We were bumped for the end of our holiday from our previous hotel which was overbooked. i am thrilled this happened as it worked out to be a decent upgrade though only 4 nights. I'd go back! It helped that we'd already relaxed and were getting a bit bored in the quieter resort. There's a lot of people, families and stuff going on in this resort so for quiet 'couple time' it's not great. However the food, wine list and activities which are included are brilliant. They also have some taxi drivers who do tours for certain prices - we had a day exploring the South of the island with a really great driver who showed us all sorts of places and explained a lot about life on Mauritius.
The room was nice - like a standard 4* or so hotel room.
In the resort we used the gym, played table tennis and golf, swam, snorkelled, walked, and ate terrific food. Even the buffets were marvellous and the 'specialty' restaurants great. The wine list and spirits in all inclusive were good quality and the service efficient if not always massively friendly (fine with me!) Golf clubs and balls are extra but you can lose a lot of balls on the unusal 9 hole course! Spa was good quality. The resort is really big with lots of hidey holes and quieter beaches and differing views. Does mean there's walking between places needed though. The snorkelling near some of them is amazing with reefs close to the surface.
You can of course hear the planes, it's right next to the airport. There aren't hundreds a day and it didn't bother me at all. But I've lived near Heathrow!
It's not a late night / party place - more a family hotel and there are lots of families there. But this wasn't as intrusive as I was expecting from previous experience though it wasn't during school holidays.
We're planning to go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- LUXURY HOLIDAYS IN MAURITIUS FOR BEACH AND NATURE LOVERS Located in the unspoilt south region of Mauritius, Shandrani is a welcoming five-star resort with a lively vibe. Set on a private peninsula lapped by the Blue Bay Marine Park rich in sea life, Shandrani has three different beaches to discover. A short boat ride inshore takes you to the famous Ile aux Aigrettes nature reserve. When it comes to sports and leisure, the resort has something for everyone. A range of land and water sports is at hand including water-skiing and golf (the hotel features a 9-hole Par 29, "pitch & putt" golf course). A sailing school and a diving centre affiliated to PADI will delight all sports enthusiasts. Other facilities include a spa and a wellness centre, both associated to the world-renowned Clarins brand. Four restaurants invite you to sample sumptuous dishes served with a choice of fine wines. At Shandrani Resort & Spa, enjoy relaxing holidays in peaceful surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Prestigia, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Agoda, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Shandrani Beachcomber Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shandrani Hotel Blue Bay
- Shandrani Hotel Mauritius
- Shandrani Blue Bay
- Shandrani Beachcomber Resort & Spa Mauritius/Blue Bay