We were lucky enough to visit this hotel for the second time in October this year! We cannot praise the hotel staff enough for making our stay a delight from the moment we arrived until we left. We arrived after a long flight to be met by Ailsa - with a warm smile and cold drink. We were shown to our room which was ready, despite our very early morning arrival, and decorated with flower petals. The view from our balcony over the ocean was spectacular - we enjoyed many early evenings watching the sunset! Stunning!
The hotel is set in the most beautiful grounds with so many amazing plants and flowers - a credit to all the ground staff who work so hard.
The restaurants are lovely. We ate at Abalone several times and could not praise the food and staff highly enough. We have read that service was slow - we did not find this. Service was efficient and very professional. Thank you Ricardo and your staff for several lovely evenings!
But our favourite restaurant was The Beach. Where do we start! The food is just delicious and the setting is magical. Ramsamy, Rebecca and the lovely Stevie could not have done more to make every evening there a joy! However, Jean Phillippe is a true gentleman. He has a way of making every guest feel relaxed and The Beach would not be the same without him. Thank you Jean Phillippe for making our holiday so very special.
We had planned for a very relaxing holiday and made good use of the sunbeds on offer - particularly sunbeds 1 & 2. We were looked after with a constant supply of cold drinks and fresh towels from all the staff who worked on the beach. Particular thanks to Kumar. But the beach would not the same without Reedo (and the hat!) who was always there with a smile and an amusing story. Thank you Reedo for everything!
The entertainment provided in the evenings was mixed but the real joy was the relaxed atmosphere in the bar area. This is due to the hard work from all the staff here. Georgia was a star and one of the nicest people you could ever meet, Vijay was always there with a smile. There are too many staff to mention but thank you to all of you .
Our final thanks are to Sandren who runs the most fantastic bar with his amusing stories, winning smile and he pours a very good cocktail!
Would we return for a third holiday here - already booked and we can't wait!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our luxury hotel in Grand Gaube, Mauritius, overlooks the triple-bay beaches, lagoon and spectacular north islets. It exuberates a romantic atmosphere and its rooms all enjoy incredible views of the ocean. Other highlights include its proximity to the vibrant seaside village of Grand Baie, three swimming pools and access to a world-class golf course nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LoveHolidays, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Holiday Gems, Agoda, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your LUX* Grand Gaube reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lux Grand Gaube Hotel Grand Gaube
- Legends Hotel Grand Gaube
- Legends Hotel Mauritius
- Legends Grand Gaube
- Hotel Legend Mauritius
- LUX* Grand Gaube Mauritius