“Stay away a rip off”
Review of Mornea Hotel

Mornea Hotel
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Le Morne
Reviewed 22 September 2012

My girlfriend and I book for 3 days at the hotel in September 2012 as they claim they were running some specials. upon arrival we were greeted and all the formalities done we were directed to our room. As we opened the door we had that musty smell coming out. There were no airconditioning. i tried to filled the bath but the hot water does not work. Maintenance came and the water is only luke warm. faulty hot water. as my girlfriend is from an english speaking background, she checked for news in english and the TV only plays 3 channels of local channels in hindi and french. went to check for the sauna , spa etc, they are all out of service. i waited for 1 hour and the hot water never got fixed. i ask for a refund and the chief animator/a director clown retained 50% of the first night. i restrained myself from knocking him out being in a foreign country. I WILL NOT recommend this hotel at ALL. STAY AWAY

Room Tip: if you are in Mauritius please stay away from any hotel run by appavoo group. They are terrible
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank leckraz s

Reviewed 26 August 2012

we enjoyed our weekends.
the room was fantastic.
the barman JEANPAUL was excellent.
but what really impressed my family was the ASSISTANT MANAGER AMINEL,he talked wiht all the
guests and he really care for everything.he is professionaland outstanding.i am planning for anothr weekends shortly.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank GreenwoodDhurmeea
Reviewed 18 August 2012

When we arrived to Mornea we were surprised by kindnes of all people. Everyone was really friendly and nice. The staff helped with any problem.
We stayed there for tree days and every meal we had was delicious. I especially recommend fish.
The room was quite good, but there were some small problems. For example we didn´t have hot water first day and all the time there was problem with water pressure. Also the air condition was pretty noisy, even if it was turned off.
There is a beautiful view on the beach. Sea is perfect for windsurfers and kiters, because it is really windy there.
The Hotel Mornea is perfect for water sports.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank mkos
Reviewed 17 August 2012 via mobile

We stayed here 10 days, we did not have hot water in the bathroom, the chef provides only what is available in this season, bad cooked and always the same food. There s nothing around and it s hard to reach due to the bad condition of the road. There is no bed or equipment on the beach we had to go to the hotel next to us. If you are looking for a very basic basic service and interested in kitesurf or windsurf only then it' s your place --- not ours!!!!

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Just returned from a week at Mornea. Fortunately it was a boys kiting week so luxuries were not a pre-requisite. This hotel is perfect if you want to roll out of bed, pump up your kite and hit the water but dont expect anything more.

I stayed in a superior room which was comfortable. However my air conditioner worked for 3 days out of the 7 with the other family room aircon not working the whole time we were there. They eventually gave up and gave them another room.

The rooms are cleaned daily however I did notice a couple spider web that appeared to have been there for some time. Again fine for boys but had my wife been with me I would have had to find alternative accommodation.

They ran out of beer and water on our first day and stocks only arrived the following day after 4pm. Tap water was the only option. They appear to run out of water ever 2nd day so stock levels are erratic.

The food was ok, 2 out of the 7 could almost be rated as good and 2 out of the 7 being rated as terrible. We ordered baguettes for lunch on most days, it was hit and miss on whether they had ham and cheese or tuna. Tuna was a couple flakes with loads of onions and ham and cheese was very thinly spread. I wouldn't blame the chef, rather that they appear to be on a tight budget possibly because the hotel was not full.

This is one hotel to be avoided unless you want the location.

Room Tip: Avoid if at all possible
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Globaltraveller083
Reviewed 10 August 2012

Excellent service, beautiful place to be. Helpful, & smilling staff from the receptionist, waiters, room service, barmen & the entertainer (DJ).

We had a really warm welcome, throughout our stay we were treated like a king & queen. We definately be visiting the hotel as a family.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2012

We had been at Le Mornea Hotel me and my family.ive not expected that my holiday will be so nice with happiness..excited...and funs.we had really warm welcome me and my family and all the staffs was very dynamic with smile and always to fill us that you are at home...the place is very clean our room are confortable...Breakfast..Lunch and Dinner was very good..the Mauritian food ..hummmmm very good and taste..my children enjoy the mini-club and its vas very successful...its a very nice place for water sports..kite surfing...really its a very nice place and very nice hotels...i will come back to enjoy those memorable days that i pass with my family...and thank you to all staffs...i be back..

Room Tip: Choose the family Rooms
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family