Just returned from a fantastic week at The Maritim...Have to say that it would be difficult to find a friendlier hotel of this size anywhere in the world...Everything is 5 star....Rooms are surperb and the whole complexe feels very private and relaxed. The main buffet restaurant always had a great selection and breakfast at the restaurant on the beech is the perfect way to start the day. The beech is lovely with plenty of sunbeds and waiter service for drinks which is great when you get so chilled out that it is a struggle to do anything!!! Would recommend taking beech shoes for the sea as it is quite shallow till you get past the reef and there are a few rocks to watch out for. The sea is not quite the same quality as the Maldives but still great. Definately recommend the all inclusive option as it pretty much includes everyhing apart from European Champagne!!!! Not many places where water skiing is in the fully inclusive package... The home made rum is an absolute must!!! We were frequent visitors to the Spa which is not to be missed!!! Overall I don't think we have been to an all inclusive hotel which has offered as much quality and value as the Maritim and would definately go back again.
Only other point i would make is that we flew direct from Heathrow to Maurituis with Air Mauritius...although it is good to fly direct I can't remember flying on an aircraft with so little leg room!!! For a 12 hour flight, leg room was a pain, food was poor and in flight entertainment, especially on the return was a real let down....I believe BA fly direct otherwise it can mean a stop over in Dubai for 3 to 5 hours...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sparkling sandy beach, tropical gardens and the crystal clear turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean... Live the essence of a great island escape!Immerse yourself in this luxurious five-star beach and spa resort gently nestled within a picturesque private estate along the protected marine park of Turtle Bay.Enjoy a prime location on the sunniest and sheltered Northwest coast of the island between the capital Port - Louis and the lively village of Grand Bay and indulge in the pure nature of the historical estate of 25 hectares awarded 'Most Beautiful Garden of Mauritius'. Be spoilt by world-class accommodation with 215 luxurious rooms and suites as well as an exclusive villa, all sea facing and elegantly designed ...ideal to embrace the tropical ambiance of the island. Savour endless culinary delights during your journey with an exceptional selection of five exquisite restaurants and three bars ranging from 'feet in the sand' beach restaurants to Asian fusion and the exclusive fine dining restaurant 'Chateau Mon Desir'.Pamper yourself in its 'Maritim Tropical Flower Spa', an oasis of wellbeing offering exclusive treatments and stunning facilities to relax and unwind.Those seeking for active holidays will benefit from an infinite range of land and water sports offered such as horse riding, golf, archery, water ski, diving and many more!Whenever you are looking for relaxing or active holidays, this 5-star luxury hotel, part of Maritim Hotels, will offer you an exceptional array of facilities and experiences combined with the highest standards of service delivered with genuine Mauritian hospitality. Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius ...your holidays... beyond paradise ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Holiday Gems, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Ebookers, Priceline, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Hotel.de, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maritim Mauritius Balaclava
- Hotel Maritim Mauritius
- Maritim Hotel Mauritius
- Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius Balaclava