We stayed at this hotel in Jan 2013 for our wedding and honeymoon. It was just perfect! We booked through virgin as we also wanted to book our wedding. Everything about the resort was brilliant. The food at the buffet restaurant was ok. Enough variety but we only stayed a week so it might get repetitive after a while. Staff were very welcoming and nothing was too much trouble. Excursions are quite pricey but the lion walk and interaction with cubs well worth creating unforgettable once in a lifetime memories! We couldn't have asked for more on our wedding day. Although there was intermittent rain on the other days we had great weather on our wedding day. The beach gazebo was set up beautifully. In the evening we chose to have a "magic moment" dinner on the jeti which was so romantic and well worth the money. The beach restaurant La Maree has great food, especially if you choose the fish market which not everyone knows about. It's every evening and you can choose freshly caught fish, lobster, giant prawns etc. and then how it will be cooked. Delicious! The resort is massive! There's lots to do within the all inclusive package and you can also do parasailing at an extra charge. The only things we didn't love: the sand was very coarse, not at all smooth but that's no ones fault! Silly people Reserving sun beds by the pool ALL DAY but not actually being there and also, wedding photography could have been a lot better! We were asked to do the same poses in different places and it just got very repetitive. Other than that, if you're thinking of going to Mauritius, it's a beautiful place and would definitely recommend the Maritim! And as for virgin, I wouldn't bother booking a wedding with them. Poor service prior to departure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sparkling sandy beach, tropical gardens and the crystal clear turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean... Live the essence of a great island escape!Immerse yourself in this luxurious five-star beach and spa resort gently nestled within a picturesque private estate along the protected marine park of Turtle Bay.Enjoy a prime location on the sunniest and sheltered Northwest coast of the island between the capital Port - Louis and the lively village of Grand Bay and indulge in the pure nature of the historical estate of 25 hectares awarded 'Most Beautiful Garden of Mauritius'. Be spoilt by world-class accommodation with 215 luxurious rooms and suites as well as an exclusive villa, all sea facing and elegantly designed ...ideal to embrace the tropical ambiance of the island. Savour endless culinary delights during your journey with an exceptional selection of five exquisite restaurants and three bars ranging from 'feet in the sand' beach restaurants to Asian fusion and the exclusive fine dining restaurant 'Chateau Mon Desir'.Pamper yourself in its 'Maritim Tropical Flower Spa', an oasis of wellbeing offering exclusive treatments and stunning facilities to relax and unwind.Those seeking for active holidays will benefit from an infinite range of land and water sports offered such as horse riding, golf, archery, water ski, diving and many more!Whenever you are looking for relaxing or active holidays, this 5-star luxury hotel, part of Maritim Hotels, will offer you an exceptional array of facilities and experiences combined with the highest standards of service delivered with genuine Mauritian hospitality. Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius ...your holidays... beyond paradise ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelbag, Holiday Gems, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maritim Mauritius Balaclava
- Hotel Maritim Mauritius
- Maritim Hotel Mauritius
- Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius Balaclava