LUX* Grand Gaube
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
  • Pool
4,576 results
All reviewsabalonemain beachbeach restaurantour honeymoona la carte restaurantsjean phillipeoutdoor cinemamessage in a bottlecoffee barbanyan restaurantjunior suiteall inclusive packagethe banyan treewater sportsbanyan poolherb gardenisland kitchen
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

A lovely, spotlessly clean and private resort with great all inclusive facilities and spa. The main appeal however, was the genuine warmth and attention to detail of the entire team of staff who bent over backwards to make us feel like we were the most important guests in the hotel. So many to mention but David the assistant front office manager, Satish in the coffee bar, Vijay in the bar, Vickram in the main restaurant and last but most definitely not least, Vickram in the driving range made us feel particularly special. I can't recall ever feeling as sad as I did to end a vacation or making as many friends as I did here. Our first visit to Mauritius but not out last.

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Lynn W
BriceLunot, Directeur général at LUX* Grand Gaube, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Lynn W,

Thank you very much for your beautiful comment on LUX* Grand Gaube!

I am so glad to read that our team members put you at the center of their activities which ultimately made your stay even more enjoyable.

Our team members understood that we are in the business of helping people celebrate life and I am humbled to say that they work with much passion.

People like Satish, David, Vijay and Vikram are some of the pillars that make LUX* Grand Gaube what it is and thank you for recognizing their services. Rest assure that I will convey your compliments to them personally.

I really hope to have the immense pleasure of welcoming you again,

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Nice location, the staff is very friendly especial thanks to Michel at the reception who help us a lot, the Indian and Asian buffet was amassing at the "kitchen restaurant " thanks to kervin and vikram(hope I wrote the name correctly for vikram ) who makes us very comfortable during the dinner time, there was a huge selection for breakfast, the milk and fruit smoothie is delicious and not forgetting the Lux Cafe! Marc help me to choose the best one and it was wonderful,there were lots of watersport facilities and the boathouse team was very kind with us, we go for lunch at the "Beach Restaurant " it is an Italian restaurant ,you can admire the nice sea view while you are enjoying your meal as well you can also watch the chef preparing your food! Me and my familly wish to thank Ricardo for his great service and also the chef Giovani for the great and tasty food, A big thanks to all the team member who makes our stay memorable ,keep it up ,we will come back again :-)

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Vellee
BriceLunot, Directeur général at LUX* Grand Gaube, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Dear Vellee,

We are humbled by the title of your review,

I wish to thank you for your kinds words and for recognizing so many of our team members.

"People" is indeed one of our main pillars and I am delighted to read that they truely made the difference during your stay with us.

I look forward to welcome you back to LUX* Grand Gaube in a not too distant future,

Reviewed 13 July 2014

What a great place to visit and stay. very nice in just about every way and such great staff. a pretty good location to explore the island from, but it takes time to get down to the south and I suggest you avoid Port Louis if driving. There is so much to see and do or just relax in the resort facilities as they are great. its not as good for snorkelling as other places as its shallow, the reef is a long way off and the water can be a bit stirred up. that said its not bad. we would go back very happily no question.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
4  Thank David L

Dear David L,

Thank you for posting a review on this platform,

We are so glad that you chose us to celebrate your 40th birthday and thank you for trusting us.

It is true that in period of low tides and with the water receding, it makes it slightly more inconvenient to snorkel, however our Boat House organizes two trips per day to the nearest scenic snorkeling spot which is around the Coin De Mire island and I hope you did make use of this complementary facility.

I wish to thank you for your highest ratings in all categories and hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back soon,

Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

A week's stay here was wonderful as well as indulging. Felt truely pampered and taken cared of with a personal touch. It's a splendid choice for family vacation especially for families with young kids.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Preeyank R

Dear Preeyank R,

The entire team joins me to thank you for staying at our resort and most of all for taking the time to share your experience on tripadvisor.

Your profound appreciation of this experience and the effort of the team is a great compliment and has given a sense of purpose to all those, whose duty was to look after you.

We look forward to welcome you again at LUX* Grand Gaube!,

Best wishes

Reviewed 11 July 2014

We stayed here in mid May for our honeymoon and had a truest unforgettable time. The hotel was lovely and facilities and activities first rate. One standout member of the team was Selven who seemed to work the main bar around the clock, he was always happy to help and have a conversation - if you see him also remember to ask for one of his own creation cocktails - I'm not sure what was in them but they certainly helped relax us after a long day in the sun!

Room Tip: Watch out for the trees near the Banyan trees nearby, the nesting birds can be a little noisey!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Rob T

Dear Rob T,

We loved your review – few words that said it all. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and found everything you needed for a wonderful holiday.

Rating your stay as an unforgettable experience is the greatest reward that we could have hoped for and thank you for sharing same on this platform. I am sure other fellow travelers will get inspired by your review,

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back, hopefully in the not too distant future.

Yours sincerely,

PS: Ever since your review has been published, Selven has been the busiest man on the bar preparing special cocktails :)