We stayed at the Shandrani for the final leg of our Honeymoon in July and we had the Serenity Honeymoon Package. Before we got to the Shandrani we stayed at hotels in South Africa and Zambia and we were really excited about getting to the last leg of our honeymoon and relaxing on the beach and by the pool after a week and a half of Safari and activities in Africa.
On the way to the hotel my wife and i were talking about the fact it was a honeymoon package and how much we were looking forward to special treatment etc etc, nothing could be further from that when we arrived. If you do go to the Shandrani on a honeymoon package, please be aware that the only special teeatment you may get is a free t shirt and a miniature bottle of spakling wine on arrival.
We were placed in a room 10 feet away from the bar, restaurants/reception where there was loud live music every night until the early hours of the morning, which is good some nights but not every night!! The hotel is also directly underneath the take off flight path for the airport so from about 7am every morning you have jumbo jets flying over, this is very very loud and the room shakes when they fly across.
When you get the info for this hotel is states that guests must dress smartly for dinner. My wifew and i took a wide range of smart clothes only to find alot of people going to dinner in the a la carte restaurants in shorts and t shirts, which i don't mind but when you're told you MUST dress smartly on arrival we were a bit miffed.
On a good note the food was very good, beach was lovely and the majority of staff friendly. I however would not go there if you are looking for a romantic honeymoon destination.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- LUXURY HOLIDAYS IN MAURITIUS FOR BEACH AND NATURE LOVERS Located in the unspoilt south region of Mauritius, Shandrani is a welcoming five-star resort with a lively vibe. Set on a private peninsula lapped by the Blue Bay Marine Park rich in sea life, Shandrani has three different beaches to discover. A short boat ride inshore takes you to the famous Ile aux Aigrettes nature reserve. When it comes to sports and leisure, the resort has something for everyone. A range of land and water sports is at hand including water-skiing and golf (the hotel features a 9-hole Par 29, "pitch & putt" golf course). A sailing school and a diving centre affiliated to PADI will delight all sports enthusiasts. Other facilities include a spa and a wellness centre, both associated to the world-renowned Clarins brand. Four restaurants invite you to sample sumptuous dishes served with a choice of fine wines. At Shandrani Resort & Spa, enjoy relaxing holidays in peaceful surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Destinology, Expedia, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Priceline, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Shandrani Beachcomber Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shandrani Hotel Blue Bay
- Shandrani Hotel Mauritius
- Shandrani Blue Bay
- Shandrani Beachcomber Resort & Spa Mauritius/Blue Bay