We have just returned from our eighth holiday at the Maritim, Mauritius, so over the years we have got to know the hotel and staff very well. The subtle improvements to the already magnificent hotel and grounds have continued and the flowers and whole estate were just glorious and still winning prizes. As ever the staff in all departments were charming, courteous and efficient and we enjoyed exceptional service from so many people but especially from Ishwaree, Vidya, Deven, Kumar, and Ganesh in the restaurants and Dave and Jay on the beach! We had a beautiful suite which was kept to the usual immaculate standard throughout our stay and the weather was warm and sunny although being October we had 5 days of very strong winds and lots of flies for the other 7 - We also found the water temperature of the sea and pool rather cool compared to our usual Feb-May timing.
It was another holiday in paradise and I still most strongly recommend the Maritim for an outstandingly special holiday. However, this year there were a couple of niggles which we mentioned to the Management. Haje Thurau and Antje Tourneur are an excellent management team. In particular Antje is a very experienced and talented manager who listened to our comments very closely, evaluated the best way ahead and then took early action to resolve the problems. There are still 2 points which I think will need more consideration and hopefully action!
Firstly the Lasers and Hobiecats at the boathouse are all in a poor state and need much more than a refit to bring them up to standard - they need to be replaced! My second point concerns the emotive subject of the "All Inclusive" option. Over the years I have accepted that AI in Mauritius is a different concept to AI in 5 star hotels in Europe. However the Maritim has recently added 3 more restaurants making a total of 6, but unfortunately there is still just the one restaurant in the AI package. When you have paid a small fortune to holiday at the Maritim on an AI package it is very disappointing to have to pay a significant additional premium to visit any of the other restaurants. The gourmet pass seems to be just another commercially driven measure which needs to be carefully explained to Guests, preferably at the holiday booking stage. The Belle Vue Restaurant still produces excellent food in terms of quality, variety and presentation but it is particularly nice to experience the unique features of all the other restaurants. Incidentally we tried out the Banyan restaurant on two nights and the Asian Fusion cooking was exceptionally good - Likewise the Chateau Mon Desire was sublime!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sparkling sandy beach, tropical gardens and the crystal clear turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean... Live the essence of a great island escape!Immerse yourself in this luxurious five-star beach and spa resort gently nestled within a picturesque private estate along the protected marine park of Turtle Bay.Enjoy a prime location on the sunniest and sheltered Northwest coast of the island between the capital Port - Louis and the lively village of Grand Bay and indulge in the pure nature of the historical estate of 25 hectares awarded 'Most Beautiful Garden of Mauritius'. Be spoilt by world-class accommodation with 215 luxurious rooms and suites as well as an exclusive villa, all sea facing and elegantly designed ...ideal to embrace the tropical ambiance of the island. Savour endless culinary delights during your journey with an exceptional selection of five exquisite restaurants and three bars ranging from 'feet in the sand' beach restaurants to Asian fusion and the exclusive fine dining restaurant 'Chateau Mon Desir'.Pamper yourself in its 'Maritim Tropical Flower Spa', an oasis of wellbeing offering exclusive treatments and stunning facilities to relax and unwind.Those seeking for active holidays will benefit from an infinite range of land and water sports offered such as horse riding, golf, archery, water ski, diving and many more!Whenever you are looking for relaxing or active holidays, this 5-star luxury hotel, part of Maritim Hotels, will offer you an exceptional array of facilities and experiences combined with the highest standards of service delivered with genuine Mauritian hospitality. Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius ...your holidays... beyond paradise ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Holiday Gems, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travelbag, TravelUp, Agoda, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maritim Mauritius Balaclava
- Hotel Maritim Mauritius
- Maritim Hotel Mauritius
- Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius Balaclava