We stayed at Maritim in April 2011 with my family of four and boyfriend, it was our second stay, we had also been 8 years before hand.
It's hard to fault this resort, a beautiful hotel on a beautiful island, and so much to do. We have visited both the Maldives and Mauritius several times and LOVE the Indian Ocean, and have stayed at the best resorts on the island but this is by far one of the nicest!
Food is amazing, buffet style each night in the Belle Vue restaurant with the option to dine at La Maree, the beach restaurant, or the Chateau, the fine dining restaurant. One thing to note for men: trousers must be worn every night and proper shoes (not flip flops or sandals) are preferred, we did find this a little daft in a buffet restaurant on a tropical island as the ladies can literally walk in in a beach dress and won't have a problem, so men - take lots of pairs of trousers!
The beach is lovely, there is a lovely man who wanders along the beach every now and then offering you drinks and ice creams! Just what you need when it's hot hot hot! The reef at Maritim is not fantastic, unfortunately a lot of it has died over the years and snorkelling is nothing like the Maldives, however as long as you don't go expecting this you will be fine, there are still fish swimming around and further out into the sea there are some pretty corals. If you want to go on holiday for the sea-life though, definitely go for the Maldives.
The assistant GM, Antje, is fantastic - always so welcoming and so eager to please and make sure we had a wonderful stay, which we did. The staff are all lovely and if you strike up a rappor with a particular waiter in the restaurant they will make sure they look after you.
The rooms are very luxurious, prestige rooms with big bathrooms with a large bath that looks into the room, and the family villa is absolutely beautiful with your own private pool. If you are a family with children this room is absolutely ideal with a main living area between the two bedrooms.
There is so much to do in Mauritius, the island itself is very interesting with waterfalls, seven coloured earth and pampelmousse gardens so it's definitely worth doing a day trip. The Maritim has giant tortoises which are over 200 years old, you can stroke their necks (which they love) and feed them leaves. There is a big beautiful waterfall and the stunning old ruins which are all within the resort. The waterskiing is also included on all inclusive so you can go as many times as you like all day long!
If you are looking for understated luxury, all inclusive and friendliness this resort is fantastic for couples or families. I would definitely recommend it to anyone!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sparkling sandy beach, tropical gardens and the crystal clear turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean... Live the essence of a great island escape!Immerse yourself in this luxurious five-star beach and spa resort gently nestled within a picturesque private estate along the protected marine park of Turtle Bay.Enjoy a prime location on the sunniest and sheltered Northwest coast of the island between the capital Port - Louis and the lively village of Grand Bay and indulge in the pure nature of the historical estate of 25 hectares awarded 'Most Beautiful Garden of Mauritius'. Be spoilt by world-class accommodation with 215 luxurious rooms and suites as well as an exclusive villa, all sea facing and elegantly designed ...ideal to embrace the tropical ambiance of the island. Savour endless culinary delights during your journey with an exceptional selection of five exquisite restaurants and three bars ranging from 'feet in the sand' beach restaurants to Asian fusion and the exclusive fine dining restaurant 'Chateau Mon Desir'.Pamper yourself in its 'Maritim Tropical Flower Spa', an oasis of wellbeing offering exclusive treatments and stunning facilities to relax and unwind.Those seeking for active holidays will benefit from an infinite range of land and water sports offered such as horse riding, golf, archery, water ski, diving and many more!Whenever you are looking for relaxing or active holidays, this 5-star luxury hotel, part of Maritim Hotels, will offer you an exceptional array of facilities and experiences combined with the highest standards of service delivered with genuine Mauritian hospitality. Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius ...your holidays... beyond paradise ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Holiday Gems, Southall Travel, Agoda, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maritim Mauritius Balaclava
- Hotel Maritim Mauritius
- Maritim Hotel Mauritius
- Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius Balaclava