We have just come back from a weeks holiday at this hotel (Not long enough!) and we already look forward to going back (for 2 weeks).
We booked a suite as we have a teenage daughter and it was better than 2 rooms. The suite was fabulous and really spacious with a large bathroom and dressing room, good sized living area (where they made up a bed for my daughter) and a good sized bedroom with super king bed.. It also had a great balcony, with a nice view. With this came the VIP beach and a free horse ride and a grommet pass, meaning we could eat in any of the restaurants at no extra charge. We also got a day and night butler service. Although we didn't really see the day one, the night guy was really sweet and helpful. We tried most of the restaurants and the food was a really high standard in all of them and the service superb. We tried the horse riding and archery some water sports and golf. All the staff were great, friendly and respectful.
The whole complex is spotlessly clean. We also went to the spa and had some treatments too. Wow! That was heaven and the girls are just so nice. My only criticism here would be the Jacuzzi was cold and although it was supposed to be over 18's only there were a lot of kids there, so we only used this once
It's a great place, plenty to do if you want it, but nice and quiet if you don't. What really made it for us was the beach service. Constant drinks and cocktails, snacks and cold flannels. Jay spoilt us rotten and when we could be bothered to actually move for lunch he'd get a table ready for us wherever we wanted to go. He brought us new things to try and fussed round making sure we were happy and relaxed.
Another special mention has to go to Seewooduth. What a sweet and adorable guy. How many people even notice him?? He cleans the beach at dawn every day making sure there are no stones or seaweed. He then rakes up all the leaves, then smoothes out all the sand. He waters the little plants on the beach tables and make sure the river is clear. He keeps his gardens immaculate and he never seems to stop all day. (see picture)
We would certainly recommend the Maritim. The Reception staff could maybe improve a little and there is no facility for teens to meet up with each other and make friends and the Jacuzzi was cold. Wifi in room not great. Very minor niggles that didn't really bother us at all as everything else was absolutely perfect!
Oh! And if you're an animal liver; The Maritim dogs, horses and tortoises are really well cared for and there's a cat cafe with food and water.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sparkling sandy beach, tropical gardens and the crystal clear turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean... Live the essence of a great island escape!Immerse yourself in this luxurious five-star beach and spa resort gently nestled within a picturesque private estate along the protected marine park of Turtle Bay.Enjoy a prime location on the sunniest and sheltered Northwest coast of the island between the capital Port - Louis and the lively village of Grand Bay and indulge in the pure nature of the historical estate of 25 hectares awarded 'Most Beautiful Garden of Mauritius'. Be spoilt by world-class accommodation with 215 luxurious rooms and suites as well as an exclusive villa, all sea facing and elegantly designed ...ideal to embrace the tropical ambiance of the island. Savour endless culinary delights during your journey with an exceptional selection of five exquisite restaurants and three bars ranging from 'feet in the sand' beach restaurants to Asian fusion and the exclusive fine dining restaurant 'Chateau Mon Desir'.Pamper yourself in its 'Maritim Tropical Flower Spa', an oasis of wellbeing offering exclusive treatments and stunning facilities to relax and unwind.Those seeking for active holidays will benefit from an infinite range of land and water sports offered such as horse riding, golf, archery, water ski, diving and many more!Whenever you are looking for relaxing or active holidays, this 5-star luxury hotel, part of Maritim Hotels, will offer you an exceptional array of facilities and experiences combined with the highest standards of service delivered with genuine Mauritian hospitality. Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius ...your holidays... beyond paradise ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maritim Mauritius Balaclava
- Hotel Maritim Mauritius
- Maritim Hotel Mauritius
- Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius Balaclava