Shandrani Beachcomber Resort & Spa All Inclusive
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
View Hotel
La Hacienda(Vieux Grand Port)
View Hotel
Laguna Beach Hotel & Spa(Grande Riviere Sud Est)
Bubble Lodge(Bois Cheri)
2,650 results
All reviewsteak elephantwild beachle siriusgolf coursethai restaurantsirius restaurantgrand portclose to the airportporto vecchiokids clubwater sportstennis courtswater skiingour honeymoondeluxe roommain poolwine list
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Just arrived from this small paradise place. It has very convenient location - 10 min from airport, lots of beaches, 2 big pools, tennis courts, golf courts, water sports. One big plus - all inclusive. One huge minus - you will have to adjust your eating habits to the timing of the hotel. Restaurants work only certain time and if you missed breakfast you will have to wait till lunch which is gonna be at 3pm or having room service - which is taking up to 45 min to deliver. Bars are open however snack menu starting to work from 3pm to 5 pm. A bit inconvenient for me as I love to enjoy my food every 3 hrs.
Reception staff are not bad at all, some of them required more training on communication skills. Dunno how many starts got this resort but definitely not 5.
Room: I had superior room. Was impressed that hotel doesn't have one huge building with many flours and lots of rooms but got small houses 2-5 levels each. Had big bed made of two small single beds, big bathroom with separate shower cabin and toilet. Good toiletries. Didn't find room service menu and map of the resort. Resort is quite big and messy so map is required to roam around. Soundproof is missing in the rooms. So if your neighbor is playing guitar or having blast or fun - you gonna participate in it. It feels like they are tight next to you.
Water sports: I really enjoy it with my friends. Staff are very friendly and helpful.
Food: missed my breakfast as I love to sleep a lot when I am on holidays. However room service, dinner was not bad. Heard from my friends breakfast selection was quiet poor.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank August W
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Hectic wedding deserved a relaxing honeymoon and the Shandrani delivered all this and more....... Made to feel so welcome after a long flight from London, shown straight to room and made to feel relaxed with a welcome drink!! Beautiful food for 2 weeks along with a warm welcome every morning,lunch & dinner. Our room looked as if we were the first to sleep in it every day after room service and dinner was a different selection of surprise every evening. Shandrani was the perfect base for exploring Mauritius and the local tradesmen on and off the water were only to happy to show us the real and not so real Mauritius!! Big game fishing,walking with lions,giant turtles all within 1 1/2 hours of our friendly welcome back "home". Leaving Shandrani showed us so much but staying there gave us so much!! The spa offered my wife so much peace and relaxation while I brushed up on my wake boarding skills- skiing everyday for free!! When we were totally relaxed,boarded out and full of the beautiful pancakes on offer every afternoon a romantic stroll from bar to restaurant was always welcome. Shandrani made me and my wife feel like a princess & prince all day everyday and we would return in a flash......... Maybe an anniversary to come....

Room Tip: Beach front rooms give added peace in the bay
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andy D
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Staff is great, the place is great, and the food is great.

There are pools there, but it is better to go swimming and snorkling in the bay just outside the hotel complex area.

The only negative thing was that the spa was overbooked.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

My husband & I stayed here for 2 weeks for our honeymoon in January.

We had a lovely time. We had no problems booking in the restaurants, the staff were amazingly friendly & willing to change dishes to suit me being vegetarian. The food in the restaurants really was exquisite.

We did lots of relaxing, making use of the AI drinks & spent time together just the two of us. We did various day trips outside the hotel & all were booked hassle free & were enjoyable days.

We used to walk to the beach down by the other bar as it was quieter there in the day away from the water sports & water aerobics. On the beach, they used to stop with a drinks cooler so you don't even have to get up. The sellers on the beach really don't pester you if you just politely say no thank you.

Our room was kept clean & tidy & the mini bar was restocked as & when we asked. The room was spacious & we got fresh towels daily.

There really isn't anything to complain about. Yes the entertainment is a little boring & much of the same but make your own!
I think people just like to find things to complain about but it really was a lovely place for us to stay & spend quality time together.

Mauritius on the whole is a beautiful country with very friendly people!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rebecca S
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Stayed here for a friends wedding in January 2011. Accommodation was nice with a balcony overlooking the ocean. Good facilities in the grounds. Food was good with a variety of restaurants to choose from. Overall a good experience.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple