The Maritim is absolutely stunning. Set in spacious grounds, there is variety of things to do from seeing the giant tortoises, walking in beautiful grounds with waterfalls and some ruins, as well as a beautiful sandy beach and the lovely blue ocean!
The staff are very friendly and helpful. ( they don't accept tips- but you can leave some in an envelope at the end of your stay!)
We went with Virgin holidays, however advice from hotel staff and renting a car via the hotel was much much cheaper. ( desk located upstairs above reception)
We hired a car and drove for 2 days, however when i left my parents hired a driver with the car. I would definitely advise this as road signs weren't great and although we managed to see most things we planned, it would have been easier with a driver. ( its only about 10 British pounds more with a driver for the day so well worth it).
There is a lot to do and see in Mauritius, but if you have just gone for a restful break, you do not need to leave the hotel.
Food- this is very good- best I have had when abroad ( and i travel a lot!) - breakfasts have a huge range of food from indian breakfasts, cereals, yoghurts, muesli,breads, cheeses and meats as well as eggs ( whichever way you want them!) , pancakes freshly made and waffles and french toast all made in front of you. Selection of juices as well as tea and coffee brought to your table.
Lunches are buffet style, or on the beach- again plenty of choice.
Dinner- there is the main buffet which has a theme every night as well as the beach restaurant and fine dining restaurant. All the food is great.
If you don't want lunch but feel peckish later there is a bar serving pancakes and pastries, tea, coffee etc from 4pm.
All inclusive is a good option as you get a range of drinks included ( including cocktails and fresh coconuts)
The hotel itself has spacious rooms, with tvs and a massive bed! hotel rooms cleaned to a very high standard daily.
Evening entertainment is good and varies every night- it is only 30 minutes so not too long and not boring. It varied over the 2 weeks so not repetitive.
Watersports were good, however it is not great for snorkeling so if that is what you are going for, you may be disappointed.
Staff were so helpful and polite and nothing was too much trouble for them.
In particular- the chef Mr Zakir in the main buffet restaurant was very very helpful as was Mr Ramjug and Chaaya ( i think thats her name!) Mr Deven remembered exactly how mum likes her tea every morning and this personalised service was outstanding. Mr Sanjay in reception is great for organizing your picnic lunches if you are out for the day but all staff were lovely- those are just a few of the names I remember.
The spa, jacuzzi etc are also a relaxing way to unwind at the end of a day out!
I never thought I would want to go back to Mauritius as I like to go to different countries but I would definitley go back to Mauritius to stay at the Maritim.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius is ideally situated on the sunniest and sheltered northwest of the island along the protected marine park of Turtle Bay. It covers an estate of 25 hectares and offers an exclusive array of experiences. The hotel, framed by a tropical garden, features 215 luxurious ocean facing rooms, suites and a Villa, free WiFi, 3 bars, 1 international buffet restaurant and 5 ‘à la carte’ restaurants, including one ‘feet in the sand’, an Asian fusion, a BBQ beach beer, Lakaz Kreol for an authentic Mauritian feel and the fine dining restaurant Château Mon Désir an exceptional colonial style mansion house overlooking historical vestiges of the 18th century. Well-being is taken care of by its multi-awarded Maritim Tropical Flower Spa offering exclusive treatments and stunning wellness facilities on 3,500 sqm. An infinite range of land and water sports are available free of charge including a 9-hole and an equestrian centre. Special care is taken of the little ones wit ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Holiday Gems, Booking.com, Southall Travel, LoveHolidays, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maritim Mauritius Balaclava
- Hotel Maritim Mauritius
- Maritim Hotel Mauritius
- Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius Balaclava