The Shandrani was wonderful. I've visited Mauritius twice and both times I have stayed at the Shandrani. It is gorgeous, and there is nothing I can fault. It is such an amazing hotel, which such a brilliant atmosphere. I'm sure many future travellers will fall in love with this hotel just like I have!
Now, let me just clear up a few things. Yes, the Shandrani is very near the airport, but this is NOT (and I repeat NOT) a problem. There are very few planes arriving and departing in Mauritius and the noise is there for like, 2 minutes, and all in all, it didn't disturb my Mauritius Paradise at all and I've read that alot of people feel the same.
Most of the Mauritius hotels are in North Mauritius, whereas the Shandrani is in the South, Blue Bay. It is a gorgeous location, in 2005 we stayed for 10 days, and only got about an hour's worth of rain. And even then, we were still in the pool!!
The rooms are great. We stayed on the second floor (Room 254.. I think) and it was great. On one side of us, we had a beautiful beach (which our large balcony looked out onto and what we woke up to every morning) and the other, tropical gardens and just a short minute's walk to the main hotel. The rooms are large, I think we had a family apartment. Either way, I remember it like it was yesterday. We had a small entrance hall, on the right was a door to the Children's room (With bunkbeds, very comfortable) and a seperate on-suite for the kids. On the left was the door to a LARGE lounge area with v.comfortable sofas, a tv, and also, a step up to the bed-area, with a king-size bed, which was VERY comfortable, unbeleivable :)
Also, a bathroom with seperate toilet room and storage room (like a walk in wardrobe) with safe/ect.. The room was gorgeous. Also, a balcony showing off one of their beaches (every room has a view of the sea/beach.)
The Service was amazing at the Shandrani. The service made it the perfect holiday. The staff were always ready for a friendly chat, or to attend to whatever you needed. I didn't come across a single member of staff who didn't attend to our every need at a minute's notice.. and the reception staff were especially good. The cleaner was very friendly, coming in all the time to clean our room, reguarly making an effort to make us smile. The bar staff were very good with kids, making them laugh and also the adults.
The manager is great, and so are the Watersports Staff! They were so patient when my cannoe got stuck out there, I had to get back going very slowly and everything, and they were brilliant and attentive when it came to that. The Service at the Shandrani is brilliant.
All in all, the Shandrani was very clean, staff reguarly cleaning the pools, beaches and rooms. You can always get a smile off them too, the Shandrani is very clean. We never came across a problem and the towels..ect were reguarly changed.
The Shandrani has two wonderful pools, one main pool leading on to the main beach and another deeper pool. Both have bar areas surrounding. The main pool isn't crowded but there are normally quite a few people in there and sometimes the second pool is empty, which is great fun! The Pool areas are amazing and where I spent most of my time!
Overall, Shandrani is a fantastic 5* hotel, well worth its stars and the money. You are guarenteed to have a FANTASTIC time at the Shandrani,, Mauritius = Paradise!!
Jessica Ann xx
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- LUXURY HOLIDAYS IN MAURITIUS FOR BEACH AND NATURE LOVERS Located in the unspoilt south region of Mauritius, Shandrani is a welcoming five-star resort with a lively vibe. Set on a private peninsula lapped by the Blue Bay Marine Park rich in sea life, Shandrani has three different beaches to discover. A short boat ride inshore takes you to the famous Ile aux Aigrettes nature reserve. When it comes to sports and leisure, the resort has something for everyone. A range of land and water sports is at hand including water-skiing and golf (the hotel features a 9-hole Par 29, "pitch & putt" golf course). A sailing school and a diving centre affiliated to PADI will delight all sports enthusiasts. Other facilities include a spa and a wellness centre, both associated to the world-renowned Clarins brand. Four restaurants invite you to sample sumptuous dishes served with a choice of fine wines. At Shandrani Resort & Spa, enjoy relaxing holidays in peaceful surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Prestigia, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, HotelQuickly and Ebookers so you can book your Shandrani Beachcomber Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shandrani Hotel Blue Bay
- Shandrani Hotel Mauritius
- Shandrani Blue Bay
- Shandrani Beachcomber Resort & Spa Mauritius/Blue Bay