5 Greats - now that's quite a feat !!!
Just had one of the most wonderful hotel stays in MRU and had to share it on TA.
Being regularly visitors to MRU/RUN, over the years we have had the pleasure of staying at different hotels - Ambre, Anahita, le Canonnier, Coco Beach, LUX, Le Meridien, Plantation, Les Pavilions, PLM Azur, Palm to name a few.
Normally they are all in the category 'You get exactly what it says on the packet' - but Angsana Balaclava has just upped the standard so much that I am impelled to write this review.
We were made to feel truly special during our whole stay - nothing was too much for the staff to accomplish during a wonderful few days.
The standards of the 'kitchen' (if I can use this simple connotation) was simply out of this world. All the dishes we had during our stay were gastronomically delicious and the presentation was similar to the TV 'MasterChef' programmes - Well done to all those invisibles behind the stoves !
Some of our group were also hearty eaters and provision was made for their appetites too - A BIG thank you to the F+B team headed by Nicolas & Pridam along with the waiters/tresses. They really took care of the guests and were so courteous at all times (a special mention for David here, even if his team MU lost on the night, he kept smiling....)
SPA, Front Desk/ Reception, Room cleanliness - I could go on and on about all the positives we felt in Angsana Balaclava ....
During our stay we had a few visitors and they were highly impressed with the luxury aspects of the resort, the suites with personal pools on the top floor overlooking the amenities could have come out of a glossy magazine.
I am not a regular contibutor the TA, but when I've had either a bad experience (see resto ULPIA by CYGGIE) or a great one, I will gladly compose a few lines in order that others are aware of the establishment. In this instance it is to PRAISE the hotel and staff for the exceptional service we had.
Sure, the beach isn't the best, the activities not as abundant as other hotels. And although the hotel is more geared to newly-weds, & couples, our mixed group of 8 appreciated being pampered and spoilt throughout our stay.In the end we felt as though we were leaving some good friends and we've felt remotely like that at any of the other 'corporate' hotels aforementioned.
And to cap it all, when the GM saw we were taking photos outside on our day of departure. He volunteered to take the photos for the whole group so that we could all be in it.
Gr8 service and Thanks again Mr Ilias V. for this personal touch - much appreciated ....
We will certainly be returning in the future and that's not something we say too often .....
Keep up the good work and see you soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the northwest coast of Mauritius, in the secluded area of Turtle Bay, Angsana Balaclava offers a hideaway ideal for travellers looking for privacy and relaxation. Angsana Balaclava is the island’s premier boutique resort – the latest 5-star resort on the Mauritian landscape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Destinology, Expedia, Ebookers, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Holiday Gems, Prestigia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelbag, Ctrip TA, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Angsana Balaclava Mauritius reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Angsana Balaclava Hotel Balaclava
- Angsana Balaclava Mauritius