Angsana Balaclava Mauritius
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Oberoi, Mauritius(Pointe Aux Piments)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
View Hotel
Victoria Beachcomber Resort & Spa(Pointe Aux Piments)
View Hotel
Le Meridien Ile Maurice(Pointe Aux Piments)
  • Breakfast included
Villas Mon Plaisir(Pointe Aux Piments)
  • Pool
View Hotel
Hotel Spice Garden(Pointe Aux Piments)
1,059 results
All reviewsprivate poolspa suitevitality poolsea water poolour honeymoonocean frontf bsorbethoney moonspa staffspecial thanksport louisbreakfast and dinnerreception teammemorable stayrestaurant staffsteam room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We stayed 2 nights at the resort, it was a dream come true. We loved everything about our stay. The view as you arrive at the reception is magnificent. I enjoyed the peaceful atmosphere of the resort. It is located in a quieter side of the island but is a short driving distance to Grand-Bay, Pereybere and Mont Choisy where you can find beautiful beaches, shopping and restaurants. The staff is polite and friendly. Great food and delicious desserts. Our room had a private swimming pool, I found the water to be a bit cool for my liking, but my son enjoyed it thoroughly. There are 2 other pools at the resort and we made good use of both. The bed was very big and soooo comfortable. A special thank you to the staff who played the piano while we were having breakfast, it was very relaxing.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank AMCK14
Angsana Balacla... M, General Manager at Angsana Balaclava Mauritius, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a Trip Advisor comment following your recent stay at Angsana Balaclava Mauritius.

Nestled in the secluded area of Turtle Bay, Angsana Balaclava Mauritius with its 52 suites, offers a hideaway ideal for travellers looking for privacy and relaxation. We are thrilled that you were able to unwind to a sense of calm and serenity surrounded by our lush garden and rustic architecture.

It is with great pride that we read of your comment. Your kind words comes and reward the hard work of our associates in making sure our guests have the full Angsana experience they fully deserve.

Our chefs are extremely pleased that your fully enjoyed the good food and ‘delicious desserts’. The whole team works hard at creating innovating dishes to please every of our guests and they are thrilled that you were able to experience it.

We trust you had a safe trip back to Sydney and that we will soon have the pleasure of welcoming your wonderful family again at Angsana Balaclava Mauritius.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

It meets the Banyan Tree / Angsana level of poshness. The restaurant staff is excellent and I was surprised when I ordered a mixed juice with Papaya included and the waitress warned me against it, since my wife was pregnant. I was totally impressed with the whole F & B team. 100% rating for them.
The goose feather quilts were awesome. So was the room size, aircon, toiletries, bathroom accessories and everything in the rooms.

I would have preferred brighter lights outside the rooms in the alleys and on the staircase,since there was hardly anyone in the resort and quite eerie after sunset.

A load of free activites available in the Boat House.

P.S. A special message to Kim at checkout. I expected a discount of 0.13 MUR on our total bill of MUR 813.33, when I gave you MUR 813.20 to finish my Mauritian coin collection. But your look scared me, when you found the money short by 0.13 and I ended with a truck load of coins in return of the MUR 1014 that was given.

Room Tip: Go for the Suites with Private pool, even though they are expensive than Garden facing rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Angsana Balacla... M, General Manager at Angsana Balaclava Mauritius, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear Valued guest,

Nestled in the secluded area of Turtle Bay, Angsana Balaclava Mauritius with its 52 suites, offers a hideaway ideal for travellers looking for privacy and relaxation. I am glad that you enjoyed the suite and the resort facilities.

Nicolas Lam, our Food and Beverage Manager is particularly proud that his team was able to assist you accordingly. Our team is trained to be authentic and to provide a service attitude that is above expectations.

Your warm comments have been passed on to all our associates that made your stay very special.

I sincerely hope that you had a safe trip back to India and that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back at Angsana Balaclava Mauritius very soon.

With my best regards,

Reviewed 8 May 2014

We spent 3 nights here and the place blew our minds. It's so pretty and the rooms are so exotic that we spent quite a lot of time indoors. Ocean view with a pool in your room is pretty exotic. The bathroom has a glass door and while in the bath you can see the wide expanse of blue sea and towering palms on the beach… it's simply marvelous!
The in room amenities are top notch and the service is warm. Special mention to all the staff at the Oryza restaurant- Renu, Preety and the others (I don't remember their names) for making us feel so special.
The property is located far away from the main access roads so it was a little scary traveling back late evening but if you plan your day well at set out for tourism there are beautiful beaches all along- Perebyre, Mon Choisy were amongst the prettiest we saw.
Even if you don't want to go out, you can simply lounge on the sun decks right outside your room and soak in the warm mauritian sun. It was a very special holiday indeed.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a Trip Advisor comment following your 3 night stay at Angsana Balaclava Mauritius. It is with great pleasure that we read of your positive comments regarding our resort and our associates.

Situated on a secluded cove on the northwest coast of Mauritius and nestled in the scenic Baie aux Tortues, Angsana Balaclava Mauriitus is a vivid illustration of an idyllic island gateway. Exquisitely and Elegantly designed to reflect all that is uniquely Mauritian. We are glad that you were able to experience our suites that comprise only of the choicest natural materials and feature thatched roofs, rustic stone walls, rattan walls coverings as well as marble and solid timber floorings.

Our team is dedicated and always ready to make each guest stay special. Your gracious comments have been passed on to Renu and Preety as well as the rest of the team who take great pride in what they do.

Moreover, your comments will serve as an added inspiration to consistently maintain the high standards you have experienced, and which are one of the trademarks of our brand.

I trust you had a safe trip back to India and that we will have the pleasure of your company very soon at Angsana Balaclava Mauritius.

Regards,

Reviewed 5 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel resort for one week. It was my first time at Angsana Balaclava. All good, hotel staff very friendly and supportive. Nice room with sea view and private swimming pool. Food and drinks of good quality and well served. The surrounding area is also interesting, Mont Choisy and Grand Baie. I wish I had more time to spend there.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Angsana.com
Angsana Balacla... M, General Manager at Angsana Balaclava Mauritius, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear Arnaldo,

Very Warm Greetings from Angsana Balaclava Mauritius.

It is with much pride that I read of your comment regarding the property and our associates.

Situated on the scenic northwest coast of Mauritius and nestled in Baie aux Tortues, Angsana Balaclava is the island’s premier 5 star luxury resort with conference facilities. Located only 15 minutes from Port Louis the capital and Grand Baie tourist village, it is ideal for your conference and business needs.

I am glad that you enjoyed the spacious suite and our services at the resort. Surrounded by tropical landscaping and lagoon pool views it definitely exudes a rustic charm. I trust that during your 1 week business stay you were able to make use of the various facilities that were made available to you to relax and to unwind.

Our associates are appreciative of your kind words and we all are looking forward to welcoming you back at Angsana Balaclava Mauritius in the future.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

hi there,i have been staying in this wonderful property for two nights with friends & family.i would said the staff was amazing with great service.The food in the restaurant was extremely delicious with different choice of dishes everyday.The barbecue buffet on the beach was great.A big thanks to Pritum & his team and also the kitchen team.Also the General Manager Mr Vamvakas who makes a wonderful job.Spa was very nice.
Will definitely recommend this fabulous hotel.Overall i would rate this hotel 10/10.
Will be back !!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Angsana Balacla... M, General Manager at Angsana Balaclava Mauritius, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear Yovana,

Warm Greetings from Angsana Balaclava Mauritius!

Our team is dedicated and always ready to make each guest stay very special. Your gracious comments have been passed to Preetum and the team who take great pride in what they do.

Moreover, your comments will serve as an added inspiration to consistently maintain the high standards you have experienced which are one of the trademarks of our brand.

We hope to welcome you back soon at Angsana Balaclava Mauritius.