Just returned from the Shandrani it was one of our best holidays. We stayed in one of the superior rooms and the view from our balcony was amazing.
On our arrival we were advised to book the restaurants we wish to eat in during our stay. It was our 25th wedding anniversary the following day so we wanted to eat in one of them but they were all fully booked. We told them it was our anniversary and they said they would see what they could do. Later a member of staff came to see us and told us we had a reservation at the Teak Elephant. We had a wonderful day, later in the afternoon a cake was sent to our room wishing us a Happy Wedding Anniversary. The meal was a five course set menu and the food was excellent. Wine was served by the bottle and they had a very good wine list, and not to forget the glasses of champagne, A perfect day! The food in all the other restaurants was just as good.
The beaches were great, not over crowded and a guy with a drink trolley would come around with drinks and snacks.
There was alot of water sports and various activities to do, but we were rather lazy and only went on the glassbottom boat.
We did leave the resort for a day and visited the Casela park and walked with the Lions which was amazing, We had a taxi there, its about an hours drive from the Shandrani, the taxi driver stays and waits for you. He was great, telling us all about Mauritius.The hotel gave us a pack lunch which was very nice. (not to be eaten in the park)
Our holiday was fantastic, the staff the food the entertainment the gardens the beaches, and not to forget my back and neck massage. It was all amazing, we did not want to leave.
You are very near to the airport but don't let that put you off.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- LUXURY HOLIDAYS IN MAURITIUS FOR BEACH AND NATURE LOVERS Located in the unspoilt south region of Mauritius, Shandrani is a welcoming five-star resort with a lively vibe. Set on a private peninsula lapped by the Blue Bay Marine Park rich in sea life, Shandrani has three different beaches to discover. A short boat ride inshore takes you to the famous Ile aux Aigrettes nature reserve. When it comes to sports and leisure, the resort has something for everyone. A range of land and water sports is at hand including water-skiing and golf (the hotel features a 9-hole Par 29, "pitch & putt" golf course). A sailing school and a diving centre affiliated to PADI will delight all sports enthusiasts. Other facilities include a spa and a wellness centre, both associated to the world-renowned Clarins brand. Four restaurants invite you to sample sumptuous dishes served with a choice of fine wines. At Shandrani Resort & Spa, enjoy relaxing holidays in peaceful surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Prestigia, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, HotelQuickly, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Shandrani Beachcomber Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shandrani Hotel Blue Bay
- Shandrani Hotel Mauritius
- Shandrani Blue Bay
- Shandrani Beachcomber Resort & Spa Mauritius/Blue Bay