“Awesome holidays at Mauritius”

Veranda Grand Baie Hotel & Spa
Ranked #8 of 28 Hotels in Grand Baie
Jaipur, India
“Awesome holidays at Mauritius”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Veranda Grand Baie where we stayed for 7 days, was one of the amazing experiences during our stay at Mauritius. The staff was extremely cordial and ever ready to help, especially the Chef Mr.Linsay went out of his way to provide us excellent Indian vegetarian cuisine everyday and he made sure that he discussed the Menu on a day today basis, which was an absolute customer delight experience and i must also mention the name of our attendant at the restaurant Ms. Presila who took excellent care of my family during the 7 day stay. The rooms are very clean and airy and overall ambiance of the Hotel is of highest standards.The various activities at the Hotel were well organised and punctuality was the key aspect. I would definitely recommend this Hotel to my friend & relatives , who plans to visit Mauritius in the near future. The other aspect which i should share is that the Hotel is well located in the Northern part of Mauritius and one can have an easy access to the nearby market place for shopping,money exchange & ATM, super market (SUPER U) and excellent local eating joints. And finally i would sum it up by saying that me & my family enjoyed every bit of our holiday at Mauritius.
Ajay Nair & family ,Jaipur/Bengaluru, India

Room Tip: The rooms near the pool are a bit noisier, rest all the locations are fine...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank AjayNair_Jaipur
Jennifer W, Manager at Veranda Grand Baie Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Trip Advisor Member

We are ever so grateful for your time in having posted your review.

We are delighted that you enjoyed such "awesome holidays" and can only hope that we will have the pleasure of hosting you and your family some time in the near future!

With my kind regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Milan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

Our stay at this hotel was very nice, we stayed for 7 nights and enjoyed it a lot. Great location close to the centre, some good restaurants are walking distance. Rooms were simple but clean and essential. Staff was nice and welcoming.
I really loved SPA, I would highly recommend trying different massages.
In overall great

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ruslanka86
Dear Trip Advisor Member from Milan

Thank you so very much for your review which is shared amongst all team members like the rest of all comments!

We are very pleased that you had " a very good experience" and look forward to hosting you soon!

Durban, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

Best hotel in Mauritius! Staff are amazing, entertainment great, food always good and excellent bar staff and best bar manager , Manav ,made us feel so welcome and very accommodating, nothing was too much to ask for. Would come here again in a heart beat. We had the all inclusive package, was worth every cent and would highly recommend it.

Thanks for an amazing holiday to all the staff especially the bar staff

From leigh and Jono

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Leighjono
Dear Trip Advisor Member

Thank you so very much in having shared your experience with us!

We are very pleased that you enjoyed an "amazing" holiday and we do look forward to hosting you once again in the near future!

Cambridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

WOW!!! This hotel is wonderful. Food is excellent. Everywhere is so clean and the staff are so very helpful and kind. ALL guests are made very welcome. Entertainment is great and the swimming pools are crystal clear and clean. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.
Roger Taylor, Cambridge, UK

Room Tip: GO for a superior room
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Jennifer W, Manager at Veranda Grand Baie Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear Trip Advisor Member

Thank you ever so much for this glorious posting! We are very pleased that you had such a lovely time with us!

We hope that your return flight via Dubai went well!

Do take care!

Kindest regards
Preston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

This hotel should be rated 4 Star, purely on service.

My first visit to Veranda, Grand Baie was in October 2013, 2 weeks later, after my return to the UK, I booked for early April 2014 prior to Easter, I was that pleased. I have already booked and paid for late November 2014, which will be my 16th visit to Mauritius; this second visit to Veranda was even better than my first visit, which I thoroughly enjoyed.

Location to Grand Baie, is excellent, 5 minutes walk down the beach or footpaths, rather than 10 minutes by often dangerous roads. For the Super 'U', massive supermarket complex, shops, bars and restaurants etc.

I have stayed in 4* and 5* hotels in Mauritius, but value for money, the Veranda is extremely good, although it is a small hotel in comparison to other 4* and 5* hotels, I personally feel the all round service is better and more friendly. This includes, the gardeners, daily room cleaners, the waiters, the bar staff, Chefs, and all of the Management, nearly forgot the receptionists who are extremely helpful and informative.

In my experiences at Veranda, nothing is too much of a problem. One night a couple who had been fishing with me took back to Veranda, 3 small Skip Jack Tuna, one of the chefs presented the cooked fish on a platter, with their desired accompaniments, only 3 hours after their return to the hotel.

Admittedly the Dinner choice is limited, but it is quality food ingredients and you will not go hungry, therefore you are not paying for waste or recycling of food.

I prefer to go All Inclusive, that way I am not totting up my expenditure daily and can totally relax and enjoy my activities and not bother about my leaving bill. However being on All Inclusive does not stop me from having drinks , lunch or a restaurant meal in other establishments. Plus the majority of water activities etc. are also included.

In my 2 experiences staying at this hotel, I can find no fault, not that I go looking for faults or complaints. I have attached a few photographs of some of this hotel but they were taken at 6.30pm as the sun was going down.

Please contact me if you require any further advice.

Room Tip: The pool side rooms can be noisy during the day with people enjoying them selves, As I go to bed af...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank Mike W
Jennifer W, Manager at Veranda Grand Baie Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Dear Trip Advisor Member

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your second stay as much as your first one, if not even more...!

We will keep working towards giving you full satisfaction; this being possible with our team members, some of which are our stars for being pinpointed every so often by our guests themselves.

We do look forward to welcoming you again and thank you so very much for your kindness.

Mauritius
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

very beautiful to spent your holiday ,nice view ,excellent beach ,great pool facilities with jacuzzi..Room was incredible ,nice shower..food was excellent..too many things that sometimes can,t describe..I have a wonderful time with my family @veranda grand baie..great achievement to bar staff who really take care of my family..thanks to manav and avi and vikram..thanks for the" sous marin drink"{vikram} and your home made cocktail { avi ].. Next time i will be back with my full family ..keep it up and have a wonderful massage with the therapist neha

.Best regards
Mooneshwar Lallbeeharry
Housekeeping supervisor
St regis hotel
Le Morne

Room Tip: Rooms are very clean and tidy ..very good space in room..
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank lallbeeharry m
Jennifer W, Manager at Veranda Grand Baie Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 13 April 2014
Dear Trip Advisor Member

Many thanks for your comments.

We are pleased that you enjoyed such a wonderful family stay at our place.

Our team members try to do their best to satisfy our guests and we are happy that you were touched by their work and attitude.

Wishing you a happy coming Easter

Kind regards
Pretoria, South Africa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

Very well located with regard to scenery of the bay, harbour and close proximity to CBD. Excellent beach facilities, pool and gardens. Very basic rooms, bathrooms and meals. It offered the cheapest rate when compared to other hotels. No luxuries in terms of toiletries and furniture/ fittings. It was the beachfront location that made it different from an apartment.

Room Tip: ground floor pool facing
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Shabeer I
Dear TripAdvisor Member

Thank you for your comments.

We want to be the best value money can buy and will keep striving towards that.

Wishing you a very Happy Easter!

Kind regards
Veranda Pointe aux Biches Hotel
#3 of 8 in Pointe Aux Piments
Veranda Paul & Virginie Hotel & Spa
Royal Palm Beachcomber Luxury

Been to Veranda Grand Baie Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!