We have travelled to many places and stayed in lots of all inclusive hotels, this one has to be amongst our top 3. From the minute we arrived we were made to feel really welcome and valued. we arrived early (about 9.30 am) but only had to wait about 20 minutes until we were taken to our room.
We ate at the Belle Vue and La Maree, we thought about upgrading to the gourmet package but decided against it and just thought we would pay the extra as we went along if we wanted to, we were so glad we did as I dont think it would have been worth it.Both the Belle Vue and La Maree were excellent - La Maree being our favourite, we had lunch there every day and breakfast a couple of times, we never got bored with it as the menu changed every day. The all inclusive drinks were excellent, we are wine drinkers and found the South African wine served was always great (the only minor point was that the wine could have been a bit colder),
Service throughout the hotel was excellent all the time, all the staff were first class - there are far too many to mention but I would like to thank Raskesh and Rakes in particular, they really made our stay extra special.
I had a couple of spa treatments which were lovely and quite reasonably priced, some hotels really overcharge for this so I was quite surprised, the facilities there were wonderful
We dont often return to the same place twice as we like to try new places but I think we will definitely go back here, we have already recommended to some friends who are also looking to book now.
Overall - excellent, dont listen to any of the negative comments, I really cant understand how anybody could find fault with this hotel. I would definitely recommend the all inclusive option as I think it would work out very expensive without it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sparkling sandy beach, tropical gardens and the crystal clear turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean... Live the essence of a great island escape!Immerse yourself in this luxurious five-star beach and spa resort gently nestled within a picturesque private estate along the protected marine park of Turtle Bay.Enjoy a prime location on the sunniest and sheltered Northwest coast of the island between the capital Port - Louis and the lively village of Grand Bay and indulge in the pure nature of the historical estate of 25 hectares awarded 'Most Beautiful Garden of Mauritius'. Be spoilt by world-class accommodation with 215 luxurious rooms and suites as well as an exclusive villa, all sea facing and elegantly designed ...ideal to embrace the tropical ambiance of the island. Savour endless culinary delights during your journey with an exceptional selection of five exquisite restaurants and three bars ranging from 'feet in the sand' beach restaurants to Asian fusion and the exclusive fine dining restaurant 'Chateau Mon Desir'.Pamper yourself in its 'Maritim Tropical Flower Spa', an oasis of wellbeing offering exclusive treatments and stunning facilities to relax and unwind.Those seeking for active holidays will benefit from an infinite range of land and water sports offered such as horse riding, golf, archery, water ski, diving and many more!Whenever you are looking for relaxing or active holidays, this 5-star luxury hotel, part of Maritim Hotels, will offer you an exceptional array of facilities and experiences combined with the highest standards of service delivered with genuine Mauritian hospitality. Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius ...your holidays... beyond paradise ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Holiday Gems, Travelbag, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maritim Mauritius Balaclava
- Hotel Maritim Mauritius
- Maritim Hotel Mauritius
- Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius Balaclava