From the moment we decided on this hotel, the staff were nothing but brilliant: even responding to emails very quickly and politely. Our standard room was upgraded when we arrived and it was lovely with a gorgeous soak in tub with bamboo screens. You do spend time in your room (afternoon naps during the thunderstorms) so it's nice to have somewhere pleasant to be. We arrived late in the evening and were quite hungry after a long flight, but all the restaurants were closed. However, when our hostess took us to our room, she was followed by two staff members carrying trays of food for us - just because she overheard that we were hungry! Now it's those little touches that will bring you back.
I'm not a buffet type of person (just find all buffet food a bit bland and I don't like crowds) but the breakfast was fine with fruit, eggs any way you like and variables like pancakes etc. We had the all inclusive package (the only way to go especially if you drink) and our favourite restaurant was La Maree, the beach restaurant, which you should book as soon as you get there. We discovered too late that if there are weddings or functions on the beach, they close the restaurant. I think this is totally unfair since we are paying guests at the hotel, but I do understand that hotels make money from functions. We couldn't get into it for 4 nights in a row because of functions on the Fri & Sat nites and fully booked the other 2 nites etc. Maybe they need to build a function room at the other end of the hotel? We ate at The Banyan twice and it was good. Both managers at these two restaurants were outstanding and deserve special mention. I've never seen anyone work as hard as the manager of La Maree! He was great. We did not go to Chateau mon Desir as everything looked unbelievably expensive. Sports: the snorkelling was fun but most days the water was a bit murky, the waterskiing was good fun too. Paid extra to do the parasailing - it was something I'd never done before so was thrilled at the chance. Not too $$. There are two pools which flow into each other with a pool bar and rim flow. No staff at the pool bar so no-one went there. Could have been fun though if you had a crowd. Plenty of loungers - if we couldn't find any at the pool we'd wander down to the beach and there were lots there, and cooler by the sea. People did tend to leave their towels on the loungers but no real issues - we always found a spot.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a relaxing break. The staff are all very friendly and seem genuinely willing to help. The guest manager always stopped and chatted to us and asked if he could make a reservation for us, and he did - right there and then. Nothing was too much trouble.
Thanks so much to everyone at the Maritim! :-) Oh by the way - the spa was very tranquil and lovely.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sparkling sandy beach, tropical gardens and the crystal clear turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean... Live the essence of a great island escape!Immerse yourself in this luxurious five-star beach and spa resort gently nestled within a picturesque private estate along the protected marine park of Turtle Bay.Enjoy a prime location on the sunniest and sheltered Northwest coast of the island between the capital Port - Louis and the lively village of Grand Bay and indulge in the pure nature of the historical estate of 25 hectares awarded 'Most Beautiful Garden of Mauritius'. Be spoilt by world-class accommodation with 215 luxurious rooms and suites as well as an exclusive villa, all sea facing and elegantly designed ...ideal to embrace the tropical ambiance of the island. Savour endless culinary delights during your journey with an exceptional selection of five exquisite restaurants and three bars ranging from 'feet in the sand' beach restaurants to Asian fusion and the exclusive fine dining restaurant 'Chateau Mon Desir'.Pamper yourself in its 'Maritim Tropical Flower Spa', an oasis of wellbeing offering exclusive treatments and stunning facilities to relax and unwind.Those seeking for active holidays will benefit from an infinite range of land and water sports offered such as horse riding, golf, archery, water ski, diving and many more!Whenever you are looking for relaxing or active holidays, this 5-star luxury hotel, part of Maritim Hotels, will offer you an exceptional array of facilities and experiences combined with the highest standards of service delivered with genuine Mauritian hospitality. Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius ...your holidays... beyond paradise ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Expedia, Southall Travel, Agoda, Booking.com, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maritim Mauritius Balaclava
- Hotel Maritim Mauritius
- Maritim Hotel Mauritius
- Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius Balaclava