We went to this hotel for our honeymoon and we had a perfect time there.
When we arrived there they greeted us with a glass of water, one of pamplemousse juice and a wet towel while we were waiting to check-in. Because we were newly weds we also received a complimentary romantic dinner which we chose to have on the beach (we had to pay 1600 MRU because it was on the beach, but if you don't want to pay extra you can have it at the restaurant).
The room we had faced the turquoise sea (I believe all rooms face the sea) and there was a bottle of champagne along with a cookie as a courtesy of the hotel. We loved their food, especially the buffet dinners that had a specific like Indian, Asiatic or Mauritian food (the Mauritian was the best in my opinion). They have 4 restaurants where you can eat but for some of them you have to book in advance with 1 day.
They also had a bunch of free entertainment for us, like tennis lessons, golf lessons, painting sessions, movies on the beach, Indian dances, dancing at the bar, snorkelling near the reef, hydro-bicycles, kayaks, jacuzzi, hammam, sauna. You could also do water sports, diving or go in some trips on the island but those had to be paid.
The beach was also great and the water was warm even if it was winter for them (we went in July). We stayed there for 11 nights and it only rained in 2 days, but for a short time. All the staff was very nice, always smiling and saying hello to you and they all spoke English.
One more thing, they have a secret bar which pops up in different places that are more isolated and you can be your own bartender and make your own drink for free. Look for it! :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our luxury hotel in Grand Gaube, Mauritius, overlooks the triple-bay beaches, lagoon and spectacular north islets. It exuberates a romantic atmosphere and its rooms all enjoy incredible views of the ocean. Other highlights include its proximity to the vibrant seaside village of Grand Baie, three swimming pools and access to a world-class golf course nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Holiday Gems, Ctrip TA, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your LUX* Grand Gaube reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lux Grand Gaube Hotel Grand Gaube
- Legends Hotel Grand Gaube
- Legends Hotel Mauritius
- Legends Grand Gaube
- Hotel Legend Mauritius
- LUX* Grand Gaube Mauritius