We stayed at the Shandrani on the serenity all inclusive package for 2 weeks - with 3 children (14,12,10) and had a truly fantastic time. The weather was just about perfect, with plenty of sun but at just right temperature - i.e. about 25 degrees C. There is absolutely loads to do with all of the activities - swimming, snorkelling ( fantastic - dont bother with the scuba), water skiing, sailing, tennis, golf, gym etc etc.
The food at all of the restaurants and bars was great, the kids loved the pancakes in the afternoon, the drinks all day was great for us grown ups. We had 2 adjoining rooms which we were delightful, and worked perfectly for us.
We did an all day boat trip with one of the guys who sells trips on the beach (Ronaldhinio and Captain Nemo) and had an absolute blast, we saw dolphins (unheard of apparently), did the falls jumping with the crazy indian guys, did parasailing - which was absolutely incredible.
Check out my flickr page for some of my holiday photos.
Could not recommend this more highly for a family holiday, and ignore the comments about plane noise, you could hear planes for about 15 secs several times a day, no issue - and what's better than a 5 min drive to the hotel from the airport after a 11 hr flight!! My kids want me to book for next year already.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- LUXURY HOLIDAYS IN MAURITIUS FOR BEACH AND NATURE LOVERS Located in the unspoilt south region of Mauritius, Shandrani is a welcoming five-star resort with a lively vibe. Set on a private peninsula lapped by the Blue Bay Marine Park rich in sea life, Shandrani has three different beaches to discover. A short boat ride inshore takes you to the famous Ile aux Aigrettes nature reserve. When it comes to sports and leisure, the resort has something for everyone. A range of land and water sports is at hand including water-skiing and golf (the hotel features a 9-hole Par 29, "pitch & putt" golf course). A sailing school and a diving centre affiliated to PADI will delight all sports enthusiasts. Other facilities include a spa and a wellness centre, both associated to the world-renowned Clarins brand. Four restaurants invite you to sample sumptuous dishes served with a choice of fine wines. At Shandrani Resort & Spa, enjoy relaxing holidays in peaceful surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Destinology, Hotels.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Shandrani Beachcomber Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shandrani Hotel Blue Bay
- Shandrani Hotel Mauritius
- Shandrani Blue Bay
- Shandrani Beachcomber Resort & Spa Mauritius/Blue Bay