Having read the previous review I was stunned and wondered if they had stayed in the same place. We have just returned from a fortnight relaxing break here and it was wonderful. It is not a five star property and is not advertised as such but it is a friendly , clean and very pleasant hotel with a wonderful ambience and first class staff.
Yes there was a few children and I mean a few - half a dozen at the most and to be honest most of the time you did not know they were there ! ! The rooms were very clean and had everything you could want - the only criticism I would make is that they do lack storage for clothes but we managed . They were set among lovely gardens and were spotlessly clean and kept that way throughout our stay with lovely clean and fresh linen and towels which is far more important and on the plus side had a great shower with endless hot water !!!!
The general hotel areas were also very well kept and maintained. The public toilets were immaculate , the pools and seating areas were always clean.
Entertainment is provided by Clive and his team and there was something for everyone yet if you chose not to participate it was not in your face. We thoroughly enjoyed the aqua gym !! There was always something every night from karaoke to a singer , local dancers etc which you could chose to watch or just dine and have a drink if you wanted.
Food - Breakfast was lovely - everything you could want and always fresh and hot. Lunch was generally off the a la carte menu and was cooked to order - it was first class and a good choice . The salads were very tasty and the pizza hot and fresh, there was always a daily dish and sandwiches made to order. They did not have soup one day but the next day it had been made specially for us !! Dinner was a themed buffet and was always beautifully presented and the staff in various uniforms to match the theme and the restaurant decorated accordingly . Sometimes the buffet choice was a little limited but we always found something we enjoyed.
Staff- Service and customer care at this hotel is without exception first rate from the cleaners and gardeners upwards. Special mention must go to Stephanie on reception who was our first point of contact and who was usually somewhere round the hotel most days- she was warm ,welcoming ,friendly and very efficient. Ajeev the restaurant manager who was superb - very efficient and always made every guest feel special . He would always go the extra mile to ensure you had enjoyed the dining experience. It was both our friends birthdays while we were here and as well as a special decorated table for dinner they both were presented with a lovely birthday cake and the. Staff sung Happy Birthday to them - it was a lovely gesture !! Nisha from the restaurant was a lovely girl - she loved to have a laugh and joke with you but was also very efficient and was always aware of guest needs around her. The bar staff were first class and always pleasant and efficient and always ready for a chat or joke !!! Melvyn and Jim were great - friendly , happy and smiling and efficient with your drinks orders. Clive and his entertainment team were great - they put in a huge effort to keep you happy !!!! We loved the Aqua Gym thanks guys !!! The manager Jennifer is very hands on and is very approachable and talks to all guests to ensure they are enjoying their holiday.
All in all we had a very enjoyable holiday - big thanks to all staff who ensured we did . Would not hesitate to recommend this hotel - great value for money , great hotel .
Thanks again Jane & Keith
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- AN OASIS IN THE HEART OF BUZZY GRAND-BAIE Veranda Grand Baie Hotel and Spa nestles in a beautiful bay at the heart of the lively village of Grand Baie - with its restaurants, bars, nightclubs and shops at your door step. This is the ideal place to immerse yourself in local life or yacht out to the beautiful islands of the north. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Holiday Gems, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Sunspot Tours, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Veranda Grand Baie Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Veranda Grand Baie Hotel And Spa
- Veranda Grand Baie Hotel Grand Baie
- Veranda Hotel Grand Baie
- Grand Baie Veranda Hotel
- Veranda Grand Baie Hotel & Spa Mauritius