Firstly the cons ..
Our early morning arrival was " botched". Not their strongest point.We were not offered the Arrival Lounge..tired and hot and unhappy .Told room would be ready 12 noon but got in at 3.45 pm .
But the Prestige room 233 was well worth the wait .Fabulous.Apologies made and accepted.
Last minor moan was housekeeping where fresh towels were only provided on prompt and mini bar not refreshed unless reminded .
But what the ...
The rest was a fabulous experience .We never "go back" but perhaps may make an exception with the Maritim.
Attention to detail by the German owners supported by amazing service from every member of the Staff .
Le Maree a delight ..the service impeccable..the vista amazing.Neelum,Vidya,Ishwaree and Rajesh the nicest of people A credit to to the Hotel and their Island .Food of highest quality .
Belle Vue fine ,Banyan first class as was the Quarter Deck bar.Get the Gourmet Pass.. The Chateau an absolute must ..we were not expecting that quality.!!
Never used the excellent pools ,why would you when you have that marvellous blue sea in front of you ?
Absolutely no problems getting a sun bed .. Service on beach exceptional.. Nothing too much trouble for the excellent Jay and Dave.If you want to purchase a sarong or two ,then the affable Vini Ba Ba is your man .
Spa treatments x 2 for my wife of the highest quality and water sports centre very well run.
Sandrine on Sports Desk made us smile every time we spoke to her and her pals (she sings well too ) ..
Our travel liaison company Coquille Bonheur (Cindy ) totally professional and transfers impeccable .Air Mauritius top class .
Very happy to be there and equally sad to leave.
Chris and Sara Clifford
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sparkling sandy beach, tropical gardens and the crystal clear turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean... Live the essence of a great island escape!Immerse yourself in this luxurious five-star beach and spa resort gently nestled within a picturesque private estate along the protected marine park of Turtle Bay.Enjoy a prime location on the sunniest and sheltered Northwest coast of the island between the capital Port - Louis and the lively village of Grand Bay and indulge in the pure nature of the historical estate of 25 hectares awarded 'Most Beautiful Garden of Mauritius'. Be spoilt by world-class accommodation with 215 luxurious rooms and suites as well as an exclusive villa, all sea facing and elegantly designed ...ideal to embrace the tropical ambiance of the island. Savour endless culinary delights during your journey with an exceptional selection of five exquisite restaurants and three bars ranging from 'feet in the sand' beach restaurants to Asian fusion and the exclusive fine dining restaurant 'Chateau Mon Desir'.Pamper yourself in its 'Maritim Tropical Flower Spa', an oasis of wellbeing offering exclusive treatments and stunning facilities to relax and unwind.Those seeking for active holidays will benefit from an infinite range of land and water sports offered such as horse riding, golf, archery, water ski, diving and many more!Whenever you are looking for relaxing or active holidays, this 5-star luxury hotel, part of Maritim Hotels, will offer you an exceptional array of facilities and experiences combined with the highest standards of service delivered with genuine Mauritian hospitality. Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius ...your holidays... beyond paradise ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelbag, Holiday Gems, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maritim Mauritius Balaclava
- Hotel Maritim Mauritius
- Maritim Hotel Mauritius
- Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius Balaclava