This is our second visit to the Maritim and the greeting we received was so warm and friendly and they “welcomed us home” which we thought was a lovely touch. We actually met friends of ours there at the hotel and Aurelie arranged my husband’s special birthday with a dinner at La Maree for the four of us on the beach and a cake, very well received and much appreciated. The staff are all so friendly and are a credit to the hotel. The food was exceptional and a great choice to suit everyone’s tastes, mostly freshly cooked. We were regularly greeted by Vimla at the Bell Vue Restaurant who was absolutely charming and always had a smile.
Horse riding on the beach was really good and the horses, who were ex race horses, were really well cared for and in lovely condition. You can either ride around the grounds and the beach, or you can actually ride the horses into the sea and they seemed to love it.
We can recommend the stargazing which takes place on a Wednesday evening near to the wedding gazebo. The gentleman was very knowledgeable and interesting and you actually get to see the planets through his telescope.
Thank you to Yvans for his patience in teaching us archery. We got thoroughly hooked on it and he made it fun.
We used the services of Taxi Mauritius Tours (Ali and Yasin) whilst staying at the Maritim, they are excellent, punctual and very competitively priced and took us on three tours around the island, two to the south and one to the north. We emailed Willy at the office and he replied promptly asking us for our room number and turned up at the designated time. They can be contacted at email@example.com or tel. no. 230 5777-0256 or 230 5478-3933.
All in all another great holiday at the Maritim and we will definitely be returning in the future and can highly recommend it to anyone. You won’t be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sparkling sandy beach, tropical gardens and the crystal clear turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean... Live the essence of a great island escape!Immerse yourself in this luxurious five-star beach and spa resort gently nestled within a picturesque private estate along the protected marine park of Turtle Bay.Enjoy a prime location on the sunniest and sheltered Northwest coast of the island between the capital Port - Louis and the lively village of Grand Bay and indulge in the pure nature of the historical estate of 25 hectares awarded 'Most Beautiful Garden of Mauritius'. Be spoilt by world-class accommodation with 215 luxurious rooms and suites as well as an exclusive villa, all sea facing and elegantly designed ...ideal to embrace the tropical ambiance of the island. Savour endless culinary delights during your journey with an exceptional selection of five exquisite restaurants and three bars ranging from 'feet in the sand' beach restaurants to Asian fusion and the exclusive fine dining restaurant 'Chateau Mon Desir'.Pamper yourself in its 'Maritim Tropical Flower Spa', an oasis of wellbeing offering exclusive treatments and stunning facilities to relax and unwind.Those seeking for active holidays will benefit from an infinite range of land and water sports offered such as horse riding, golf, archery, water ski, diving and many more!Whenever you are looking for relaxing or active holidays, this 5-star luxury hotel, part of Maritim Hotels, will offer you an exceptional array of facilities and experiences combined with the highest standards of service delivered with genuine Mauritian hospitality. Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius ...your holidays... beyond paradise ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, Holiday Gems, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maritim Mauritius Balaclava
- Hotel Maritim Mauritius
- Maritim Hotel Mauritius
- Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius Balaclava