I visited Mauritius with my Fiance in March 2011 and booked the Maritim after searching online for "the best hotel in Mauritius". I had read a few of the reviews about the hotel (I always start with the bad ones) after booking and was happy that we had picked a good hotel. When we arrived I can only describe a feeling of utter joy at the place. We were greeted at the entrance of the hotel, our bags taken away by the concierge (only to be seen again once we arrived in our room), we were given a welcome drink, a cold towel and asked to sit down in the reception area. there was no standing at reception to check in, the whole process set the tone for the most relaxing holiday ever...! Once we had checked in (our room was available at 1030hrs) we were escorted to our room, given a brief introduction and left to savour the environment (we had a privilege room which was definitely worth the small extra charge).
We had an all inclusive package which commenced at lunch on the day of arrival so we set off in search of somewhere to eat. As it turned out most days we ate lunch at La Maree (beach restaurant) which had a more than adequate AI lunch menu. Breakfast was taken every day at the Belle Vue (main AI restaurant) which had an excellent selection of produce and more food than I challenge anyone to eat. Dinner most evenings was a theme night at Belle Vue which again had great choice and good quality (probably good pub food level) food. We drank a bottle of wine each night which was included on the AI package. One evening (Thursday) we dined at La Maree for the 'fisherman's menu' - this was simply amazing. My fiance booked a table and we had candles laid out, service more akin to a top London restaurant than a holiday resort and a seafood platter to die for. All this while sat on the beach with a lightening storm out in the ocean - a truly memorable night (it has to be said that the waitress, Ishwaree made the evening with her service). We left a tip (not huge by UK standards) and for the rest of the week were treated like royalty (we had an ice bucket for sparkling water at lunch!). In terms of the facilities we used we water skied, sailed (Laser and Hobie), we snorkelled off the beach and boat, all of which were part of the AI package. We also paid for a riding lesson and a ride along the beach at 9am on horseback, this was less than £20 for an hour and absolutely worth every penny.
Overall the holiday was the most relaxing holiday we have ever had. As a rule we normally do not do beach or AI holidays and were a little sceptic, however this was better than we could ever have imagined, in 8 days we didn't even leave the hotel!
I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough. We are already planning a trip back in December!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sparkling sandy beach, tropical gardens and the crystal clear turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean... Live the essence of a great island escape!Immerse yourself in this luxurious five-star beach and spa resort gently nestled within a picturesque private estate along the protected marine park of Turtle Bay.Enjoy a prime location on the sunniest and sheltered Northwest coast of the island between the capital Port - Louis and the lively village of Grand Bay and indulge in the pure nature of the historical estate of 25 hectares awarded 'Most Beautiful Garden of Mauritius'. Be spoilt by world-class accommodation with 215 luxurious rooms and suites as well as an exclusive villa, all sea facing and elegantly designed ...ideal to embrace the tropical ambiance of the island. Savour endless culinary delights during your journey with an exceptional selection of five exquisite restaurants and three bars ranging from 'feet in the sand' beach restaurants to Asian fusion and the exclusive fine dining restaurant 'Chateau Mon Desir'.Pamper yourself in its 'Maritim Tropical Flower Spa', an oasis of wellbeing offering exclusive treatments and stunning facilities to relax and unwind.Those seeking for active holidays will benefit from an infinite range of land and water sports offered such as horse riding, golf, archery, water ski, diving and many more!Whenever you are looking for relaxing or active holidays, this 5-star luxury hotel, part of Maritim Hotels, will offer you an exceptional array of facilities and experiences combined with the highest standards of service delivered with genuine Mauritian hospitality. Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius ...your holidays... beyond paradise ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Expedia, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maritim Mauritius Balaclava
- Hotel Maritim Mauritius
- Maritim Hotel Mauritius
- Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius Balaclava