“Ultimate luxury romantic resort in paradise”

Angsana Balaclava Mauritius
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Balaclava
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Can you think of the most perfect place to be on vacation and Angsana, Balaclava is the place. No wonder, it won the 2014 world Luxury Spa Awards. It is a piece of heaven, what a beautiful, exclusive and luxury resort..

My husband and I s tayed at the front beach suite, the room itself is very spacious and the bathroom too, i fell in love with the stone bathtub, the suite exceeded my expectation, besides, it has a spacious terrace, own private pool and a tropical garden. As I opened the patio, I can see the beautiful oceanview and the white sandy beach, the paradise is there,

No words to express the high quality of service,

I love the full service spa and to us it is the spa of God, just wonderful, the treatments are excellent, I enjoyed the steam room, the turkish hamman, the sauna. the fully equipped gym and the yogas classes.

. Every morning when we went for breakfast at the Oryza restaurant, the courteous staff always greeted us with a big smile, attentive to our needs, especially chef Suardi,is it to your taste, he would ask politely?... Nicolas & Preetum,always checked on us to see if we are okay, and Suciana always remembered my favourite healthy juice,which is cucumber,apple, lemon,ginger &,mint. and my oatmeal with cardamon and cinammon...lol....we, sure, are missing them a lot, they are like family to us as we stayed 14 days there, enough to know them well. Not to forget the GM, Mr. Varvakas, always greeted us with a huge smile. ",Good morning, Mr. and Mrs. Andre. another day in paradise":)..and I answered..Paradise in paradise for sure.

Everything is first class,the food, the service, the furniture, beddings, and i was stunned by the beauty of the interior decor of my suite..lovely, lovely, lovely.

We stayed at St. Geran, Touessrock, la pirogue in the past, but Angsana is la creme de la creme, as i called it, the ultimate luxury romantic resort in paradise,personally, it is the top luxury designed well being retreat in the world. I strongly recommend Angsana if ever you plan to visit Mauritius..

Room Tip: Front beach suite has beautiful view of the ocean, easy access to the beach.peaceful and blissful.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Angsana Balacla... M, General Manager at Angsana Balaclava Mauritius, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear Valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a Trip Advisor comment following your recent stay at Angsana Balaclava Mauritius.

Reading your comment was definitely heart-warming and it comes and congratulates all the hard work that the Angsana Balaclava team puts in everyday to make sure all our guests have the full experience they deserve.

We are delighted to read that during your stay you were able to experience the various facilities on offer such as our award winning spa.

Being an exclusive intimate boutique resort, Angsana Balaclava places an emphasis on the attention to details and we strive to create a memorable stay for our guests. Your kind comments have been passed on to the spa department and the therapists that made your stay relaxing. Nicolas, Preetum, Suciana and the rest of the team were equally touched by your warm comments.

I trust you had a safe trip going home and we most certainly look forward to welcoming you back again at Angsana Balaclava Mauritius in the very near future.

There are newer reviews for Angsana Balaclava Mauritius

Reviewed 18 July 2014

This place is beautiful! The room that I was in had an amazing view of the beach. On top of that got to enjoy it on my balcony pool. The tub was an added plus as I finally got to relax in a hot bath and a book. The service was impeccable. Not only did the people bring our bags to and from the lobby, they helped load them in the car. Whenever we had a question or anything we wanted, after a phone call they'd be there in two minutes. Our room was tidied every day, very nicely and they even folded our clothes and placed them at the correct spots.

the food at the restaurant was delicious! With even complimentary appetizers and fresh fruit drinks. It looks like there was a wedding going at the resort around the time we were there but it didn't stop the service being awesome.

We also found a lot of new friends while playing beach volleyball on the beautiful beach. The salt water pool did wonders for my skin (though I didn't try out the fresh water pool). The swim up pool was quite handy ;).

I loved this place and I'd definitely go back! i'd recommend it to anyone and everyone.

the only thing I was sad about was not getting to the spa.

Room Tip: Get the highest room you can for the best view.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank m c
Angsana Balacla... M, General Manager at Angsana Balaclava Mauritius, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a Trip Advisor comment regarding your recent stay at Angsana Balaclava Mauritius.

Nestled in the secluded area of Turtle Bay, Angsana Balaclava Mauritius with its 52 suites, offers a hideaway ideal for travellers looking for privacy and relaxation. We are thrilled that you were able to unwind to a sense of calm and serenity surrounded by our lush garden and rustic architecture.

It is with great pride that we read of your comment. Your kind words comes and reward the hard work of our associates in making sure our guests have the full Angsana experience they fully deserve.

Chef Suardi and his team are extremely pleased that you were able to enjoy his culinary delights. This really made our day!

I trust you had a safe trip back to Canada. Our whole team would like to sincerely thank you for choosing to stay at Angsana Balaclava Mauritius and we definitely look forward to another ‘Ah-mazing stay’.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

My fiance and I had the opportunity to stay at this awesome resort for two evenings in early July. We had a honeymoon suite with our own pool. From the time we entered the premises we were taken care off by the staff. They even gave us a tour of their facilities. From getting a cab, to room service, these folks were amazing. The beach is a short distance away, and wherever we went on the resort, the staff were kind and courteous. We really enjoyed our stay here, and we would recommend it to everyone else!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cathy D

Dear Cathy,

Warm Greetings from Angsana Balaclava Mauritius.

Thank you for taking the time to leave a Trip Advisor comment following your honeymoon at our resort. It is always such a pleasure to read warm comments like yours.

Nestled in the secluded area of Turtle Bay, Angsana Balaclava Mauritius with its 52 suites, offers a hideaway ideal for travellers looking for privacy and relaxation. We are glad that your experience was ‘the best time ever’.

Our team takes great pride in knowing that you appreciated their hard work and especially their friendliness and professional standards. We make it our duty to provide high quality service to our guests. Your comments will serve as an added inspiration to consistently maintain the high standards you have experienced, and which are one of the trademarks of our brand.

Cathy, I sincerely hope that you and your fiancé had a safe trip back home and we look forward to seeing you again at Angsana Balaclava Mauritius in the future.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

This is an excellent luxury hotel at MU. And we spent our honeymoon here, the food, room, service everthing is wonderful! Thanks to Mr. Visham Narain and his colleagues! Nothing to complain but only we forgot a pair of pants.

Martin

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank godmartin
Angsana Balacla... M, General Manager at Angsana Balaclava Mauritius, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Warm greetings from Angsana Balaclava Mauritius.

Nestled in the secluded area of Turtle Bay, Angsana Balaclava Mauritius with its 52 suites, offers a hideaway ideal for travellers looking for privacy and relaxation. As a honeymoon couple we are thrilled to know that you found our well designed suites very nice and of very high quality standard.

Your warm comments have been passed on to the team and to Visham. We all are looking forward to embarking you and your family on another Angsana Balaclava adventure very soon.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Visited Angsana Balaclava in June and July 2014 and we were quiet amazed and had a wonderful experience and can say it is an upscale and relatively new resort. The rooms are spacious and tastefully appointed with extremely nice furnishings and decorations. I saw all the room categories and they all have good views of either the ocean with mountain range and Port Louis in the background or the garden. The rooms have different options such as private pool, Jacuzzi and steam bath. The facilities are well maintained and the gardens and the beach are well groomed and manicured. As we happened to be visiting in the winter season of Mauritius, the pool water at Angsana is not particularly warm in the morning and in the afternoon. We did most of the swimming during mid day. I got to point out that the winter of Mauritius is still very pleasant at the beach and pool. The GM also gave some good news once he heard my comments about "too cold to swim" and he suggested I stay another 2 weeks as the resort was in the process of installing the pool heater. I guess we will check this out on a future trip hopefully.

Service is excellent, very personalised and the managers and employees come out of their way to greet you whenever the opportunity arises. They all make you feel you are welcome in their resort and in Mauritius and they value our presence and business. Just to mention, I got the opportunity to meet the GM, the Managers ( F & B; Guest services etc) and the chef as well as the pastry chef and this is not something I have experience on the numerous trips I have taken in the Caribbean.

Food is worthy of a trendy and high end fine restaurants. Everything is fresh, delicately and perfectly cooked. The menu is varied from fish to meat and vegetarian as well as the style varies from local to European, French and to Asian and Asian fusion. Everything I have tried is mouth watering, without mentioning the nice and delicate deserts that are available every night. Breakfasts have not been a let down either. Day in, day out, I was able to feast on the fresh fruits, juices, miniature croissant, Danishes and the variety of egg styles, curry and purri, congee and noodles soon after I get up.

The award winning SPA is worth mentioning. My wife and I had a very good massage session and it is a unique experience "the Angsana way" with the whole atmosphere, treatment and surrounding to make you feel fresh and rejuvenated after. It is a must - don't forget to include this in your schedule and plan as the SPA works by appointment! Next to the SPA is a very decent GYM for the "want to keep fit" vacationers. We got the opportunity to try YOGA for first time and loved it.

To top it off the boat house is well equipped with equipment for snorkelling etc and we had the chance to do kayak, pedal boat, speed boat. We chartered a Catamaran and a speed boat to go towards the Coin de Mire island and this is wonderful one day experience and sea outing. As we had other friends joining us and we were a party of about 30 and we had a blast! I found out from the boat house staff that the resort will pretty soon be offering Catamaran dining and I am pretty sure this will be worthwhile experience also.

Nothing to complain and only good things to say and will go back without hesitation. Small but very comparable in many ways to the Four seasons Anahita which I got the chance to visit around the same time.

Room Tip: I found all rooms to be very adequate and all having nice views!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank 88michelc88
Angsana Balacla... M, General Manager at Angsana Balaclava Mauritius, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Michel,

Greetings from Angsana Balaclava Mauritius.

Thank you for taking the time to leave a Trip Advisor comment following your recent stay at our resort.

It is with great pride that I read of your comment regarding our property, associates and service. It truly warms our heart to read such kind comments all the way from Canada!

I am glad that you enjoyed your suite. Surrounded by tropical landscaping and lagoon pool views it definitely exudes a rustic charm and it is with great pleasure that I see you enjoyed it’s cosiness and great style.

I am happy to read that you made the most out of all the activities provided such as our Spa facilities. Our spa therapists are dedicated in making sure our guests receive the full essential pampering session they fully deserve. Rest assured that your warm comments have been passed on to the whole team.

Once again we would like to thank you for your gracious and encouraging comments. They will serve as an added inspiration to consistently maintain the high standards you have experienced, and which are one of the trademarks of our brand.

Michel we most certainly await your next visit at Angsana Balaclava Mauritius in the future.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Wow! No words can describe my experience at this magical resort! First off..the resort is absolutely breathtaking! I came here with family and couldn't have picked a better place to stay. I stayed in the deluxe pool suite which was luxuriously furnished. The deluxe pool suite comes with a private relaxation pool which connects to the luxurious bathroom. The bed was comfortable and quality of sleep was great. Rooms are clean and properly maintained. The Angsana staff are all very hospitable, friendly and welcoming and will ensure that your needs are properly met. Food was delicious, Chef Suardi and his team did an excellent job. If you like to be pampered than you definitely should use the spa services available. This resort has a beautiful whirlpool, sauna and steam room available... I highly recommend you book a spa package if you come to this resort...their massages are definitely worth it! Angsana Balaclava is a magical place and will fulfil your fantasy dream holiday. If you want to relax and unwind this place is perfect for you! I couldn't have asked for a better place to stay. I will definitely be back. A big thank you to the GM, Mr. Vamvakas who made our stay unforgettable!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Vanessa C

Dear Vanessa,

Very Warm Greetings from Angsana Balaclava Mauritius.

Reading your comment was definitely heart-warming and it comes and congratulates all the hard work that the Angsana Balaclava team puts in everyday to make sure our guests have the full experience they deserve.

We are delighted that during your stay you were able to experience the various facilities we have at the resort.

Being an exclusive intimate boutique resort, Angsana Balaclava places an emphasis on the attention to details and we strive to create a memorable stay for our guests. Your kind comments have been passed on to the spa department and the therapists that made your stay ‘unforgettable’.

Vanessa we most certainly look forward to welcoming you back again at Angsana Balaclava Mauritius in the very near future.

Best Wishes

Reviewed 11 July 2014

I stayed at the Imperial Villa from the 1st of july until july. The Villa is beautifully designed and the rooms are luxuriously furnished. The kitchen is fully equipped with full appliances. Opening the curtains of the first floor was like opening the windows onto paradise. The full floor to ceiling patio opens onto a fully furnished terrasse with also opens up onto a jaccuzzi pool and a large swimming pool on the edge of the beach. The bathrooms were also another notable featuring a steamroom in one of the showers, a large modern bathtub and walking closets. My stay in this villa was amazing and I highly reccommend it! The staff was extremely helpful and polite. The waiters remembered our usual orders in the morning, all staff was always welcoming. Chef Suardi and his team would personally greet us (and his food was exceptional) as well as the GM, Mr. Vamvakas who would tour the hotel in the morning to make sure everything was alright. The hotel also offers a wide variety of activites that are free of charge! I made sure to kayak each morning to enjoy the beautiful view. Exceptional hotel, wonderful staff!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank William Matthew Y

Dear William,

Warm Greetings from Angsana Balaclava Mauritius.

Situated on a secluded cove on the northwest coast of Mauritius and nestled in the scenic Baie aux Tortues, Angsana Balaclava Mauritius is a vivid illustration of an idyllic island getaway.

It is with immense pleasure that I read of your warm comments regarding your experience with us. The Imperial Villa was definitely a great choice as it overlooks the ocean and is enclosed by tropical gardens and a historical stone wall. The fully equipped two to four bedroom Imperial Pool villa with its three pools, three aqua jet pools, large private beachfront garden and generous living and dining area was ideal for your family getaway.

Chef Suardi and his team were delighted to have you and your family stay at our resort. The team works hard on creating new ideas and dishes each day to awaken our guests’ taste buds. It is very encouraging to know that you found our associates were friendly and professional.

William, rest assured that your warm comments have been passed on to all our associates that have made your stay exceptional and wonderful.
I sincerely hope that you had a safe trip back to Canada and we very much looking forward to seeing you and your wonderful family again at Angsana Balaclava Mauritius in the future.

Ilias Vamvakas

Also consider these accommodations in or near Balaclava
The Oberoi, Mauritius
Constance Prince Maurice
Constance Prince Maurice
#1 of 2 in Pointe de Flacq
Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius

Been to Angsana Balaclava Mauritius? Share your experiences!