Took my family & parents to stay at Shandrani for 10 days hoping it would be a 'dream holiday'....
Starting with our arrival at the hotel where we were given a very warm welcome and after a well needed ice tea we checked in whilst seated in the amazing reception.
We had arrived early and were offered use of a departure room as our own rooms weren't ready.
We returned to customer relations after a relaxed breakfast to enquire as to what times at least one of the rooms would be ready as we have two young kids. We were pleasantly surprised to hear that all three rooms were ready and were all adjoining.
The rooms were great - just been refurbished and were really big. We were on the ground floor which was excellent for the kids - they could play outside the room and wander between all three without any of us worrying.
The mini bar was well stocked and replenished punctually everyday. I read another report that said there were no tea making facilities in the room - there certainly were in our three!
The pools were both excellent - hardly anyone using them and service at the poolside was wonderful - the staff learnt our names and even our drink preferences - nice little touches.
The Restaurants had great menus. We only ate at Sirius once and it was superb - very "arty!". The buffet was a hit with everyone - quite overwhelming as to the size and selection. Food was all cooked wonderfully.
Service at the bars could be slightly slow right after dinner but with lots of people wanting after dinner drinks it was to be expected.
The entertainment was pretty varied and the kids loved the Sega dancers!
We tried lots of the different sporting activities during our stay - snorkeling and scuba were both very good (there's a marine park next to Shandrani) and I attended the sailing school on several occasions. You have to pay to be instructed for your certificate but it's two hours of one-on-one tuition on a Hobie 16 for 75euros so better value than here. The instructor Jean was particularly good and taught me stuff I've not be shown before.
We hired the hotels private 300hp speedboat for the day on my Father's birthday - WOW! - we were taken up the East side of the Island to some amazing beaches, islands and a waterfall and had a champagne picnic aboard the boat. You must try this!!!!
The staff on the whole were excellent - Steeves was brilliant - always really friendly and seemed genuinely interested for our welfare and enjoyment.
I suppose all of this is all well and good but would I go again??
I'm planning my 2007 trip already!!!!
Well done Shandrani!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- LUXURY HOLIDAYS IN MAURITIUS FOR BEACH AND NATURE LOVERS Located in the unspoilt south region of Mauritius, Shandrani is a welcoming five-star resort with a lively vibe. Set on a private peninsula lapped by the Blue Bay Marine Park rich in sea life, Shandrani has three different beaches to discover. A short boat ride inshore takes you to the famous Ile aux Aigrettes nature reserve. When it comes to sports and leisure, the resort has something for everyone. A range of land and water sports is at hand including water-skiing and golf (the hotel features a 9-hole Par 29, "pitch & putt" golf course). A sailing school and a diving centre affiliated to PADI will delight all sports enthusiasts. Other facilities include a spa and a wellness centre, both associated to the world-renowned Clarins brand. Four restaurants invite you to sample sumptuous dishes served with a choice of fine wines. At Shandrani Resort & Spa, enjoy relaxing holidays in peaceful surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Destinology, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Southall Travel, Ebookers, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Shandrani Beachcomber Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shandrani Hotel Blue Bay
- Shandrani Hotel Mauritius
- Shandrani Blue Bay
- Shandrani Beachcomber Resort & Spa Mauritius/Blue Bay