The Lux Grand Gaube is on the north of Mauritius and it has a wonderful outlook over turquoise lagoons and then sea. We were in the most basic room but it still had an amazing sea view. The grounds are beautiful with flowering trees and shrubs but the most exciting views are towards the sea.
The staff have been without fail friendly and courteous. From the manager downwards they have gone out of their way to be helpful.
Among the Lux brand selling points are the Cafe Lux where we have had exceptionally good ( and pretty) flat whites, and the ice cream bar in the form of an extended mini car. We have not been lucky enough to find one of the hidden bottles holding a reward but we have spied the secret bar (a wardrobe) although we didn't use it as, being all inclusive, we had ample alcohol.
We were here for our silver wedding anniversary and they were kind enough to put a bottle of sparkling wine, a fruit platter and a special cake in our room as well as vouchers for a cookery lesson and a romantic meal for two. It was much appreciated and made us feel very special.
The only minuses have been the problem of sun lounger reserving by guests. This has meant that after a morning excursion it has been impossible to find a place to sit. The staff is aware and they are trying their best to deal with a problem caused by the sheer selfishness of some guests. The other problem arises from the difficulty in booking a table in one of the a la carte restaurants. The food in the buffet is excellent but if you want to eat slightly differently you need to book before you arrive which is not easy!
Altogether I can thoroughly recommend the hotel for couples and families with children as there are many and varied activities for different age groups.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our luxury hotel in Grand Gaube, Mauritius, overlooks the triple-bay beaches, lagoon and spectacular north islets. It exuberates a romantic atmosphere and its rooms all enjoy incredible views of the ocean. Other highlights include its proximity to the vibrant seaside village of Grand Baie, three swimming pools and access to a world-class golf course nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Holiday Gems, Southall Travel, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your LUX* Grand Gaube reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lux Grand Gaube Hotel Grand Gaube
- Legends Hotel Grand Gaube
- Legends Hotel Mauritius
- Legends Grand Gaube
- Hotel Legend Mauritius
- LUX* Grand Gaube Mauritius