We went to Legends in April/May 2005 for the first 8 days of our honey moon and then moved onto Dubai for a further 8 days. We are both in our late 20's and are from London and were looking for a resort which would blow our minds.
We too like most people did lots of research, and on several occasions looked on the reviews on this website. A few reviews had given us a few things to worry about and we even came to a point where we were thinking of changing resorts in Mauritius and both my husband and I were so glad we hadn't as we made the right choice.
Legends is an amazing hotel and in a great location. We pulled up to the hotel after a private transfer from the airport. The journey gave us doubts as we drove through towns which weren't impressive at all. The moment we arrived at Legends it was paradise from there onwards. We were greeted with Champagne and cold face towels upon arrival. The staff were ever so friendly and couldn't do enough for us throughout our eight days stay.
The food in all the restaurants were of high quality and high standard considering I am a fussy eater. There was great entertainment in the evenings with different theme nights each evening for dinner. The hotel itself is fantastic and the hospitality is simply 1st class.
Our room was amazing. We had a superior deluxe room, with a sea view balcony. Our room featured a water fountain and the entire room was based on the concept of feng shui. The enitre hotel was based around this idea.
We have travelled to many places and stayed at many 5 star hotels but this topped them all. We both were treated like royalties and I was in my element being treated like a "Princess". We too felt very emotional when we left.
We both would highly recommend Legends for a place to stay.. We would
definitely be going back in the near future... Enjoy...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our luxury hotel in Grand Gaube, Mauritius, overlooks the triple-bay beaches, lagoon and spectacular north islets. It exuberates a romantic atmosphere and its rooms all enjoy incredible views of the ocean. Other highlights include its proximity to the vibrant seaside village of Grand Baie, three swimming pools and access to a world-class golf course nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Holiday Gems, Southall Travel, TravelUp, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Travelbag so you can book your LUX* Grand Gaube reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lux Grand Gaube Hotel Grand Gaube
- Legends Hotel Grand Gaube
- Legends Hotel Mauritius
- Legends Grand Gaube
- Hotel Legend Mauritius
- LUX* Grand Gaube Mauritius