We stayed here for our honeymoon - 5 nights.
We reached at 1 pm or so.. We were told our rooms would be ready by 3pm and that was OK. The waiting lounge is good and dint mind spending a couple of hors there.
However, I got my "correct" room at 4:45 pm. i was pretty calm and only walked up to reception at 3:30 to check why my room wasnt ready yet. The staff was pretty rude and to the point - "your room is not ready, please wait" - Hello, I havent seen such executives talking to customers in a luxury resort as if they are doing me a favor !!
I am a very patient person and decided to let them come to me and wait in the lounge.
There were no apologies, nothing. I finally got my room at 4:20 pm - and you know what, they gave me a basic room. I had booked a prestige room(higher category). I was frustrated and that moment I decided that even if I am floored by the resort and staff in the next 5 days. I am not coming back. You cant start someones vacation who travels across the world(I took a 26 hr flight from US) to come here like this.
Finally they agreed their mistake after 10 mins and me standing at the reception. And then got into my room at 4:45.
Tip : you need your best people at the reception - thats where the experience begins sir !!
The room was fantastic. Really well done up.
Nice pool and bar area. Bob especially from the bar was very helpful and went out of his way to make us comfortable.
The pool area and the sun beds are few with staff around a bit rude in general. THe towel system is really a problem. Most of the resorts I have stayed at, you get multiple towels with staff running to get you one. Here they give a card/paper for towel. So you carry it when you want a towel !! Luxury at its best !
Also, the staff managing the water sports keeps chit chatting amongst themselves and also noticed them pointing and laughing at some guests too. The water ski person refused stating that it is lunch time and come later very rudely. Pretty intimidating.
The bufffet restaurant(forget the name) is very crowded and staff OK. They just take away your plate if you arent there for 5 mins. Happened twice. Food was good most of the days with good variety.
The breakfast at the restaurant on the beach is excellent and great staff there. Thats service.
Nice SPA. But again, the staff !!
I really thought of checking out and spending the remaining 3 days somewhere else. My wife stopped me and she dint want to pack unpack again.
Mauritius is a very nice place ! I would rather stay somewhere else where I feel the resort takes care of their customers and pampers them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sparkling sandy beach, tropical gardens and the crystal clear turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean... Live the essence of a great island escape!Immerse yourself in this luxurious five-star beach and spa resort gently nestled within a picturesque private estate along the protected marine park of Turtle Bay.Enjoy a prime location on the sunniest and sheltered Northwest coast of the island between the capital Port - Louis and the lively village of Grand Bay and indulge in the pure nature of the historical estate of 25 hectares awarded 'Most Beautiful Garden of Mauritius'. Be spoilt by world-class accommodation with 215 luxurious rooms and suites as well as an exclusive villa, all sea facing and elegantly designed ...ideal to embrace the tropical ambiance of the island. Savour endless culinary delights during your journey with an exceptional selection of five exquisite restaurants and three bars ranging from 'feet in the sand' beach restaurants to Asian fusion and the exclusive fine dining restaurant 'Chateau Mon Desir'.Pamper yourself in its 'Maritim Tropical Flower Spa', an oasis of wellbeing offering exclusive treatments and stunning facilities to relax and unwind.Those seeking for active holidays will benefit from an infinite range of land and water sports offered such as horse riding, golf, archery, water ski, diving and many more!Whenever you are looking for relaxing or active holidays, this 5-star luxury hotel, part of Maritim Hotels, will offer you an exceptional array of facilities and experiences combined with the highest standards of service delivered with genuine Mauritian hospitality. Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius ...your holidays... beyond paradise ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Destinology, Holiday Gems, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelbag, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maritim Mauritius Balaclava
- Hotel Maritim Mauritius
- Maritim Hotel Mauritius
- Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius Balaclava