The special thing about this hotel is its atmosphere. It still has character, unlike most of the homogenous new hotels and the view as you walk through reception has to be one of the most stunning I have yet seen from a hotel. This was our first holiday without children in tow in 18 years and it was our 20th anniversary. The Maritim was everything we could have wished for. Our superior room faced the beach and we could walk directly from the patio to the beachside restaurant. The rooms were spotless and the staff were always friendly but never intrusive. The snorkelling was great. Our only regret was not bringing our own gear so that we were not restricted to the boathouse opening time. Just walking in off the beach we saw more fish than when we took a trip on the glass bottomed boat. The excellent buffets were themed so there was a good variety throughout our stay. I loved being able to waterski, kayak, snorkel and my personal favourite, sail the hobie 14s. The all inclusive deal meant I could have as many 'goes' as I liked. The boats need a little maintenance though. The cocktail list at the bar was great and I loved the view from our favourite table in the main restaurant which looks over the pool, through the palm trees to the setting sun over the lagoon. It was the best holiday I've ever had and i have been ski-ing, whale watching off Frasier island and on safari in Africa. Maybe it was the peace!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sparkling sandy beach, tropical gardens and the crystal clear turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean... Live the essence of a great island escape!Immerse yourself in this luxurious five-star beach and spa resort gently nestled within a picturesque private estate along the protected marine park of Turtle Bay.Enjoy a prime location on the sunniest and sheltered Northwest coast of the island between the capital Port - Louis and the lively village of Grand Bay and indulge in the pure nature of the historical estate of 25 hectares awarded 'Most Beautiful Garden of Mauritius'. Be spoilt by world-class accommodation with 215 luxurious rooms and suites as well as an exclusive villa, all sea facing and elegantly designed ...ideal to embrace the tropical ambiance of the island. Savour endless culinary delights during your journey with an exceptional selection of five exquisite restaurants and three bars ranging from 'feet in the sand' beach restaurants to Asian fusion and the exclusive fine dining restaurant 'Chateau Mon Desir'.Pamper yourself in its 'Maritim Tropical Flower Spa', an oasis of wellbeing offering exclusive treatments and stunning facilities to relax and unwind.Those seeking for active holidays will benefit from an infinite range of land and water sports offered such as horse riding, golf, archery, water ski, diving and many more!Whenever you are looking for relaxing or active holidays, this 5-star luxury hotel, part of Maritim Hotels, will offer you an exceptional array of facilities and experiences combined with the highest standards of service delivered with genuine Mauritian hospitality. Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius ...your holidays... beyond paradise ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Destinology, Booking.com, Holiday Gems, Travelbag, Expedia, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maritim Mauritius Balaclava
- Hotel Maritim Mauritius
- Maritim Hotel Mauritius
- Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius Balaclava