Went in November expecting to be treated that bit extra special as per brochure as it was our honeymoon, but apart from some flip flops, a meal in the chateau, and fizz which was free anyway, we were just standard guests. For the price, I'd go to Sri Lanka or Caribbean and upgrade your room yourself, airplane seats etc for same cost as going here.
Arwin, our room cleaner was amazing and deserved all the praise we could give him.
Spa is easily London prices and after a relaxing massage, you are then upsold spa products which is annoying.
The chateau was nice, but when we booked for afternoon tea, we were interrupted by corporate guests in coloured bibs on a scavenger hunt asking us about clues. Given that is our daily grind at home, it was an unwelcome interruption to our holiday.
Horse riding on the beach was special, and going to the races was fabulous, walking with lions a once in a lifetime experience, but these were excursions we paid for ourselves so not included with my review of the hotel.
In summary, what you'd expect from a 4 star hotel but not all restaurants all inclusive, not special enough for a honeymoon and slightly corporate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sparkling sandy beach, tropical gardens and the crystal clear turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean... Live the essence of a great island escape!Immerse yourself in this luxurious five-star beach and spa resort gently nestled within a picturesque private estate along the protected marine park of Turtle Bay.Enjoy a prime location on the sunniest and sheltered Northwest coast of the island between the capital Port - Louis and the lively village of Grand Bay and indulge in the pure nature of the historical estate of 25 hectares awarded 'Most Beautiful Garden of Mauritius'. Be spoilt by world-class accommodation with 215 luxurious rooms and suites as well as an exclusive villa, all sea facing and elegantly designed ...ideal to embrace the tropical ambiance of the island. Savour endless culinary delights during your journey with an exceptional selection of five exquisite restaurants and three bars ranging from 'feet in the sand' beach restaurants to Asian fusion and the exclusive fine dining restaurant 'Chateau Mon Desir'.Pamper yourself in its 'Maritim Tropical Flower Spa', an oasis of wellbeing offering exclusive treatments and stunning facilities to relax and unwind.Those seeking for active holidays will benefit from an infinite range of land and water sports offered such as horse riding, golf, archery, water ski, diving and many more!Whenever you are looking for relaxing or active holidays, this 5-star luxury hotel, part of Maritim Hotels, will offer you an exceptional array of facilities and experiences combined with the highest standards of service delivered with genuine Mauritian hospitality. Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius ...your holidays... beyond paradise ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Holiday Gems, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Ebookers, Travelbag, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HRS so you can book your Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maritim Mauritius Balaclava
- Hotel Maritim Mauritius
- Maritim Hotel Mauritius
- Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius Balaclava