US$664
Sea View Villas(Balaclava)
US$117
US$173
bedfinder
The Oberoi, Mauritius(Pointe Aux Piments)
US$1,045
US$595
Hotels.com
Victoria Beachcomber Resort & Spa(Pointe Aux Piments)
US$400
US$256
Official Site
Le Meridien Ile Maurice(Pointe Aux Piments)
US$293
US$226
  • Breakfast included
3,787 results
All reviewsprestige roomhorse ridingquarter deck barbelle vuechateau mon desirla maree restaurantvip beachall inclusive packagequarterdeck barmini golfgiant tortoisesgourmet passdeparture loungebeach restaurantmon desirele banyanbeach service
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Despite arriving in the middle of a cat3 hurricane warning this hotel is paradise, fabulous food and very well appointed rooms. Great pools but would say it would be great if there was an adults only pool as when half-term struck you are bombarded by beach balls and floating toys !! But very small point in the otherwise fantastic hotel. Particular thanks to Barlan and the "deck" crew for great service and fab pina colada with extra rum !!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
6  Thank WickersKent
Haje T, General Manager at Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings from MARITIM Hotel Mauritius!
I would like to thank you for taking the time to review the Maritim Estate and sharing your views with other travellers on Trip Advisor.

The entire team is glad that you enjoyed your stay and it met your expectations. We have taken good note of your valuable comments as these will truly help us to monitor and improve our services and facilities even further.

Thank you once again for your review and all of us hope to see you back for a yet another holiday with us in the near future.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

We were impressed by the facilities and the service at the Maritim.

On arrival I was offered the chance to upgrade to a full suite for an additional £30 per night and was very glad I did. Our rooms were beautifully furnished, with bedroom, sitting room, two bathrooms and a large, nicely furnished, balcony. Best off all the A/C was near silent and worked really well, with separate controls for bedroom and sitting room. Housekeeping was excellent.

We were on the all inclusive package and felt that it worked well. Food in the Belle Vue buffet was always included and we found it very good, particularly the Mauritian options. Our upgrade also included breakfast on the beach at La Maree, which was excellent, we breakfasted there most mornings, but breakfast in Belle Vue was very good.

There was a supplement payable to take lunch or dinner at any of the other restaurants. My thoughts were:
Banyan ~ Asian fusion, wouldn’t survive as a backstreet Chinese takeaway in UK, don’t bother.
La Maree ~ Steaks and Fish restaurant on the beach, absolutely first class. We dinned there twice and had two fabulous dinners. Steak is apparently imported from Australia and was very good. The supplement was very reasonable for the quality.
Les Filalos ~ Bier Keller, OK, nothing special.
Chateau Mon Desir ~ Top end dining with two Michelin stars. As good as one would expect anywhere in the world and almost shockingly good for somewhere so out of the way. A wonderful place to celebrate an anniversary or special birthday. But such quality has to come at a price and its not the place to dine if you have one eye on the bottom line!

The customer service team really looked after us and nothing was too much trouble for them. The gardens and the beaches were all beautifully looked after and I loved the pool, which was always very clean and thankfully didn’t stink of chlorine.

Bottom line we enjoyed our stay enormously. Would we stay again if we returned to Mauritius? Definitely.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank pirate859

Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for having chosen the MARITIM Hotel Mauritius for your recent holidays and also for your warm feedback.

We are simply delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that we have met and exceeded your expectations!

Reviewed 4 March 2014

I have let ten weeks go by before writing my review to see how I would feel after a good time away from the Maritim. I have to say that I think about the time I had there pretty much every day, and can barely recall anything negative to say about it. I have split my review into various helpful (I hope) sections.

Check-in: The number of negative comments about this is beyond me. Check-in is 3pm. If your plane is arriving early, you have the waiting room to change, shower and leave cases. I'm not sure what more you want? How would you feel if you were asked to check out 3 hours early to cater for someone just arriving? Aggrieved is how. The times are the times and you know them (or should do) before booking and arriving.

Rooms: I was in an upgraded room which had a private balcony, huge king-size bed, lovely bath and shower and a private balcony. Room 111. I was a little disappointed that I didn't have the bath in the middle of the room, as this was seen on most of the pictures, but that is a minor criticism. Room service was excellent and contrary to other reviews I read, the honesty of staff is beyond reproach. I mistakenly left my safe open one day and the detailed process which the staff went through to ensure everything was there was beyond my wildest expectations.

Facilities: The beach and pool are excellent, with the pool being my favourite. I went to the pool at 7 each morning to swim before people came down. This was the best thing for me as it is not a pool for swimmers given depth, size and shape, but it worked for me. I then could relax and dry off before heading to breakfast. This gave me a chance to watch the sunbed policy in action. Mostly people didn't abuse it and were only ever gone for less than one hour. I did hear many people grumble about not getting sun beds, but only two couples did I really see taking the Mickey. One seemed quite friendly with the staff, the others left towels at 7am and didn't turn up till 2pm! Couldn't understand why their towels weren't removed. Ideally a bigger pool, or a second one, with more sun beds, would keep everyone happy.

Sports: my knees stopped me trying waterskiing but I did go kayaking a few times and enjoyed this. Most people who tried the other sports had nothing but positive comments to make.

Bars: service in the swimming pool area was first rate. Soft drinks, water, beer, etc were all regularly brought to the bed, often with just a lifting of a finger, sometimes without even ordering. This contrasted the patchy service in the bars. It seemed that when a private function was on, the bars got the inexperienced staff and it showed. 20 minutes wait on occasion for a pre-dinner drink, which was unacceptable.

Food: breakfast at La Maree was a sheer delight and the staff there were by far the cheeriest and best I encountered. Choice was wide, and delicious without fail. Lunch there was also a delight which I sampled a few times each week. The self-service restaurant, much maligned here at times, was also excellent. Some of the people who want a different meal every day should take a look at what they eat at home. I would suggest that over three weeks they also repeat meals. Quality and quantity was outstanding. I did not sample any of the additional paying options as being on my own, I didn't see the point. Those who did were very complimentary.

Solo travellers:
I found it difficult to settle initially as there were a lot of couples, some getting married, some on honeymoon, and I didn't want to intrude, but as time went on I did and managed to become very chatty with several couples. At no time did I really feel that I had come to the wrong place as a sol traveller. I wanted to relax in luxurious surroundings, and did just that. Thanks to those who did spend time chatting with me, if you read this, it was much appreciated.

Overall:
Excellent and damn near perfect. A wonderful 19 days and somewhere I would happily go back to with my girlfriend who I met just before going! To say it was weird being there and communicating by FaceTime through the excellent wireless in the rooms in an understatement.

Thanks to all the staff for a wonderful three weeks.
Mark

Room Tip: Contact the hotel with any requirements before you travel and see what they can do.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
13  Thank MJB1972
Haje T, General Manager at Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings from MARITIM Hotel Mauritius!

The entire team is glad that you enjoyed your stay and it met your expectations.! We have taken good note of your valuable comments as these will truly help us to monitor and improve our services and facilities even further.

Thank you once again for your review and all of us hope to see you back for a yet another holiday with us in the near future!

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Spent 2 weeks at Maritim hotel 11th - 26th Feb 2014 arrived tired after long flight at 8 am told rooms would be a couple of hours offered lounge to refresh ourselves and had breakfast at La Maree' restaurant, unfortunately did not get room until 2.30pm although Virgin advised all Virgin customers would get room by 12.00 noon?.
Hotel rooms , food ,grounds and staff excellent everything clean & well maintained although had a few housekeeping problems 2nd week towels not replaced & no toilet rolls left on 3 occasions had to chase.
Couple of observations that could be improved guests were taking lunch in Belle Vue restaurant sitting in wet bathing attire most hotels have signs requesting no wet clothing beyond this point.
Also there are dress codes for restaurant & bar areas but some guests were displaying hairy bare torso in the Quarter deck Bar not a pleasant site when you are drinking and eating. you do not expect this in a 5* hotel.
Apart from these minor issues the hotel was excellent in every respect advise you take the Prestige rooms this opens up the other Restaurant choices to you and the La Maree offers an ideal location to have breakfast but being a Brit they cannot make a decent pot of tea water not boiling and served first so becomes cool before food is served my only complaint on catering .
Apart from this we can thoroughly recommend Maritim .
P S make sure you take enough toiletries cost us £16 for small hair lacquer in spa be warned

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank malbbristol

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your entry on Trip Advisor.
I would like to thank you for taking the time to review the Maritim Estate and sharing your views with other travellers on Trip Advisor!

The entire team is glad that you consider the Maritim like a 'Top Hotel' and you have enjoyed your stay and it met your expectations. We have taken good note of your valuable comments as these will truly help us to monitor and improve our services and facilities even further.

Thank you once again for your review and all of us hope to see you back on the MARITIM estate for a yet another holiday with us in the near future.

Yours faithfully

Reviewed 4 March 2014

We arrived after a long flight and were greeted by a german management member, she was very nice but I did have trouble understanding her accent. We had access to the early/late departure lounge, a very good idea.
The breakfast was excellent, beautiful bread, lunch okay but we had trouble in the evening. Long trousers are required for men, 30+ degrees, we had no prior knowledge as neither our booking site or their website specified this, infact their own website says casual! Dress code on the board was no t-shirts(loads visible), no jeans(yep loads visible), no bemudas, but said nothing about shorts. Management insisted on long trousers, it is a 5* hotel apparently and they have standards to keep up (what makes a 5* hotel)!
Also their 4 other restaurants are upgrade only with an allowance towards the meal which we also knew nothing about - £10 for a g and t at the chateau. Part of the beach is also going to become a privileged area for upgraded clients.
We picked this hotel for the diving, it is in a marine national park, however all beaches on Mauritius are public and there were many fisherman with nets daily in the shallows, so for snorkelling and diving it is no where near what it should be.
That said it is a beautiful island, the people are lovely, just do some research, we have stayed at some great hotels, this was lovely, not great, the rooms are good, food average on the whole(lots of fruit flies which we complained about), they needed some fans in the bar.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank brittsyank

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your entry on Trip Advisor.

We are grateful to you for taking the time to pass on your much appreciated comments concerning your stay at MARITIM Hotel Mauritius.

I am glad to read that you cosier the MARITIM as a lovely hotel and you have enjoyed the facilities of the resort, your room and in particular our breakfast.

I have the regret to hear on another hand that you did not received the complete information about the evening dress code of our restaurants. Rest assured that we have taken good note of all your valuable comments as these will truly help us to monitor and improve our services and facilities even further.

I trust you had a pleasant and safe journey home and look forward to welcoming you back again to MARITIM Hotel Mauritius.

Yours sincerely,