“horrible surprice”

La Pomme d'amour
Ranked #13 of 164 Restaurants in Grand Baie
Price range: US$12 - US$24
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 26 January 2014

We been to have a dinner with some friends,and we was wery exciting to try this restaurant,but.....the plates they come after long time,and the quality no good,the fish was frozen and no taisting.,the portion little and over cook.i won't came back there anymore.

2  Thank ppasqui

Reviewed 30 December 2013

Using reviews on TripAdvisor, I chose La Toque Blanche as venue for celebrating my parents' Golden Wedding anniversary. Françoise was extremely helpful in composing a menu for the celebrated couple, and their children and grandchildren, and we were all terribly impressed with the quality of the food, the splendid service and the effort that was into making the day special for all of us. We could thoroughly recommend the restaurant not only for a nice family occasion like ours, but also couples and friends alike.

2  Thank oystyw
Reviewed 23 December 2013

I must admit I have been a regular and still is. Given the new venue I was bracing myself up for some changes on the card. Unfortunately it is still the same. I can understand that they retain the classics on the card but for repeaters we wish to take a new twist from the "Sympatique" equipe de la Toque Blanche.

Having said that - the food remains good - service in a much bigger place gets a bit sloppy sometime but ok.

2  Thank r c
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Apparently they moved here less than three weeks ago. Three sections, inside which is very small, the terrace where we ate and is very nice. A garden section which presumably will have more colour as time passes. Started with crab gratin, my wife thought it was excellent I thought it was a bit short on crab. For mains our waiter recommended the fish of the day. First class, my wife thought it was by far the best tasting fish she had eaten in years. Unfortunately the electric went off between courses and this probably effected the vegetables which were not hot enough. On the down side the beer comes in cans which I feel is not right. Not hard to change to bottles. Also they do not accept credit cards,. Yet!

Reviewed 1 December 2013

If you are looking for authentic Mauritian cuisine at its best thats the place to go. The Prawn Rougaille with rice was cooked to perfection and the chocolate fondant as desert is a must. The ambiance is relaxed and the chef personally greets his guests making this a very nice touch and a must go restaurant in Mauritius.