“Honeymoon”

Angsana Balaclava Mauritius
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Balaclava
Reviewed 29 September 2013

We went on our honeymoon for 2 weeks (1 week in the Island La Réunion and 1 week in Mauritius) from the 19th of august till the 5e of september. The second week we stayed in Angsana Balaclava Mauritius. The hotel was small (only 50 rooms) what we liked very much. It was the low season and the hotel was only half full most of the time. Nice.

The staff was wonderfull: at the reception, the pool, the beach, swimmingpool, restaurant, the spa,... they were all very friendly and helpfull.

We had a beachfront villa on the first floor. The room was breathtaking. We also loved the private swimmingpool (cold water, but it was oké).

It was to bad that the beach was so small. we like tho take long walks on the beach but that wasn't possible. but other than that is was great.

4  Thank Hilde V
Angsana Balacla... M, General Manager at Angsana Balaclava Mauritius, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

Dear Hilde,

First of all, congratulations on your honeymoon!

We would like to thank you for leaving a Trip Advisor comment following your stay at Angsana Balaclava Mauritius.

I am pleased to hear that you were able to enjoy the various facilities of the resort and that you found your BeachFront suite ‘breathtaking’. We must say that this room is popular amongst our guests especially for its impressive view without even leaving their private pool.

Being an exclusive intimate boutique resort, Angsana Balaclava Mauritius places an emphasis on the attention to details and we strive to create a remarkable stay for our guests.

Your encouraging and warm comments have been passed on to the team and once again we would like to thank you for your stay at our resort.

I hope you had a safe trip back to Antwerp and that we will be welcoming you at the resort very soon.

Meppen, Germany
Reviewed 25 September 2013

We stayed 10 days at Angsana Balaclava in september 2013. It was an absolutely delightful stay. Every day we could enjoy realy delicious meals in the restaurant "Oryza" which were mostly inspired by the asian cuisine. All associates seek to make the guests feel comfortable day and night.
Excellent service and lovely staff made it an unforgettable trip!

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Dear Valued guest,

We would like to thank you for taking some time to leave a TripAdvisor comment following you 10 day stay at our resort.

Nestled in the secluded area of Turtle Bay, Angsana Balaclava Mauritius with its 52 suites, offers a hideaway ideal for travellers looking for privacy and relaxation. I am truly delighted to hear that your experience with us was ‘unforgettable’.

All associates work hard every day at making sure all guests are fully content. Chef Suardi and his team are glad that you enjoyed the Asian fusion cuisine and the various other dishes.

I would like to sincerely thank you for your heartful comments. Rest assured that they have been passed on to the whole team that made your honeymoon a delightful stay.

We trust you had a safe trip back home and that we will soon see you again at Angsana Balaclava Mauritius.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

I was given a special award from my employer in recognition of my customer service skills; a luxurious holiday for me and my partner.

Where to go? Dubai? Las Vegas & Hollywood? Tour of Australia? The Maldives? Mauritius? So many choices.

We eventually decided on Mauritius but the next task was deciding where to stay. The hotels and resorts all looked equally as stunning as each other.

I was drawn to the Angsana with the idea of a private pool and jet spa in the beachfront suite. Super luxurious and it did not disappoint! However the thing that really sealed this decision for me was the reviews left by guests on Trip Advisor and the personal response sent to each from Pascal Prigent the General Manager. I could sense a true passion for customer service and knew there and then that we would be well looked after. And we were.

We arrived early on Sunday morning and were very kindly greeted by Oliver. We were furnished with a cold towel to freshen us up after our long journey and the most delicious Aloe Vera and Passion fruit drink.

After completing the paperwork, Vinay gave us a very helpful and detailed run down of the resort and helped us to our accommodation.

WOW! Despite seeing the photos many times over, we were taken aback by the beauty of our suite and the facilities on hand to us for the 7 days ahead. Waking up every morning to the view of the beach and the ocean was wonderful.

The food was absolutely divine. The chef was very talented indeed. There was so much choice at all mealtimes but in particular, the evening menus changed every day so we never had the same thing twice in that respect. We stayed around the beach/suite during the day but still and had a variety of meals and snacks.

Although Angsana is a small hotel, the service provided by every one of the staff was 1st class. The aim, I believe, is to provide a place to rejuvenate. It is impossible not to relax here. This was a truly amazing experience.

Every one of the staff members work really hard to ensure that the guests are well looked after and have a holiday experience to remember. However there were certain individuals who really stood out for us and I want to give these a special mention.

First of all, Preetum, the Catering Manager, whose passion and pride in his work is unmistakable and unwavering. He is an expert in his field and his team follow his example.

Then there’s Sharma, the bar tender. He is exceptionally kind and friendly. He was very informative about the local area and helped me find the most delicious rum that I have ever tasted (locally brewed Green Island Spiced Gold). He always seemed happy in his work and his smile was contagious.

Kovilen, who works at the beach and around the pool. He works tirelessly to ensure that clean towels are available for guests, along with a refreshing bottle of ice cold water. He was back and forth many times, fulfilling our food and drinks orders. He did this every day, always with a smile on his face. Nothing was ever too much trouble for him.

We also have to give a special mention to Ashvin who we will always remember for his kindness, gentleness and 100% sincerity.

It’s difficult to remember everyone’s names but others that made this a memorable stay were Kiran, Anushka, Jessica and Vinay on the reception desk., assisting the Duty Managers; Oliver, Vinash and Emanuel. The catering staff, including Leck, Mayuree, Preety, Renu, Sharvin, Domasin, Avinash , Kasheva and Alisha. I must also mention Lovela, the massage therapist, who has magic hands. There were many other staff members from the kitchen, the Gallery (shop), the spa and housekeeping/maintenance whose names I’m afraid I did not get but who worked equally as hard to give us our “PIECE OF PARADISE”. Thank you to every one of you.

Pascal; thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to come and say hello.

Kindest regards from Julie Mackel and John Thumwood

Date of stay 15th to 22nd September 2013

Room Tip: We stayed in 108 a beachfront suite with private infinity pool and jet spa
4  Thank Julie M
Angsana Balacla... M, General Manager at Angsana Balaclava Mauritius, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2013

Dear Julie and John,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to leave such a lovely and heart-warming comment on Trip Advisor following you recent stay at the resort. We are glad that you chose Mauritius as your preferred destination and that your final decision was based on the personal responses that were sent to our valued guests.

I believe that it is important to make sure that every comment is read and answered back accordingly as they will only help improve our standards and make of Angsana Balaclava Mauritius even better. Every guest has its perception, story and idea they create during their stay and it is encouraging to know that we were to some, part of their happiness. I am truly delighted to read that your everyday wake up to the cerulean view of the Indian Ocean was ‘wonderful’.

Julie and John, it is with great pleasure that I read of your culinary experience. Our Balinese Chef Suardi and his team make it their duty to please every of our guests by creating new innovating dishes that will delight their taste buds and belly. At Angsana Balaclava Mauritius, guests are spoilt for choice with our exotic Asian fusion menus as well as international European cuisine, authentic Creole food or even our piquant Indian cuisine. I sincerely hope you were able to enjoy those various dishes.

As General Manager I am extremely proud and pleased that you were well received and that each and every associate made your stay enjoyable. Our team is extremely dedicated and always ready to make each guest stay special. Your gracious comments to all the team and particularly those that made your stay resemble a ‘piece of paradise’ has been passed on.

Once again I would like to thank you for your encouraging comments. It has been a real treat having you at Angsana Balaclava Mauritius and we hope to welcome you once again at the resort.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

My husband and I have just returned from the Angsana after spending a week there celebrating a belated honeymoon. We stayed there on a Half Board Basis. Overall we had a lovely holiday however, I thought it would be useful to provide an insight into the holiday for those who are potentially planning to visit….

The hotel itself is beautiful, it is a small boutique hotel which is exactly what we were after. The staff are very friendly and helpful. We splashed out on the beachfront suite and I have to say it exceeded our expectations. The room is large and luxurious and we fully appreciated the Jacuzzi and Pool (be aware they aren’t heated) and were a little chilly at this time of the year. our bathroom was amazing and we enjoyed bathing in the huge bath and using the sauna facility in our shower.

The room was located on the beach. The beach is nice but is a little rocky, so you have to navigate your way when in the water. It is still a lovely beach but I have experienced better.

The hotel offer water sports (this is included in the price) and includes water skiing, kayaking, sailing, pedalos, a glass bottom boat tour (lasts an hour). The hotel share the boats with the intercontinental hotel located nearby, so we found that the glass bottom boat tours and water-skiing sometimes weren’t available (presumably because they were being used elsewhere).

The hotel has two restaurants although only one is open in the evening. Breakfast is amazing there is an endless choice and the standard is excellent.We dined in the Sylea restaurant which is open during the day and apart from the pizzas and burgers (which were very good) the grills are a little disappointing. On the first day I had the prawns (which were tiny) and were frozen not fresh this was a really disappointment especially as they were over 1000 rupees. The chef claimed they were fresh and then came clean saying they had run out of fresh prawns. My husband had a mixed seafood grill and whilst it was fresh it was very small for the cost.

The restaurant in the evening (orzya) offers a three course a la carte menu with 4 choices per course most evenings. The food was very good and presented beautifully. I would however, love to see a second restaurant so diners have the option of an alternative menu/dining experience. I think the hotel would really benefit from this.
You can select alternative menus which are available in the oryza restaurant (you need to give 24hrs notice) but these are at an extra cost – I believe the starting price for these are 2300 rupees per person. These extras can add up especially when you have already paid for dinner to be included. The hotel seem to rely on supplements and extras which are all chargeable which is fine, however in my eyes they seemed a little costly.

The spa was beautiful having visited a couple of Angsana spas in the middle east we weren’t disappointed.

We did a catamaran day trip through the hotel. we paid 7000 rupees for the two of us. The trip was lovely (although the boat was a little overcrowded) but it included lunch and drinks.

Perhaps we paid more than the other guests in the hotel and as such we don’t feel we got such value for money. I don’t by any means want to be down on this hotel. The hotel is luxurious and we certainly had a lovely week just a couple of minor points to be shared 

2  Thank LondonLJH

Dear valued guest,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to leave a Trip Advisor comment following your stay at Angsana Balaclava Mauritius.

Nestled in the secluded area of Turtle Bay, Angsana Balaclava Mauritius with its 52 suites, offers a hideaway ideal for travellers looking for privacy and relaxation. We are thrilled to find that our Beachfront Suite exceeded your expectations. This suite is very popular amongst our guests as it offers an idyllic sea-view without having to leave your stone bath tub.

Chef Suardi and his team will be pleased to hear that they were able to satisfy your appetite and that you found the food very good and well presented. The team works hard at creating new dishes to satisfy every of our guests’ culinary preferences. Rest assured that your warm comments will be passed on.

I am glad that you were also able to experienced our Spa facilities and that you found it up to standard. Our therapists are formally trained by the Banyan Tree Spa academy and are dedicated in making sure our guests receive the full pampering session they fully deserve.

However we would like to apologize for the service you encountered during your stay. I would like to seize this opportunity to present my excuses for the disappointing standards.

We have taken notes of your comments and we thank you as they will truly help us monitor and improve further our Angsana services and facilities.

We trust you had a safe trip back to London and we look forward to your next stay at Angsana Balaclava Mauritius.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Many thanks to all the staff and in particular to Vanessa for organising our wedding day, the staff in the spar and Mayuree who all made it very special for us.

We have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to anyone who is looking for a piece of paradise in Mauritius.

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Angsana Balacla... M, General Manager at Angsana Balaclava Mauritius, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Dear Valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a Trip Advisor comment. It warms our heart to know that you had a ‘wonderful, romantic and quiet’ moment following your stay at our resort.

Most importantly congratulations, on your wonderful wedding. We are glad that you chose to share your joy with us at Angsana Balaclava Mauritius.

Our team is trained to be authentic, friendly, and gracious and to provide a service attitude that is above expectations. It is very encouraging to know that most of our staff went the extra mile to make your stay and most of all your Mauritian wedding an unforgettable one.

Once again we would like to thank you for your kind comments. Rest assured that they have been passed on to Vanessa and the whole team.

I trust you had a safe trip back home and that we will soon welcome you back at Angsana Balaclava Mauritius for another paradise experience.

Reviewed 18 September 2013

We booked Angsana for our honeymoon largely based on other trip advisor reviews. We are writing this review at the resort as it's our last day here.

Our stay from beginning to end has been an absolute delight! All the staff were the friendliest we have ever come across and were genuinely eager to ensure all of our needs were catered for. We originally booked the Spa Suite (which was exceptional) but unfortunately there was an issue with the air conditioning. We were swiftly offered an upgraded room (beachfront villa) and our luggage was promptly moved for us. The suite was even more luxurious than the Spa Suite and they ensured we had our privacy as we requested a top floor room.

We stayed a total of nine nights and spent a fair few of the days simply using the facilities at the resort. Both the room and the communal areas were well kept and extremely clean. The restaurant and Passion Grill offered an excellent variety of meals and the service was the best we've ever encountered (we've just been given complimentary drinks as we write this by the pool!)

My wife is an extremely fussy vegetarian who does not eat fish, cheese, coriander or ginger! The staff took this very seriously. Preetum (The Food and Beverage Manager) came to see us on a daily basis to design  a special menu for her. They were creative in their suggestions and they didn't make us feel as if this was any trouble. Curtis, the chef, is amazing! His cooking was delicious and he always took extra care in meeting my wife's culinary requirements. Curtis and Preetum would come over to our table to ensure we were happy with the food. We always looked forward to dinner and my wife, who is not easily impressed, was delighted with the variety of vegetarian food that was suggested. As a meat eater and lover of seafood, I found the food amazing and really recommend trying all the different local specialities. You will never get bored of the menu as it changes everyday.

We also had some spa treatments which were fantastic. The Spa staff are very welcoming and can tailor treatments to your needs.The jacuzzi is phenomenal. The pool is brilliant and great for relaxation.

The resort felt as if it was our own private paradise as you rarely see people in communal areas such as the pool or lunch areas. Privacy is a major plus point and perfect for honeymooners and couples who want to enjoy each others company.

The Reception staff, particularly Vinay, Kiran, Jessica and Oliver, were honest and helpful in arranging daily outings/sightseeing trips. They were always welcoming and very attentive to our needs and would go above and beyond to ensure our happiness. For example, I had a fair few mosquito bites (I failed to use repellant one night whilst having dinner outside) and Kiran made sure ice was sent to our room every night to help cool the itching. Mosquito coils were also provided for our extra protection, even though we failed to see any Mosquitos in our room.

We are sad to be leaving Angsana but as Kiran says, "all good things must come to an end".  We want to thank all the staff from Reception, Waiting Staff, Pool Attendants, Chefs, Room Service and Spa Staff. Particular thanks to Kiran, Vinay, Oliver, Preetum, Lekraj, Suciana, Alisha, Roobesh, Kovilen, Sharon, Mayuree, Ashvin, Dorasan, Curtis, Sharvin, Nikhil, Prateek and Renu. We wish we could name them all but unfortunately we could not get everyone's names.

We cannot recommend this place highly enough! Book now, you will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: For extra privacy, request a top floor suite
5  Thank Vishal S

Dear Vishal,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to leave such kind words on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at Angsana Balaclava Mauritius. It is with great pleasure that we read your ‘perfect honeymoon’ experience.

Nestled in the secluded area of Turtle Bay, Angsana Balaclava Mauritius with its 52 suites, offers a hideaway ideal for travellers looking for privacy and relaxation. We are thrilled to know that we were able to make of your honeymoon experience an unforgettable moment.

Being an exclusive intimate boutique resort, Angsana Balaclava places an emphasis on the attention to details and we strive to create a remarkable stay for our guests. We take all requirements very seriously and we were glad that your wife was able to enjoy her meals at the resort with having any constraints. Chef Curtis and his team find it interestingly challenging to create diverse dietary menus. It gives them the opportunity to innovate and create unique stimulating meals for our guests.

I am even more delighted that you were able to use our Spa facilities. The Jacuzzi is definitely worth the experience and it is with pleasure that I read your comments on this service and facility. Our spa therapists are trained to be authentic and friendly and provide tailor made treatments to soothe and relax your body, mind and soul. It is very encouraging to know that you found the spa treatments ‘Fantastic’.

Once again I would like to thank you for your kind comments to the team. Rest assured that they have been passed on to all those that have made your stay truly unique and memorable.

We trust you had a safe trip back to London and that the weather is treating you well. We look forward to your next stay at Angsana Balaclava Mauritius.

SAINT DENIS REUNION
Reviewed 11 September 2013

the suite with private swimming pool are great !

the SPA is exceptionnal for the services it offers and the therapists know their jobs.

the choice for the dishes during the dinner is quile large and always very good.
I stayed 5 days and had never had the sames dishes proposed.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
11  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Angsana Balacla... M, General Manager at Angsana Balaclava Mauritius, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

Dear Valued guest,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to write a Trip Advisor comment. We are immensely pleased to hear that you had ‘an exceptional moment’ following your stay at Angsana Balaclava Mauritius.

Being an exclusive intimate boutique resort, Angsana Balaclava places an emphasis on the attention to details and we strive to create a memorable stay for our guests. Your kind comments have been passed on to the spa department and the therapists that made your stay ‘exceptional’.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed Chef Suardi’s cuisine and was able to taste various culinary dishes during you stay. The team would like to thank you for your warm comments and will definitely make sure you explore several other dishes upon your next stay with us.

We trust you had a safe flight back home and look forward to welcoming you once again at Angsana Balaclava Mauritius or any of our resorts around the world.

Yours Sincerely,
Pascal Prigent

Also consider these accommodations in or near Balaclava
The Oberoi, Mauritius
Four Seasons Resort Mauritius at Anahita
Hilton Mauritius Resort & Spa
Hilton Mauritius Resort & Spa
#6 of 18 in Flic En Flac

Been to Angsana Balaclava Mauritius? Share your experiences!