US$495
US$431
Official Site
Pingouinvillas(Blue Bay)
  • Beachfront
All reviewsmarine parkfishfree boat tripflight pathpublic beachsnorkeling tripssea viewenough varietymorning and eveningclose to the airporthotel is greatdeluxe roomevening entertainmentindian oceangrand baiesmall hotelhotel is situated
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Having driven around almost the whole of Mauritius for 7 to 8 days...I needed to relax and enjoy the sea after having seen the total coast -taken snap shot, videos..you name it. Whatever said and done...a good friend of mine used to say this,"..if it doesn't stay in the hard-drive(mind/brain)then it is not worth remembering at all.
Well this is exactly what I would want to say about this beach and resort at Blue Bay...so much so, I really do not have that many a snap shots nor videos as I had taken on my many days of driving around this island of emerald blue waters and plush green hills.
Just outside the window of my luxurious private space...I can watch the colors of the ocean and hear the crashing of the waves upon the reefs...music to my ears, lullaby to my sleepy eyes...as I used to fall asleep just watching the sea and listening to the waves..not forgetting waking up to the same and feel like a brand new day has dawned after a beautiful evening of feast for my eyes and ears.
Walking down to the waters...you can literally see the fish with your naked eyes, what a vast feast spread right in front of you and when you put on the mask and snorkel... a feast not to be missed, believe me. A must see, must experience and must feast upon kinda place. Crystal clear water and colors of Mohave shading and splashing in the waters
The staff at the reception and the kitchen staff are all too good to talk about, took care of all my every need-vegan meals etc with care and concern. Enjoyed every second of it. Thank you Le Peninsula- hope you will have me again in the laps of your waves.

Room Tip: "Sea view rooms are to die for.."
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank LETCHUMIPRABAH R
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed here for a week. Chose location based on it being convenient to airport, family in Mahebourg & straightforward road access to get to other parts of the island. Location is good, we had a room facing beach and it was a lovely view. It’s the off season, so we rarely had to share the view or beach with others. All meals & afternoon crepes included. Decent variety and quality of food. I agree with other reviewers that the resort & facilities are tired, and staff not particularly friendly or responsive. We did not find any areas besides the beach that we would want to spend time at around the resort, so we spent our days elsewhere. Also people smoke in all the poolside areas and outdoor tables which was very unpleasant as a non-smoker. Rooms are comfortable but basic & definitely bring your own hairdryer if you plan on using one as the ones provided are useless for anything more than removing steam from bathroom mirror. Also don’t expect any toiletries besides soap. Phone in our room didn’t work and air conditioner constantly malfunctioned, but these were only minor annoyances for us. Organize your own tours, assistance offered at resort is minimal.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Leila K
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Start with the positives. The location is amazing. Right on a lovely beach with swimming in a sheltered reef. Beautiful sunsets despite being on the east coast as you are right by a bay. We were there for the full moon and it was magical. However the hotel itself does need an update. If you want a cheap relaxing all inclusive this is fine. If you want high end and beautiful finishes this is not for you. Some staff were lovely but many a bit surly. Brits may find the service a bit unfriendly. The food was a tad repetitive but always something I could eat being veggie. There is some loud aircraft noise as its by the airport. I personally love to see planes go over. For some it may spoil the ambience. With a bit of money spent on it this hotel would be fine. It was my first time to Mauritius and first time All inclusive. Both surprisingly enjoyable.

Room Tip: The rooms right on the oceanfront had dream views although were the most dated.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 June 2018

My wife and I were staying in the area so we thought we'd treat ourselves and go to the Spa at Le Peninsular Bay. Bad mistake! From the moment we walked in, everying was very brusque and businesslike. The was no welcome drink, or health questionnaire (that we've had at every other spa we've been to). In fact, we barely even sat down before we were ushered into tratment rooms. I had an aromatherapy massage that was more like a sports massage, with nothing relaxing about it, and my wife had a manicure and pedicure. The standard of her manicure, pedicure and nail polish was so poor that the first thing my wife did when we got back out hotel was to strip off the nail polish and do it again herself.
I stress that we were not staying at the hotel but just went there as we were nearby

If you want a good example of a spa, go to Rituals Spa and Black River. It's a superb spa and hald the price of Le Peninsular

Stayed: May 2018
Reviewed 4 June 2018

Check my previous review of this hotel in August 2017. The service got better this time, I have absolutely nothing to complain.
I just wanted to inform you a few changes in the hotel:
The Lookea team is no more there, so no club-med style entertainment present.
Sega night only on saturday, other nights are quiet.
Sauna is still complimentary.
Peak times of the airplanes are 10am and 4pm.
Well done to the staff!

Room Tip: Deluxe sea view rooms offers incredible views. Comfort/standard rooms are ok as well.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple