Some good some less so good points but an overall positive impression and experience.
We were upgraded to one of the two Presidential suites so no complaints about accommodation.
The staff were very friendly and couldn't do enough for guests.
The hotel had about 40% occupancy - always a positive.
Good pools but they are irrelevant when the Ocean and various water activities are so good.
Food overall very good. We had the all inclusive package and tried all the restaurants. The buffet was not to my liking. The Italian was excellent with some good pasta dishes. Sirius was so so. The pay-extra-to-eat-there fish restaurant was excellent but has a significant mosquito problem and there is a mosquito-borne disease in that part of the world which is bad news.
Weather: hot and humid with a few days washed out. Our own stupid fault because we ignored the rule not to go to the tropics, north or south of the Equator in their summer.
Downsides: the weather, the mosquitos, the fact that Blue Bay is at the end of the runway at the international airport.
I don't think I would go back to either Mauritius or the Shandrani, mainly because I've been there and done it.
Despite these niggles, it was a good holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- LUXURY HOLIDAYS IN MAURITIUS FOR BEACH AND NATURE LOVERS Located in the unspoilt south region of Mauritius, Shandrani is a welcoming five-star resort with a lively vibe. Set on a private peninsula lapped by the Blue Bay Marine Park rich in sea life, Shandrani has three different beaches to discover. A short boat ride inshore takes you to the famous Ile aux Aigrettes nature reserve. When it comes to sports and leisure, the resort has something for everyone. A range of land and water sports is at hand including water-skiing and golf (the hotel features a 9-hole Par 29, "pitch & putt" golf course). A sailing school and a diving centre affiliated to PADI will delight all sports enthusiasts. Other facilities include a spa and a wellness centre, both associated to the world-renowned Clarins brand. Four restaurants invite you to sample sumptuous dishes served with a choice of fine wines. At Shandrani Resort & Spa, enjoy relaxing holidays in peaceful surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Prestigia, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Shandrani Beachcomber Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shandrani Hotel Blue Bay
- Shandrani Hotel Mauritius
- Shandrani Blue Bay
- Shandrani Beachcomber Resort & Spa Mauritius/Blue Bay