“SWEET MEMORY”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Balaclava
Qingdao, China
“SWEET MEMORY”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We spent 5 nights in the hotel.The experience was soooo surprisingly wonderful ! The service and food is very satisfying and the staff all very friendly. I even love the smell of this hotel! We had a spa one day and it was refreshing and relaxing,worth a try!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Angsana Balacla... M, General Manager at Angsana Balaclava Mauritius, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a Trip Advisor comment following your recent stay at Angsana Balaclava Mauritius. It is with immense pleasure that we read of your wonderful comments regarding our property.

Nestled in the secluded area of Turtle Bay, Angsana Balaclava Mauritius with its 52 suites, offers a hideaway ideal for travellers looking for privacy and relaxation. I am glad that you enjoyed the suite and our resort. Surrounded by tropical landscaping and lagoon pool views it definitely exudes a rustic charm.

I am delighted to learn that during your short stay you were able to make some time to experience our spa facilities and its wide range of relaxing and rejuvenating treatments. Our spa team is dedicated in making sure our guests receive the appropriate tender loving care they fully deserve. Rest assured that your warm comments have been passed on to the whole team.

We sincerely hope to welcome you again at Angsana Balaclava Mauritius for another relaxing stay and ‘sweet memory’.

Ilias Vamvakas

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Vacoas, Africa
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed 3 nights at Angsana Balaclava and it was the best holiday we had. We just had a baby boy one month ago and also celebrating the birthday of my wife and our wedding anniversary and we decided to stay at Angsana Balaclava for a rest and for a change. I can say that it was the best decision we made. We were warmly welcomed by the Front Office and a big thanks to Olivier, Jessica, Emmanuel and Anushka. Not to forget Sumen and Kiran who assisted at night for all needs. The food is amazing and delicious. A special thanks to Chef Curtis and Laurent. Nicolas and Preetam were just too good. They were always ready to help and to assist. A special thanks to all F&B Staff for their warm welcome, politeness and service. My wife had a spa treatment and she experienced heaven in the hands of Geeta. The room was very big and nice and we had all the baby amenities that needed. Special thanks to Annelise and Domah for taking good care of our room. We highly recommend all of you to visit Angsana Balaclava for a wonderful stay. We've been to some other hotels in Mauritius but Angsana Balaclava is the best.

Big kisses to all of you from our baby.

From A & V Narain.

Room Tip: Beachfront Suite are the best.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Angsana.com

2 Thank Visham N
Angsana Balacla... M, General Manager at Angsana Balaclava Mauritius, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear Visham,

Warm Greetings from Angsana Balaclava Mauritius!

First of all we would like to congratulate you on having a wonderful baby boy- may he bring you joy and pride.
It is with great pride that I read of your heartwarming comments regarding the property and the personel that has made your stay ‘excellent’.

Situated on a secluded cove on the northwest coast of Mauritius and nestled in the scenic Baie aux Tortues, Angsana Balaclava Mauritius is a vivid illustration of an idyllic island getaway.
With breath-taking views of the Indian Ocean you’ll feel like on your own secluded island while listening to the whisper of the waves from your veranda. I am truly delighted that you chose our resort to get away from the busy lifestyle and to celebrate a special occasion.

You have certainly pleased Chef Curtis, Laurent and his team by complimenting their various dishes. They make it their duty to please every guest by providing them with a culinary adventure all through their stay.

I am especially thrilled to know that your wife enjoyed the massage by by our gifted therapist Geeta. Our Spa therapists are dedicated in making sure that our guests receive the relaxing experience they are looking for. It is with great pleasure that I hear that you had an excellent service. Rest assured that your warm comments will be passed on to Geeta and the team.

Our whole team and especially Olivier, Jessica, Emmanuel, Anushka, Sumen, Kiran, Curtis, Laurent, Nicolas, Preetum, Geeta, Annelise and Domah would like to sincerely thank you for the short stay you had at Angsana Balaclava Mauritius and we definitely look forward to a longer stay next time with your cute little baby boy.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Excellent Hotel. Service, Breakfast, Resturant,
Most of Beach activities are for free (SKI, snorkeling, padling ....etc)
Transportation is a bit expensive so either hire a car or agree with a taxi for transfer)

Room Tip: Not all Pools in rooms are private
Dear Valued Guest,

Warm Greetings from Angsana Balaclava Mauritius!

We are extremely pleased that you were able to experience our water sports activities while on holiday at our resort. We make it our duty to provide high quality service to all our guests. Your comments will serve as an added inspiration to consistently maintain the high standards you have experienced, and which are one of the trademarks of our Angsana brand.

I truly hope to see you again at Angsana Balaclava Mauritius in the future.
Beau Bassin - Rose Hill
Reviewed 24 May 2014

For me and my family, spend three days at the hotel, it was a true miracle were a password stays home, everything were perfect, the service is better, the reception were excellent, the workers were very nice to us, we liked or we were, we loved the atmosphere in the hotel were great, even the head are super friendly whatever the chef services or even cooks chef, even at the odds Spa masseuse are very nice, the dishes were delicious, as were the great desert even the morning breakfast for me I advise you to go spend stays along the same family or friends, you will regret it, I did my 19 years Angsana is a sa were wonderful, well done .. thank all the family Angsana hotel .. and I tell you very soon :) Gross BRaavoo to you :) <3 Beautiful success ... .!

Room Tip: All room are goods there...!!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Nestled in the secluded area of Turtle Bay, Angsana Balaclava Mauritius with its 52 suites, offers a hideaway ideal for a long family vacation away from the hustle and bustle of the city.
It is with great pleasure that I read of your contentment regarding the food and service. The team are thrilled to know that you found their dishes ‘amazing’ and that their professional service was appreciated and most of all noticed. We make it our duty to please all our guests by creating new innovating dishes that will delight their taste buds.

Training is one of our top priorities to help build and develop our associates.

I am even more delighted to read that you were able to experience our award winning spa. Your kind and heart-warming comments were passed on to the whole team.

We hope to welcome you back at Angsana Balaclava Mauritius very soon.

Regards,
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We stayed 2 nights at the resort, it was a dream come true. We loved everything about our stay. The view as you arrive at the reception is magnificent. I enjoyed the peaceful atmosphere of the resort. It is located in a quieter side of the island but is a short driving distance to Grand-Bay, Pereybere and Mont Choisy where you can find beautiful beaches, shopping and restaurants. The staff is polite and friendly. Great food and delicious desserts. Our room had a private swimming pool, I found the water to be a bit cool for my liking, but my son enjoyed it thoroughly. There are 2 other pools at the resort and we made good use of both. The bed was very big and soooo comfortable. A special thank you to the staff who played the piano while we were having breakfast, it was very relaxing.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank AMCK14
Angsana Balacla... M, General Manager at Angsana Balaclava Mauritius, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Nestled in the secluded area of Turtle Bay, Angsana Balaclava Mauritius with its 52 suites, offers a hideaway ideal for travellers looking for privacy and relaxation. We are thrilled that you were able to unwind to a sense of calm and serenity surrounded by our lush garden and rustic architecture.

It is with great pride that we read of your comment. Your kind words comes and reward the hard work of our associates in making sure our guests have the full Angsana experience they fully deserve.

Our chefs are extremely pleased that your fully enjoyed the good food and ‘delicious desserts’. The whole team works hard at creating innovating dishes to please every of our guests and they are thrilled that you were able to experience it.

We trust you had a safe trip back to Sydney and that we will soon have the pleasure of welcoming your wonderful family again at Angsana Balaclava Mauritius.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 9 May 2014

It meets the Banyan Tree / Angsana level of poshness. The restaurant staff is excellent and I was surprised when I ordered a mixed juice with Papaya included and the waitress warned me against it, since my wife was pregnant. I was totally impressed with the whole F & B team. 100% rating for them.
The goose feather quilts were awesome. So was the room size, aircon, toiletries, bathroom accessories and everything in the rooms.

I would have preferred brighter lights outside the rooms in the alleys and on the staircase,since there was hardly anyone in the resort and quite eerie after sunset.

A load of free activites available in the Boat House.

P.S. A special message to Kim at checkout. I expected a discount of 0.13 MUR on our total bill of MUR 813.33, when I gave you MUR 813.20 to finish my Mauritian coin collection. But your look scared me, when you found the money short by 0.13 and I ended with a truck load of coins in return of the MUR 1014 that was given.

Room Tip: Go for the Suites with Private pool, even though they are expensive than Garden facing rooms.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Angsana Balacla... M, General Manager at Angsana Balaclava Mauritius, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear Valued guest,

Nestled in the secluded area of Turtle Bay, Angsana Balaclava Mauritius with its 52 suites, offers a hideaway ideal for travellers looking for privacy and relaxation. I am glad that you enjoyed the suite and the resort facilities.

Nicolas Lam, our Food and Beverage Manager is particularly proud that his team was able to assist you accordingly. Our team is trained to be authentic and to provide a service attitude that is above expectations.

Your warm comments have been passed on to all our associates that made your stay very special.

I sincerely hope that you had a safe trip back to India and that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back at Angsana Balaclava Mauritius very soon.

With my best regards,
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We spent 3 nights here and the place blew our minds. It's so pretty and the rooms are so exotic that we spent quite a lot of time indoors. Ocean view with a pool in your room is pretty exotic. The bathroom has a glass door and while in the bath you can see the wide expanse of blue sea and towering palms on the beach… it's simply marvelous!
The in room amenities are top notch and the service is warm. Special mention to all the staff at the Oryza restaurant- Renu, Preety and the others (I don't remember their names) for making us feel so special.
The property is located far away from the main access roads so it was a little scary traveling back late evening but if you plan your day well at set out for tourism there are beautiful beaches all along- Perebyre, Mon Choisy were amongst the prettiest we saw.
Even if you don't want to go out, you can simply lounge on the sun decks right outside your room and soak in the warm mauritian sun. It was a very special holiday indeed.

Dear Valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a Trip Advisor comment following your 3 night stay at Angsana Balaclava Mauritius. It is with great pleasure that we read of your positive comments regarding our resort and our associates.

Situated on a secluded cove on the northwest coast of Mauritius and nestled in the scenic Baie aux Tortues, Angsana Balaclava Mauriitus is a vivid illustration of an idyllic island gateway. Exquisitely and Elegantly designed to reflect all that is uniquely Mauritian. We are glad that you were able to experience our suites that comprise only of the choicest natural materials and feature thatched roofs, rustic stone walls, rattan walls coverings as well as marble and solid timber floorings.

Our team is dedicated and always ready to make each guest stay special. Your gracious comments have been passed on to Renu and Preety as well as the rest of the team who take great pride in what they do.

Moreover, your comments will serve as an added inspiration to consistently maintain the high standards you have experienced, and which are one of the trademarks of our brand.

I trust you had a safe trip back to India and that we will have the pleasure of your company very soon at Angsana Balaclava Mauritius.

Regards,
Ilias Vamvakas
Also consider these accommodations in or near Balaclava
The Oberoi, Mauritius
Constance Le Prince Maurice
#1 of 2 in Pointe de Flacq
Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius
InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort

Been to Angsana Balaclava Mauritius? Share your experiences!