We'd read the hotel's website, various reviews (some on here) and Virgin Holidays own description of the Maritim but none of it prepared us. Everything is so good: attention to detail, cleanliness, facilities, location, And the staff: genuine, friendly, helpful, nothing's too much trouble. I suspect that some people may find their informal manner uncomfortable but we found it refreshing and a true joy. We upgraded to the Prestige room which was very nice indeed and this added the opportunity to use the La Maree restaurant on the beach in addition to the buffet "all inclusive" restaurant. The "all inclusive" buffet restaurant was also excellent with a wide range of meal choices, mix'n'match to your hearts content and always changing so you never got bored. We also bought a meal passport on site which gave us use of all the a la cart restaurants and they were all superb - especially the Asian which I particularly loved. The free water sports were extensive but I have to admit I mostly watched from a distance whilst soaking up the rays and swimming in the crystal clear sea. We also used the Spa for a relaxing afternoon and got bent into shapes I didn't think were possible but came out refreshed and relaxed all ready for a quiet sit down in the bar overlooking the bay with a free G&T (all inclusive). I can recommend this hotel without reservation and we'll definitely be going back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sparkling sandy beach, tropical gardens and the crystal clear turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean... Live the essence of a great island escape!Immerse yourself in this luxurious five-star beach and spa resort gently nestled within a picturesque private estate along the protected marine park of Turtle Bay.Enjoy a prime location on the sunniest and sheltered Northwest coast of the island between the capital Port - Louis and the lively village of Grand Bay and indulge in the pure nature of the historical estate of 25 hectares awarded 'Most Beautiful Garden of Mauritius'. Be spoilt by world-class accommodation with 215 luxurious rooms and suites as well as an exclusive villa, all sea facing and elegantly designed ...ideal to embrace the tropical ambiance of the island. Savour endless culinary delights during your journey with an exceptional selection of five exquisite restaurants and three bars ranging from 'feet in the sand' beach restaurants to Asian fusion and the exclusive fine dining restaurant 'Chateau Mon Desir'.Pamper yourself in its 'Maritim Tropical Flower Spa', an oasis of wellbeing offering exclusive treatments and stunning facilities to relax and unwind.Those seeking for active holidays will benefit from an infinite range of land and water sports offered such as horse riding, golf, archery, water ski, diving and many more!Whenever you are looking for relaxing or active holidays, this 5-star luxury hotel, part of Maritim Hotels, will offer you an exceptional array of facilities and experiences combined with the highest standards of service delivered with genuine Mauritian hospitality. Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius ...your holidays... beyond paradise ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelUp, Holiday Gems, Agoda, Southall Travel, Travelbag, Odigeo and Destinology so you can book your Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maritim Mauritius Balaclava
- Hotel Maritim Mauritius
- Maritim Hotel Mauritius
- Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius Balaclava