“Indescribable....loved it!!”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Grand Gaube
A TripAdvisor Member
“Indescribable....loved it!!”
Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

Went here for my honeymoon and loved it. Word cannot describe how beautiful this hotel and beach are. If you want somewhere special to go this is the place.

Staff are amazing, friendly and helpful.

The food was amazing and there was something for everyone. My wife is vegetarian and she was amazed at what they had to offer. Would recommend eating at The Beach restaurant for those that want to have a choice of everything. The pizza there is brilliant.

The Kitchen also has a hidden gem generally on themed nights (if not already Indian night) there will be Indian food as well as their normal buffet.

On site facilities are brilliant. Although didn't get to use it all but lots to do on site.

Overall loved this place and only regret was not going for 2 weeks. The only small criticism and it is only small would be that the drinks service was slow especially for cocktails but as we were all inclusive I didn't mind the wait.

Other than that I would recommend to all. LUX Grand Gaube you made our honeymoon so special. Thank you :-)

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
BriceLunot, Directeur général at LUX* Grand Gaube, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Dear Guests,

Greetings from a sunny LUX* Grand Gaube!

What a lovely sum up to what we strive to do on a daily basis. THANK YOU, thank you for so beautifully wording your recent experience at LUX* Grand Gaube. I am convinced that travelers will gain a lot of incites while reading your recommendations.

Rest assured that your views expressed on the service of cocktails will be worked on immediately.

Thank you, dear guests, for allowing us to serve you better during your next visit which I hope is not too far away (for two weeks this time),

Best regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (726)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Camberley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2014

This was my second visit to Lux Grand Gaube. Last year we went as a family, it was so amazing that I had to take my friends this year for a 40th birthday, to experience it as well.

I can not emphasize how wonderful and friendly the staff is at this resort, all of them! The waiters, reception staff, housecleaning, the boathouse people, the friendly guitar man, the lifeguard at the swimmingpool, even the gardeners. They really do make you feel like royalty.

The food was absolutely amazing!! Top class chefs especially the ones and the Banyan.

A big thank you to Daniel at the seafood restaurant making such a big effort to make us feel super special every time we dined there. Wyland for serving us cocktails on the beach from relatively early in the morning till late at night :-) We never had to wait, he was always there.
Nitesh at the bar knows his customers so well... excellent service, we did not even have to ask, he knew exactly what we wanted :-) As I said in the beginning, the staff of this resort really makes it a great success.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sparing some of your precious time to tell us about your experience at LUX* Grand Gaube on this platform.

I am delighted to read that you brought back some great memories from your stay with us, as they would last much longer than the tanning.

Your loyalty to LUX* Grand Gaube is very well appreciated and it is only natural that the entire team puts you at the center of all their activities.

I seize this opportunity to thank you again for your kind words and it will indeed be my pleasure to welcome you again to LUX* Grand Gaube,

Best regards,
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2014

We stayed here with friends to celebrate our anniversaries. From check in to check out the staff were amazing, everyone is so friendly. Our room looked across the sea was spacious and lovely. The food was very good in all the restaurants .the ice cream mini was so goooood so many homemade icecreams to choose from. The water sports are included and really good the glass bottom boat is worth a trip loads to see. We took the number 22 bus into Pamplemousse Gardens from just outside the hotel then walked over to the sugar cane museum a day trip out for not much cost and really good going on the bus with the locals. We also used destination soleil for a trip to the South well worth doing it was informative and personal as we had a mini bus for just the 4 of us worth alook for trips out. Just to keep the reveiw simple book lux hotel and you wont be disappointed.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Lofty66,

I have to admit that it was an absolute pleasure reading your review and Trip Advisor travelers would surely have a great insight to our property by reading your experience.

I am so happy to read that you had an amazing time with us. Along with the team at Lux* Grand Gaube, we try our best to help our guests celebrate life and reading that we did not fail in doing so for you is our greatest reward.

Mauritius National Botanical Garden is home to an incredible variety of tropical plants, which many of them indigenous and I definitely share your views and appreciation towards this attraction.

I truly hope to have the honor of welcoming you again in the future,

Till we meet next, receive my best regards,
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2014

The many excellent reviews of this hotel will tell you it's a great place to stay. What makes it truly excellent are the staff. It's hard to pick out the stars but here are three.
Gobin, the gardener, who found my misplaced watch on the beach and handed it in to security and henceforth back to my wrist. There's honesty for you. Selven, the Assistant Bar Manager, who's customer service wouldn't go amiss in any of the finest hotels in the world. Finally, Wyland, who had only been working at the hotel for ten weeks but to whom nothing was to much trouble. Service with a genuine smile. Apologies to everyone I didn't mention, you were great too!
If you want a great and relaxing place to stay, you won't go wrong with this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Geoff S,

Allow me to thank you for your trust in choosing LUX* Grand Gaube during your recent stay on the beautiful island of Mauritius!

Comments like yours makes our day worth looking forward to and thank you for recommending our hotel so highly on this platform.

I have personally passed on your regards to Gobin, Selven and Wyland, I second you on the fact that their passion is second to none when it comes to exceeding guest's expectations.

You have our best regards, till we meet next,

LUX* Grand Gaube Team
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

It was my wife's birthday so we decided to visit Mauritius. With good reviews of Lux Grand Gaube, we picked this hotel and believe me they didn't disappoint atall.

The resort is beautifully located, with a private beach and lots of water sports available. The resort is quite big and has a a lot of in house activities which will surely keep the guests busy. The 'Movie on the Beach' was an awesome experience. The 'Secret Bar' and 'Message in the bottle' are really great concepts. I found the 'Secret Bar' and believe me I actually felt like a winner!!
The restaurant serves good food and the attendants are really cordial. Infact the chefs are quite helpful aswell. All the 7 days of our stay they had a separate Indian buffet which served finger licking Indian dishes. Though we missed desert at the end. Hope the management will do something about it after reading this review.

The Bar is an awesome place with live music at the pool side and one can really relax and enjoy his/her evening there.

The Beach side restaurant serves good snacks at the time when you feel like munching something while lying at the beach.

In house Cinema is another great advantage and so are the sports facilities. Must say, this resort has everything to keep you busy through out your stay. So just unwind and enjoy your stay here.

Special thanks to 'Elena' who was there to welcome us at the evening (as our flight was delayed) and her opening greetings was really warm and gave us the 1st impression about the resort's service quality.

Second person whom I would like to thank is 'Ticia', she took us for a site seeing of the resort and was very warm and good in taking care.

We were invited for 'Cocktail' evening at the beach side and we thoroughly enjoyed it. Thanks a lot for it.

I can clearly say that the resort really scores very good in terms of service and it's beauty. Keep up the good work!!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
BriceLunot, Directeur général at LUX* Grand Gaube, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear Dushyant_Sinha,

It has been a great pleasure for the team to be of service to you, and thank you for the tribute you gave LUX* Grand Gaube in this forum

Your appreciation has given a sense of purpose to all those (especially to Elena and Ticia), whose duty were to look after you and I thank you for your excellent rating and high recommendations.

I am glad that you appreciated the cocktail given in favor of our resident guests, we do value our guests and people like you deserves our highest consideration,

We are all looking forward to your next visit.
Dublin
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I visited for our first wedding anniversary. We stayed for 12 nights from 31st July. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay has most likely will be back again. We stayed on an all inclusive basis and it was certainly worth the money. The food is the best all inclusive food we have ever had, we have stayed in many 5star all inclusive resorts around the world. My husband was 14lb heavier when we came home!!! As some other guests have mentioned service can be slow for wine at meal times and coffee at breakfast. This however does not impede on the enjoyment of the restaurant experience and the food. We found Jean Phillipe at The Beach restaurant to be a true gentleman who goes out of his way to make your meal special. The food at this restaurant is wonderful especially at lunchtime. The Banyan tree restaurant was also a lovely treat at lunchtime with fabulous local food and the guitar player making it a truly relaxing experience. Our least favourite restaurant was Abalone because we found the service for drinks to be very slow but we had no fault at all with the food. We ate several time during the day at the bar. Food is great here. We spent a lot of time at the bar!!! Selven the bar manager and his team work tirelessly day and night with a smile. Selven and Anil in the bar made our experience more enjoyable. Thank you both. The entertainment in my opinion at night time was only ok. Some of the bands were good but others really bad. We enjoyed when there was music between 7-9 this was the time we had a drink before dinner and the music at this time was really good to get the night going. Although I think this only happened twice during our stay.
We had a slight problem and my husband complained to the guest relations staff. They got Pravin the restaurant and beverage manager to talk to him. I must say Pravin went above and beyond to fix our problem and we are truly grateful for how him and all the Lux team who made our stay extra special.
We used most of the activities and facilities available to us. We thoroughly enjoyed all of them. The gym is good and the spa is amazing so relaxing. We had a couple massage and really felt relaxed after it. The boathouse staff are great and very helpful with all activities and even giving weather forecasts!
We stayed mainly around the adults only beach for peace and quiet, however the times we were on the main beach we found Reedo to be a pleasure, he looked after us so well. He even introduced us to Tom who organises great boat trips. It's a shame the level of service and attention was not as good at the adult beach as it was on the main beach. Lux need another Reedo! The swimming pools were too cold to really appreciate because of the time of year.
All in all we had a wonderful time and would certainly recommend going to Lux. Thank you to all Lux staff from Mr & Mrs Lester.

Dear Mr and Mrs Lester,

Greetings from a sunny LUX* Grand Gaube!

We would like to thank you for your review posted on this platform. It was great to read from you and we are delighted to note that you fully enjoyed your stay with us.

All my apology once again in regards to the small mis-hap that happened during your stay. Necessary measures have indeed already been taken for the same not to occur again, and again thank you for having brought the same to our attention.

I am so glad to note that people like, Serge, Selven, Pravin and Reedoo helped you 'celebrate life' while staying with us. Your appreciation is their greatest reward and I thank you to bring so much joy to them by recognized them.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again,

Best wishes,
Ricany
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We stayed first time in the similar destination and we were really charmed. Hotel is situated in the north of island in feng shui style with two beaches. We came early in the morning and welcome was excelent. The clerk offered us two kinds of room and we upgraded our room to higher standart. Room was situated at the rear of hotel very close to the second beach, size of the room was enough, big bathroom, little bit old furniture. We had allinclusive program and it was absolutely fantastic, great food and beverage!! All staff are very welcome. There is a very nice men called Big John (not staff). In the beggining of our stay he came to our sunbeds and offered us several trips. Because we preffer to travel with native people, we have chosen two trips with him and both trips was excelent, especial trip to the island on the privat boat with fishing and lunch!! There was just one very unpleasant affair in the end of our stay. We were leaving very late evening and our allinclusive program stoped at 1P.M. and from this time you have to pay for everything!! Nobody told us before and we were really unpleasantly suprised!!!

Room Tip: Rooms next to the second beach are more quite