“Excellent Island at Mauritius to Visit.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 7 things to do in Blue Bay
Pune, India
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Excellent Island at Mauritius to Visit.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

When I was at Chez Pat, Blue Bay, I visited Ile des deux cocos island & found it wonderful. It's a trip from morning 10 am to late afternoon 4.30 pm where you can do snorkling OR glass boat drive (one of the activities is included in their package). they serve great barbeque food & good liquers / cocktails. It's worth visiting it.

Visited September 2013

• Slovak first
Geneva, Switzerland
79 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 481 helpful votes
“BACK FOR THE 3RD TIME TO THIS PARADISIAC ISLAND !!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

My wife, my 8 years old kid and myself spent a full day on this awesome island, for our 3rd time, in October 2013. As always, it was like a dream to arrive on this island by boat, to be there and to feel such a warm welcome from the excellent, experienced and friendly Island Manager, Mr. Mario de l'Estrac. We also had the chance to meet again our favorite employee on the island, the now famous Mr. Sunil, who has now been working on this beautiful island for many years !
I should say that thanks to the Island Manager, many things improved in quality since our last visit in 2009. For example, the tables and bench where you seat to eat during the barbecue time, are now all white, there are nice private tents to protect youself from the sun and to relax under comfortable sofas. The buffet and the food have also improved, it's much more class now than it used to be, we really appreciated the food a lot.
As always, everything is included in the price, food, welcome drinks, red, rosé or white wine, any alcohol or cocktail you may want, just ask for it at the bar ! You will also have the pleasure to hear two very friendly and nice musicians with hawaiian style shirts, it's father and his son ! Actually, father was already there during our last satys, but he was performing with another great and excellent singer, with long black hair, whom unfortunately left his job to live on another island. The son is now very nice, but he should learn some songs, as we were expecting to hear our favorite song "Hotel California", but they both did not know the words... Do not hesitate to give them a good tip, they really deserve it !

The best part is a visit of the private villa, which you can rent for a night or more, with full equipment you may dream of, small pool, shower, toilets, balcony, fountain, a great dining room, jacuzzi, well really a great place to stay in once in your life, if you can afford it...
We will definitively come back once more, as soon as we will plan our next holidays in Mauritius, we will contact our friend Mario and coordinate with him, to spend one more day in paradise, because it really IS paradise ! The lagoon is of an incredible light blue color, you may pratice snorkling if you want to or just walk around the island, as we did this time.

So, to resume our stay on this island :

Positive points :
--------------------
1) Beautiful blue lagoon.
2) All inclusive buffet with any alcohol you may want.
3) Excellent service from Mr. Sunil.
4) Great Island Manager (Mr. Mario de l'Estrac), friendly, helpful, experienced and attaching.
5) Visit of the private villa is a must.
6) Walk around the island is also a must !
7) Snorkeling possible if you want (no obligations).

Points to be aware of :
----------------------------
1) Must be a sunny day without too much wind to enjoy it fully.
2) Musicians are very good but must learn some more songs (for the son !).
3) Belongs to Lux Resorts since not so long, so normally you reserve via your Lux hotel directly.

Negative points :
---------------------
NONE !!!

Well, enough words for now, I will soon post some of my best photos which I took during our incredible 3rd stay on this island, which you will be able to see on www.tripadvisor.com, attached to my review.

Furthermore, I made a video HD of the villa, which you can see via my www.youtube.com channel, subject being "otterboris", so enjoy it and see you there one day, maybe, hopefully ;-).

5 Thank otterboris
London, United Kingdom
70 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 158 helpful votes
“Absolutely Perfect!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

What can I say about this place?! We spent a fantastic time!
Perfect beautiful island with the best snorkeling spot in the all Mauritius. Perfect service and attentive staff. Perfect private facilities. Secluded and ideal for couples that want to spend some quality time together. Weddings, special anniversaries or other sort of celebrations should be held here.
Absolutely Perfect!

3 Thank DesertChicGy
London, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“Exceptional”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

I'm going to run out of superlatives in this one, so please read my other reviews first to be sure I am not prone to exaggeration! Much of my travel that features on these pages is designed to ensure that, come the fateful day when I leave this mortal coil, I won't have regrets about things I have NOT done. Well, I will regret not going to Ile des Deux Cocos more often.
It's billed as a private island which is a bit of an exaggeration, because if you go on a normal day, particularly at the weekend, there will be maybe 50 people there. But it still feels special, and its location is in the Blue Bay marine protection area, so if you have any interest at all in snorkelling (and if you have come to Mauritius you really should try it), Blue Bay is exceptional. Staff from Ile des Deux Cocos will take you out in a boat to a special part of the park, the clear waters, living coral and unrivalled numbers of different types of fish make this a very special experience. Make sure you buy an underwater camera before you go, you will otherwise regret it.
The rest of the day is just a great break from your hotel. You arrive on the island after a short boat trip and from that moment you just relax. There is nothing pretentious about the island, the food is great but simple - fresh vegetables and seafood, and a barbecue, they have a decent selection of drinks and can mix a few cocktails. But the service remains at or above the standards of the very best five star hotels. There are plenty of hammocks if you want to doze, private corners and coves you can explore. Its just a very special day out. Its the only time since I have been reviewing for Trip Advisor that I wish they have a six star rating....
Ile des Deux Cocos is part of the Lux group of hotels, so if you are staying in a different hotel you might have to convince them to book the trip for you, or you can do it direct (details on the island's website). Its a very reasonable rate for a full all inclusive day.
The island also offers private overnight bookings in its villa (they don't allow other guest on the island if you book the villa), and runs events. Both must be very special, but I haven't tried them so can't review them.

Bel Air
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Ile aux 2 Cocos”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

Fish Marine Park, villa Marakech, Snorkelling, glass bottom boat, Lunch BBQ, Resto service by members of Lux Group..please don't miss it..

Visited June 2013