Last year I wrote a review saying this was a fabulous hotel, and how friendly and helpful the staff were, especially since my wife had an accident and had to use a wheel chair for the duration of the holiday.
We returned in June to celebrate our silver wedding anniversary, and had a brilliant holiday, this time being able to enjoy many of the facilities we missed out on last year. We were in fact amazed at the number of staff who remembered us from last year, and came to both welcome us back and enquire about my wife’s health.
In addition our travel agent had without our knowledge advised the hotel of our anniversary, and Aurelie, the Guest Communication manager arranged for a card, champagne and anniversary cake to be put in our room – thanks Aurelie, it was much appreciated.
We stayed on 2nd floor in a Prestige room (all inclusive) next to La Maree beach restaurant. The room was excellent with a stunning view, and the facilities/room service could not have been better.
It was cleaned to a high standard each day basis with fresh towels/water provided at night and a bed turn down service if you wanted. A nice touch was the fresh fruit on arrival, and light snacks delivered to the room each evening. The mini bar was restocked daily with water, juice, beer and wine etc.
The hotel itself is amazing with a great location, and although our room was not ready (to be expected as we arrived at 6am) the Guest arrival/departure lounge is more than adequate to meet your needs until your room is available.
Also nice to note that for those leaving early morning, a continental type breakfast is available at reception (we left at 5am.)
The facilities of the hotel are all shown on the website so there is no point in mentioning them all here. Suffice to say there are plenty of water sports/land activities/restaurants to meet everyone’s needs, and a great beach and pool service if you just want to relax.
We never encountered any problem finding sunbeds either at pool or on beach, and there is also plenty of shade if required.
Ivan the Sports and Entertainment Manager is a wonderful guy, so friendly and helpful, and will do everything to ensure you have a great holiday. It was so nice to meet him again and congratulations to him on his recent wedding to Aurelie, who together with her team do a great job.
Last year we tended to use the main Belle Vue buffet restaurant because of the wheelchair, but this year we mainly used the Belle Vue for dinner, preferring to breakfast and lunch at La Maree beach restaurant.
Overall the food in the Belle Vue offered a reasonable choice, although it seemed a bit more restrictive than last year. However the service was wonderful, and Rajesh and Vimla are well worth getting to know – great service and always asking about your day, and sharing a joke.
La Maree offered the opportunity to eat and relax on the beach, and the food and service was first class. We also had dinner a few times here and the setting at night is magnificent.
Special thanks to Rakesh, Ishwaree, Nano and Michun, who provided such wonderful service, and did everything they could to help us enjoy our stay. We came back with some origami souvenirs from Michun – he has a real talent in this art.
After dinner we tended to visit the Quarter Deck Bar for a drink before heading for La Maree. The Quarter Deck is a lovely setting with great views, and of course has the delightful Brinda who really looks after you.
We also used the Asian Restaurant, and found the food and service excellent – well worth a visit.
We found the evening entertainment quite enjoyable, especially sitting on the beach. If you are looking for loud music, and nightclubs this is not the place for you – but for us, a great place for relaxing at night.
It is also worth doing some trips to see the island, and this year we did the scenic south island tour, and the Blue Safari Submarine trip. Both trips were excellent, and are recommended.
So once again we had a fabulous holiday in the Maritim. We have read a few reviews where some complaints have been made, but we however, have never experienced any problem, and given the staff commitment to looking after guests, are totally confident that any problem would be rectified without delay.
This is a great place to spend a holiday, and well worth the long flight from the UK. If this hotel were anywhere in the world it would still be a wonderful hotel – what however sets it apart from other hotels is the staff.
The people are truly wonderful, and we look forward to our next visit to the Maritim.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sparkling sandy beach, tropical gardens and the crystal clear turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean... Live the essence of a great island escape!Immerse yourself in this luxurious five-star beach and spa resort gently nestled within a picturesque private estate along the protected marine park of Turtle Bay.Enjoy a prime location on the sunniest and sheltered Northwest coast of the island between the capital Port - Louis and the lively village of Grand Bay and indulge in the pure nature of the historical estate of 25 hectares awarded 'Most Beautiful Garden of Mauritius'. Be spoilt by world-class accommodation with 215 luxurious rooms and suites as well as an exclusive villa, all sea facing and elegantly designed ...ideal to embrace the tropical ambiance of the island. Savour endless culinary delights during your journey with an exceptional selection of five exquisite restaurants and three bars ranging from 'feet in the sand' beach restaurants to Asian fusion and the exclusive fine dining restaurant 'Chateau Mon Desir'.Pamper yourself in its 'Maritim Tropical Flower Spa', an oasis of wellbeing offering exclusive treatments and stunning facilities to relax and unwind.Those seeking for active holidays will benefit from an infinite range of land and water sports offered such as horse riding, golf, archery, water ski, diving and many more!Whenever you are looking for relaxing or active holidays, this 5-star luxury hotel, part of Maritim Hotels, will offer you an exceptional array of facilities and experiences combined with the highest standards of service delivered with genuine Mauritian hospitality. Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius ...your holidays... beyond paradise ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Holiday Gems, Travelbag, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Destinology, Southall Travel, Agoda, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maritim Mauritius Balaclava
- Hotel Maritim Mauritius
- Maritim Hotel Mauritius
- Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius Balaclava