Myself and my wife took a holiday here in December 2013, we arrived after a long flight from Birmingham including a 3 hour changeover in Dubai and we were tired, we were impressed by the magnificent drive from the gates the reception was very open and welcoming, on arrival we were met and given towels to refresh and a very welcome drink, the lady explained all there was to know about the Maritim including the dining arrangements, but we were not really taking it in. What we found out during our stay was dependant on what room you are staying in regardless of AI, you were only allowed to eat in certain restaurants, for me I found this hard to understand and a bit misleading as I had booked AI and was of the opinion we should be able to use any of the places to eat (apart from the restaurant châteaux by the front gate) they did encourage us to purchase a gourmet pass which did allow dining elsewhere on site, but at £60 per person on could only use it three times I thought this was a bit of a cheek. To be honest the food in the main restaurant was excellent it can be a bit repetitive after two weeks, but I always found something to eat, they have theme nights and the Asian night was excellent, the staff as mentioned in many other reviews are the Maritim's greatest strength they are so friendly and helpful and make the guests feel really special. The rooms are spacious and well equipped and kept impeccable clean, the grounds are fantastic, the pool's are great and joined together under a wooden bridge near the bar area, the main beach is very good, but the beds closer to the hotel are taken very early on, we found that if you wanted a bed on the beach you would need to go virtually to the end but the wooden jetty, however we preferred this as it was quieter, there is a beach service which was excellent, when the staff get to know your drink preference they will generally bring it over as you settle (Thanks Jaffar you were excellent) the sea is calm for swimming but there is some bits of coral about under foot. Other guests have mentioned TA that they operate a system where people can't put towels on beds either by the pool or beach for longer than an hour, maybe it only operates in the busy season as I never saw it take place and some people left towels on beds all day on the beach. There is a small hut the get towels changed on route to the beach. There is a small golf course can't comment as I never used it, there is also an equestrian centre again never tried it, but saw people riding horses around and in the sea. The gym is one of the better equipped centres I have been to whilst abroad, a selection of resistance machines and dumbbells, along with static bikes, joggers, and X trainers all in an air conditioned room, we used it every night and it was never crowded, there are also small gym towels supplied. We walked up to the ruins at Balaclava in the evening. Also took a taxi into Port Louis for a bit of retail therapy, very hustle and bustle. We also took a trip on a boat only part of the island to the water falls. We saw quite a few weddings whilst there.
Overall we enjoyed our holiday in Mauritius and would recommend the Maritim, the issues around the dining was a small disappointment, but the staff make everyone feel special.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sparkling sandy beach, tropical gardens and the crystal clear turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean... Live the essence of a great island escape!Immerse yourself in this luxurious five-star beach and spa resort gently nestled within a picturesque private estate along the protected marine park of Turtle Bay.Enjoy a prime location on the sunniest and sheltered Northwest coast of the island between the capital Port - Louis and the lively village of Grand Bay and indulge in the pure nature of the historical estate of 25 hectares awarded 'Most Beautiful Garden of Mauritius'. Be spoilt by world-class accommodation with 215 luxurious rooms and suites as well as an exclusive villa, all sea facing and elegantly designed ...ideal to embrace the tropical ambiance of the island. Savour endless culinary delights during your journey with an exceptional selection of five exquisite restaurants and three bars ranging from 'feet in the sand' beach restaurants to Asian fusion and the exclusive fine dining restaurant 'Chateau Mon Desir'.Pamper yourself in its 'Maritim Tropical Flower Spa', an oasis of wellbeing offering exclusive treatments and stunning facilities to relax and unwind.Those seeking for active holidays will benefit from an infinite range of land and water sports offered such as horse riding, golf, archery, water ski, diving and many more!Whenever you are looking for relaxing or active holidays, this 5-star luxury hotel, part of Maritim Hotels, will offer you an exceptional array of facilities and experiences combined with the highest standards of service delivered with genuine Mauritian hospitality. Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius ...your holidays... beyond paradise ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Holiday Gems, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Agoda, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maritim Mauritius Balaclava
- Hotel Maritim Mauritius
- Maritim Hotel Mauritius
- Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius Balaclava