“Good just for the kitesurfing” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mornea Hotel

Mornea Hotel
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Le Morne
“Good just for the kitesurfing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2012 via mobile

We stayed here 10 days, we did not have hot water in the bathroom, the chef provides only what is available in this season, bad cooked and always the same food. There s nothing around and it s hard to reach due to the bad condition of the road. There is no bed or equipment on the beach we had to go to the hotel next to us. If you are looking for a very basic basic service and interested in kitesurf or windsurf only then it' s your place --- not ours!!!!

• Stayed August 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Isle of Man
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2012

Just returned from a week at Mornea. Fortunately it was a boys kiting week so luxuries were not a pre-requisite. This hotel is perfect if you want to roll out of bed, pump up your kite and hit the water but dont expect anything more.

I stayed in a superior room which was comfortable. However my air conditioner worked for 3 days out of the 7 with the other family room aircon not working the whole time we were there. They eventually gave up and gave them another room.

The rooms are cleaned daily however I did notice a couple spider web that appeared to have been there for some time. Again fine for boys but had my wife been with me I would have had to find alternative accommodation.

They ran out of beer and water on our first day and stocks only arrived the following day after 4pm. Tap water was the only option. They appear to run out of water ever 2nd day so stock levels are erratic.

The food was ok, 2 out of the 7 could almost be rated as good and 2 out of the 7 being rated as terrible. We ordered baguettes for lunch on most days, it was hit and miss on whether they had ham and cheese or tuna. Tuna was a couple flakes with loads of onions and ham and cheese was very thinly spread. I wouldn't blame the chef, rather that they appear to be on a tight budget possibly because the hotel was not full.

This is one hotel to be avoided unless you want the location.

Room Tip: Avoid if at all possible
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Globaltraveller083

Travellers are raving about these Le Morne hotels

Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2012

Excellent service, beautiful place to be. Helpful, & smilling staff from the receptionist, waiters, room service, barmen & the entertainer (DJ).

We had a really warm welcome, throughout our stay we were treated like a king & queen. We definately be visiting the hotel as a family.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Cape Town
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2012

We had been at Le Mornea Hotel me and my family.ive not expected that my holiday will be so nice with happiness..excited...and funs.we had really warm welcome me and my family and all the staffs was very dynamic with smile and always to fill us that you are at home...the place is very clean our room are confortable...Breakfast..Lunch and Dinner was very good..the Mauritian food ..hummmmm very good and taste..my children enjoy the mini-club and its vas very successful...its a very nice place for water sports..kite surfing...really its a very nice place and very nice hotels...i will come back to enjoy those memorable days that i pass with my family...and thank you to all staffs...i be back..

Room Tip: Choose the family Rooms
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Stephenson P
Mombasa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2012

Excellent place for water sport or just enjoying the nature. Service in top and extremely helpful and receptionists always smiling :-) despite changing plans back and forth. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner was good with the Lunch as excellent. The staff were always helpful. The roads are good and behavior in traffic makes it easy for you to rent a car and go on your own. A place worth to come back to.

Room Tip: Choose room according to the level of equipment you are carrying.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Port Louis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2012

We had been to the Mornea hotel my wife and i for a break,it was really successful. We had a really warm welcome,the staffs were friendly always smiling .Our room was nice and clean,with a wonderful set up from Manoj and his team.Food was delicious and service excellent thanks to the Chef,Dev,Pawan,Delina and all the team.

A big thanks to Reena,Swapna,Aminel and everyone who had made our stay memorable.

Thanks to all the staff.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alain K
port louis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2012

Ramnish G, you and your cousins were so disgusting at lunch time on sunday. I, myself, got as embarassed as the hotels staffs. So cheap of you to go and pick all the chocolate mousse and place them on your table before you take your meal so that others could not even enjoy this. I would have taken one and then when i complete it, I would go check if more is available. Did you never learnt that?? I was ashamed to say I saw you doing this. Fortunately the hotel staffs were as superb as the environment, cleanliness of room, lobby and restaurant. To my opinion Boat House a bit too far. I really enjoyed my stay. Thanks to Le Mornea Staffs.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple