madde your stay a memorable one

Thank you for commenting on our Beach front Suites which are indeed very popular. With its direct access to the beach as well as its private pool, Jaccuzzi, steam shower and spacious balcony with daybed, our Beachfront Suite is the perfect spot to enjoy an idyllic island escape after spending the day in Port-Louis .

We would like to thank you once again for your kind words which have been shared with our team already. it is always motivating for them to know that they could contribute to make a guest’s stay remarkable

I trust you had a pleasant and safe journey home and look forward to welcoming you back again to Angsana Balaclava or to any of our other resorts.

Reviewed 1 April 2013

Spent the day there today with the family, and what a beautiful place.

This is a Banyan Tree property, and you can see the the owners have spent a lot of time and effort in to designing it....very Bali-esque feeling.....amazing.

The food there for lunch was great, the staff was super super friendly.....Vinay at the front desk stood out as a phenomenal team member there.

It's a more boutique hotel with only about 55 rooms, but this adds to it's flavor!

I'll be visiting this place ALOT more while i live here in Mauritius.

It's set off the beaten path, close towards the Maritim, Intercontinental etc, and it's a 5 star hotel, so price wise it is not for everyone.

TOTALLY AMAZING!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank niknpatel

Dear Mr Patel,

It is a great pleasure to read that following your lunch on Sunday, Angsana Balaclava has now become your ‘new favourite hotel in Mauritius’. Thank you for taking the time to share such generous review on trip Advisor.

Being an exclusive intimate boutique resort, Angsana Balaclava places an emphasis on the attention to details and we strive to create a memorable stay for our guests. Our team is trained to be authentic, friendly, gracious and provide a service attitude that is above expectations.

Our Balinese Executive Chef Suardi and his team constantly work on innovating ideas and menus in order to create a memorable stay for each guest. His cuisine is an Asian Mauritian Fusion and you won’t be disappointed with the mixture of flavours and colours that makes his dishes so popular amongst our guests. We are pleased that you had the opportunity of tasting and experiencing some of it through our special Easter Brunch organised on Sunday
It has been a pleasure having you and we are glad to have provided you with a memorable experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back again at Angsana Balaclava Mauritius and please do not hesitate to contact us shall you need any more information.

Reviewed 31 March 2013

I've stayed in various five star hotels in Mauritius but this one is well above the rest. The ocean front suite was very spacious, well designed and exquisitely decorated. Loved my own private infinity pool. All the staff were very friendly and the service was great. The food was excellent. Great spot to windsurf. The gym staff were superb and very knowledgeable. Thank you Jean Pierre and Roobesh for all your coaching and health tips. Special thank you to your helpful front desk staff as well. I had a wonderful and relaxing stay at your hotel and can't wait to come back with the whole family.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Denis L

Greetings from Angsana Balaclava Mauritius,

Thank you for choosing our resort for your recent holiday and for taking the time to share such wonderful comments. I am heartened to learn that you find Angsana Balaclava Mauritius to be ‘heaven on earth’

Our Beach front suites style and décoration are indeed very popular amongst our Guests. With its direct access to the beach as well as its private pool, Jaccuzzi, steam shower and spacious balcony with daybed, it is perfect spot to enjoy an idyllic island escape.

It is also very encouraging to know that our Associates was very friendly and that the food was excellent. Our Balinese Chef Suardi and his team constantly work on innovating new ideas to offer the best Asian Mauritian fusion cuisine to our guests.

As an exclusive intimate boutique resort, Angsana Balaclava places an emphasis on the attention to details and it rewarding to know that we could make your stay a memorable one

I trust you had a pleasant and safe journey home and look forward to welcoming you back again to Angsana Balaclava or to any of our other resorts worldwide

Yours Sincerely,