Sweeping up the drive through the hotel’s 25 hectares of stunning gardens we knew that this was going to be something special. No standing in a line at a reception desk, we were warmly greeted and ushered to a comfy sofa against a backdrop of the sea and palm trees. After inviting us to relax and enjoy an iced tea we were advised that we had been upgraded – no explanation, but gratefully received.
Every member of staff, whether cleaner, manager, gardener or pool attendant greeted us in such a special way by touching their heart with their right hand making eye contact, smiling followed by a slight bow of the head. It only took a moment but that moment always felt special. The world may be a better place if we all took that moment to notice and appreciate one another.
The weather forecasts had all been a bit grim – thunder, showers, a recent cyclone etc. The weather was perfect.
Wherever you went in the hotel it always felt peaceful – whether you were at the beach, in a restaurant or in a bar – you always felt you had lots of space – the place was designed to encourage you to relax and leave any cares behind you.
A favourite spot was the bar and restaurant on the beach, simple and beautiful and a perfect spot for a cocktail and to watch the ever changing, canvas of the sky at sunset. Need to book the restaurant.
Definitely take suitable footwear to wear in the sea.
Clarify on Day 1 what is included in your package. Literature said breakfast at La Maree was included if in a Prestige room but we had to pay a supplement (possibly because w were upgraded)' still worth it though
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sparkling sandy beach, tropical gardens and the crystal clear turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean... Live the essence of a great island escape!Immerse yourself in this luxurious five-star beach and spa resort gently nestled within a picturesque private estate along the protected marine park of Turtle Bay.Enjoy a prime location on the sunniest and sheltered Northwest coast of the island between the capital Port - Louis and the lively village of Grand Bay and indulge in the pure nature of the historical estate of 25 hectares awarded 'Most Beautiful Garden of Mauritius'. Be spoilt by world-class accommodation with 215 luxurious rooms and suites as well as an exclusive villa, all sea facing and elegantly designed ...ideal to embrace the tropical ambiance of the island. Savour endless culinary delights during your journey with an exceptional selection of five exquisite restaurants and three bars ranging from 'feet in the sand' beach restaurants to Asian fusion and the exclusive fine dining restaurant 'Chateau Mon Desir'.Pamper yourself in its 'Maritim Tropical Flower Spa', an oasis of wellbeing offering exclusive treatments and stunning facilities to relax and unwind.Those seeking for active holidays will benefit from an infinite range of land and water sports offered such as horse riding, golf, archery, water ski, diving and many more!Whenever you are looking for relaxing or active holidays, this 5-star luxury hotel, part of Maritim Hotels, will offer you an exceptional array of facilities and experiences combined with the highest standards of service delivered with genuine Mauritian hospitality. Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius ...your holidays... beyond paradise ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Holiday Gems, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Agoda, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maritim Mauritius Balaclava
- Hotel Maritim Mauritius
- Maritim Hotel Mauritius
- Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius Balaclava