My partner and I stayed at the Maritim from the 16th of June as the first part of our twin centre. The grounds, the rooms and the people will not disappoint, which luckily enough for us this hotel delivered above and beyond. This was especially important for us as we had seen the Maratim and were interested in our wedding being held here, with quite a few quests joining us so we were here to check out its suitability etc for our guests with children, and the All inclusive option.
Well we sealed the deal for our wedding in a matter of 3 days for August 2016 if that's any indication of how much we loved this place!! The hotel is beautiful from the grounds to the general ambiance of the place. There are so many names to mention I really would be here all day!
Jean who takes care of the Maritim dogs, who are just LOVELY!!! there is apparently a overbreeding dog issue in Mauritius. The hotel has taken in around 5-6 dogs all with their own "maritim" dog collar and all just so sweet they really are harmless. The way they are treated and cared for for me being an animal lover was just lovely to see. And endearing the hotel embraces this problem and helps with the cause on the island, through an organisation called PAWS. And Jean who looks after the dogs, you will never meet a kinder more compassionate man if you tried, I'm really looking forward to seeing how he's doing when we return for our wedding and working on my French hahaa!.
And don't worry if you don't like dogs they really don't bother you, if you love dogs well they will happily sit and have their tummy tickled all day and come on a little wander with you, they just love a bit of TLC! I easily tried to steal bacon from the breakfast buffet and they didn't want to know, that's how well fed and cared for they are! But the work Jean does I though he deserved a special mention as well as all the beach guys, such kind and polite people, again people I hope to still be there in a couple of years time!!
Food is beautiful from La Maree this was one of our favourite restaurants to eat at and on a few occasions didn't even go over our All inclusive credit, breakfast at Belle Vue always had plenty to offer and the view looking down to the pool and sea is a beautiful way to start the day, especially after all those mojitos the night before (yes included in the A/I) Les Fialos was another big hit with us burger and chicken burgers with chips a variety of side salads would be great for kids and was with my partner who eats like one. (again included in your A/I) unless you want a rack of ribs or specialty dishes like we did a couple of times at La Maree on lobster night don't expect to go over you All Inclusive option at all!
Weather when we was there on my iphone it read 22C everyday.....which was rubbish it ranged easily from 24-27c maybe slightly higher one day during our week there. So again if you've any worries on weather it was glorious in the day time, at night time a shawl I would highly recommend it does get a bit nippy!!
As for the pool as another reviewer has picked up on......it was just too cold to enjoy :( and I love a good swim but it was positively too cold, I wonder if it is heated?! if it is that I think should really be addressed as it was just empty most days people taking 5mins to bravely dip in then straight out!
As when I return in august 2016 with my wedding party apparently the weather will be slightly cooler so a bit of a worry if realistically it will be able to be enjoyed during Mauritius winter months, which is a shame!! Especially for the children too!!
As we were there just for a week before we moved on the next leg of our holiday (where after 3 days we wished we would of just stayed put at the Maritim!!) We didn't really get out of the hotel, we tried the free snorkelling expedition from the water sports centre, although there is not much to see and the reef is quite lifeless. I always say having been to the Maldives we were spoiled and everywhere else is a bit of a disappointment in comparison!!
I'm sure on the excursions on the east side there would be more colour and marine life so again to us wasn't a big deal, as we hope to do all that when we return. But if you're off here soon and want to do some snorkelling, apparently excursions by catamaran over to Flic en Flac will not disappoint!!
But as for previous reviews commenting on the hotel beach and needing sea shoes to go in the sea......hmmmm didn't quite get that, wasn't an issue for us at all! In face it was the VIP beach area (For those in suites or higher categories of room to the privilege rooms) I think that was possibly the worst part of the beach in terms of needing shoes from washed up coral anywhere on the beach. But again I found those comments unfounded and a bit silly about needing shoes on the beach!!
Evening entertainment consists of the most amazing acoustic singers and musicians the vibe is truly so laid back it's lovely. I do think with children evening times could become a bit boring so maybe a bit more could be done in other parts of the hotel for a bit more liveliness and those who like to get up on their feet, obviously In a tasteful way evenings could just be a bit more lively to break up the evenings a bit!
We've made one of the biggest decisions of our lives to get married here because of its beauty and the impression we were given off all the staff who work here, we really did fall In love with the place!
And another special thank you to Madhavi our wedding co-ordinatior for putting our mind at ease over a few things for the wedding, although we are still awaiting some important information we were promised weeks ago........which we are still awaiting graciously, but feeling slightly frustrated haha.
But all in all our stay from arrival to departure was phenomenal. We can't wait to bring our family and friends to such a beautiful place. And the all inclusive is great value for money with the credits at other restaurants, which is yet again another reason we feel so comfortable bringing our loved ones over.
This place is truly gorgeous and exceeded our expectations and only hope it does for our family and friends! And that goes to any of you thinking to go yourself.....book it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sparkling sandy beach, tropical gardens and the crystal clear turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean... Live the essence of a great island escape!Immerse yourself in this luxurious five-star beach and spa resort gently nestled within a picturesque private estate along the protected marine park of Turtle Bay.Enjoy a prime location on the sunniest and sheltered Northwest coast of the island between the capital Port - Louis and the lively village of Grand Bay and indulge in the pure nature of the historical estate of 25 hectares awarded 'Most Beautiful Garden of Mauritius'. Be spoilt by world-class accommodation with 215 luxurious rooms and suites as well as an exclusive villa, all sea facing and elegantly designed ...ideal to embrace the tropical ambiance of the island. Savour endless culinary delights during your journey with an exceptional selection of five exquisite restaurants and three bars ranging from 'feet in the sand' beach restaurants to Asian fusion and the exclusive fine dining restaurant 'Chateau Mon Desir'.Pamper yourself in its 'Maritim Tropical Flower Spa', an oasis of wellbeing offering exclusive treatments and stunning facilities to relax and unwind.Those seeking for active holidays will benefit from an infinite range of land and water sports offered such as horse riding, golf, archery, water ski, diving and many more!Whenever you are looking for relaxing or active holidays, this 5-star luxury hotel, part of Maritim Hotels, will offer you an exceptional array of facilities and experiences combined with the highest standards of service delivered with genuine Mauritian hospitality. Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius ...your holidays... beyond paradise ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelUp, Holiday Gems, Agoda, Southall Travel, Odigeo and Travelbag so you can book your Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maritim Mauritius Balaclava
- Hotel Maritim Mauritius
- Maritim Hotel Mauritius
- Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius Balaclava